Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TienLong
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Workable pickup lines to use on a guyPage 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
This has only happened to me a few times but each time I was very flattered even if I wasn't interested. I tend to respect the woman for working up the nerve to ask me since I know it takes alot of nerve for me to do it. It shows she is actually interested, confident, and has some courage
 justmeandmax
Msg: 102
Workable pickup lines to use on a guy
Posted: 12/8/2007 6:16:50 PM
In short....what would you consider to be an acceptable "opening line" from a total stranger in public somewhere?

"Hey I like that Tenderloin you have in your basket. Would you like to share it? I'll bet you can make some good gravy with it."

Or you could use my favorite, Are you stalking me? smirk
 mark-alan
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/8/2007 6:24:39 PM
The kind of woman I would be attracted to would be enough of a woman to attract my attention and get me to notice her. I'm not attracted to masculine women at all. I may have to work with them. I'm certainly not going to date them if I'm ever single again.
 Ls1
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/8/2007 9:44:15 PM
The most common with me is ...." would you like to dance "
And probably the next is her coming up to me and just saying "hi"

It does'nt take much ladies, no lines are needed.....you could say "are you hungry"
And I'd just say yes and if I was at all interested I would start the conversation from there.
 bedlog
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/8/2007 11:19:14 PM
An acceptable line for me?? How about "hi"?Don't come up with a cheesy line, just say hi. Be yourself, treat the guy the way you'd want to be approached and/or treated.
On a side note, a long time ago, a woman struck up a conversation with me, while at a frozen food distributor. My co-worker/boss was egging me on to talk to her. We went out once, to Bill Clinton's favorite and now defunct Ragin' Cajun restaurant. I then found out she was an upline(?) for Amway........
I don't remember her opening statement but I was suspicious because she was a fairly attractive woman, why would she want to talk to me?
What could a woman say that I wouldn't think strange? Almost anything that didn't involve UFO's, Bigfoot, landing on the moon conspiracies,Amway, .
I'd go to coffee with her if the motive was relationship involved.
 crayonzz
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/9/2007 3:58:31 AM
Say fellas.
She's honest but she's hung up on pick up lines.

Shall we just list some of our best/worst, pickup lines so that EVERYBODY can see just how ridiculous they realy seem in the light of day.

Which is why it's such a silly idea to use any line except "hello".
 justmeandmax
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/9/2007 6:53:00 AM

Shall we just list some of our best/worst, pickup lines so that EVERYBODY can see just how ridiculous they realy seem in the light of day.

How about a pizza and a F***? What you don't like Pizza?
 Doouglass
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/9/2007 8:24:46 AM
How about I sit on your face and you guess my weight?

Licking finger and then touching my clothing, "Let's get you out of these wet clothes"
 geezerbloke08
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/9/2007 11:56:37 AM
one came upto me the other night and asked if her mate could buy me a drink.i felt quite insulted ,firstly she had to get her mate to ask,and also the thought of asking if i had someone in my life in the first place wouldve been nice.unlike herself who was a right munter
 markkerr101
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:32:13 PM
women are too scared and have too much ego to hit on a guy in public. even you bethlet
 YourDarkAngel
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:51:09 PM
She *claims* she's hit on men in public before. Whether it's true or not in out of cyberspace remains to be seen.
 moviebuff4u
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:54:56 PM
the best line i can think of for a woman to use on a man would be the following:

" Hi, you are cute, but I really want to see if there is more to you than meets the eye, lets go for a cup of coffee or a quiet drink and talk for a while"

she should be smiling and making eye contact during the whole line and maybe even touch his arm or shoulder.

there thats what i would like to have happen

hope that helps
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/12/2007 11:41:26 PM
"I have a severe case of amnesia. Can you help me to experience a few things I've forgotten about men? I promise not to forget you. Swear."
 freewriterguy
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/13/2007 7:35:32 AM
When u do try your pick up lines, you might want to consider a couple things since most women are out of their element when it comes to picking up the opposite sex.

1. your less likely to experience rejection if you dont approach a guy hotter than you, take a look in the mirror without the makeup and approach a guy your equal. After all, guys dont need foreplay they are ready to go after visual stimulation.

2. Iv'e noticed that pick up lines work better when your not really serious about picking them up anyways. I've had more fun practice picking up girls sometimes than actually going thru with it. In the right frame of mind, even a "in your dreams" can be just as fun a response as a yes.
 Bethlet
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/13/2007 11:35:54 PM

1. your less likely to experience rejection if you dont approach a guy hotter than you, take a look in the mirror without the makeup and approach a guy your equal.

WITHOUT MAKEUP??????????????????????????

omg.
You can't be serious.

Now, lets discuss this "hotter than you" thing.

This will not be difficult. I am not attracted in any way to "hot" guys. I'm attracted to guys that look like they are working on remodeling their home. I know. Call me crazy. Leathermen make me absolutely wet. I cruise Home Depot hoping to catch sight of a leatherman hanging off some guy intently looking at plumbing fixtures...........
 MacGyverRI
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/14/2007 12:07:52 AM
> (OP) Has a woman ever walked up to you in the middle of a store, or in
> the park, or at the coffee shop.....and struck up a conversation with you?

Yes, many times in a Store & coffee shops. I take hints easily and go with the flow if she's my type and politely make an excuse if she's not.

The Park would be another story, I usually take my Ferret there and she's a babe magnet! :203:
 1985woodchuck
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/14/2007 1:06:19 AM
I like the women yo come up to me and say hi my name is ----- how are you today/this evening or the classic ha arent you burt renolds/ Paul Newman
 smilesM
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/14/2007 2:03:27 AM
ha, classic! I get those sorts of lines from male and female everyday! Strange world
 smilesM
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/14/2007 2:06:39 AM
mr. dynomite you crack me up.
 JasonTKD22
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/14/2007 4:14:55 AM

Anyway....the next time that happens, I'm going to walk right up to them and say "Hi. You are in trouble now. You made eye contact. Are you single? Because if you are, I'd love to take you to coffee. Or you can take me to coffee, whichever is more comfortable for you. Would you be interested in that? (at this point he's in too much shock to respond, so I press forward)....Can I have your number? Here's mine....*hands him my pink cell phone with the roses on it - now he knows for sure I'm a female*.....punch your number in for me would you?"

Better make sure you're both standing on/near a soft surface, first, Bethlet, in case the shock causes him to pass out.
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 6:56:35 AM
"Do you know where the restroom is?"
 pseudonymJay
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/14/2007 7:26:05 AM
Simply approach him with a smile and say hello. Never happened to me but if you did that and I thought you were attractive, I would respond in a positive way and smile back.
In real life though, I have been approached by women asking about products and once because I had this cut on my eyebrow that I could't bandage. None worked though, because I was not sure if they were trying to pick me up because of a lack of eye contact or the smile.
 Bikerscum
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2007 7:31:48 AM
"I have an itch about 1/8" down from my cervix I really need help in scratching..."
 burns2pls
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 12:40:40 PM
One that gets my attention in a fashionable manner is INSURANCE AND REGISTRATION PLEASE!That one gets me all the time and sometimes there is coffee involved,well not with the lady officer that stopped me but in the waiting room at court house LOL
 pet_tech
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 12:56:46 PM
*point to your vagina and say:* "Well!? It's not going to lick itself!"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy