Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jlivingston
Msg: 126
Workable pickup lines to use on a guyPage 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
This one works on me EVERY time if I find the lady attractive:

"Would you dance with me?"

But then I'm a massive massive dance addict, and nothing's more attractive to me when I'm out than a woman who can move on the dance floor.

Personally, I don't really do pick up lines. I tend to get to know people by hanging around them and their friends, and if I take an interest I figure out what theirs are first. If you're going to use them though here are some simple ones:

"Can I buy you a drink?"
"Would you like to come sit with me and my friends?" (This esp works if you're with a group of girls)
"Nice jeans." It sounds ridiculous, but it's just enough to catch a guy off gaurd and let him know you think he's hot.

slowjoeut
Msg: 127
Workable pickup lines to use on a guy
Posted: 12/16/2007 1:06:24 PM
Seriously? If any woman walked up to me and used any pickup line on me I'd be thrilled!

Altho when I was in the navy, this girl started talking to me. I dont remember anything she was saying cause she was talking real fast, them out of the blue she asks if I thing shes "F**kable". That was wierd, but still kinda cool
 McLovin359
Msg: 128
Posted: 12/16/2007 1:10:50 PM
yes in a supermarket...

excuse me, yes, can you tell me where the milk is? yes (give direction) thanks.

F**k just realised I work there and she didn't fancy me
 jlivingston
Msg: 129
Posted: 12/16/2007 1:18:25 PM

Shall we just list some of our best/worst, pickup lines so that EVERYBODY can see just how ridiculous they realy seem in the light of day.

Bring on the bad pick up lines:

"What did you use on them jeans? Windex? Cuz I can sure see myself in them!"
"Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"
"If my right leg was thanksgiving, and my left Christmas would you meet me between the holidays?"
"The more I drink the better you look. How about you buy me a shot?"
"Nice A%$. Will it stay that shape when I rip your pants of later?"
"Remember my name. You'll be screaming it later. "
"How about you come home with me and I show you the meaning of sweet and low?"
"Do you move as well in bed as you do on the dance floor?" (I've personally heard that one before. It might be flattering, but it comes off as WARNING: STD CARRIER IN BOUND!)
"Can I play with your hair" (This mostly works on guys with long hair... like ME!)
"I'm not married. I have no boy friend. I haven't gotten laid in two years, and I've got hand duffs next to my bed. Any questions?"

Worse pick up lines:

"Ever seen 2girlsand1cup?" (That one was actually used on me. I haven't been out with her since)
"So my girl friend and I need a ride home. No. No. We have a car hon."
"And this one time... at band camp... You like band camp right?"
"I have no gag reflex but for you I'll fake it."
"Oh gawd I need to stretch. Would you mind putting my feet up behind my head for me?'
"If I drop a dollar will you bend over?"
"Shh. Don't speak. Just stand there and look pretty. Later you can open your mouth. Of course you still won't be speaking, but you'll still need to open your mouth".

and the lines go on and on and on.
That's what I get for spending most of my adult life in night clubs.

nick danger 3rd eye
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 1:43:36 AM
how does one "get a guys attention" in Home Depot...Longs Drug...Safeway.....Usually, the guy is "task intent"...........

Well if it were me and I was, say, in Home Depot, all it would take is for you to walk up to me and say "nice tool!" I would crack-up and follow you where ever you wanted to go!
 fouthempire
Msg: 131
Posted: 12/17/2007 1:54:25 AM
*point to your vagina and say:* "Well!? It's not going to lick itself!"

Bethlet
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/17/2007 4:40:19 AM
Well...reporting back.

I have not yet had the chance to attempt the "shock and awe" treatment you all have described. Strangely enough, even though I've been in the stores TONS over the last couple weeks, I have YET TO FIND A MAN SHOPPING ALONE! They are all shopping with their wives or girlfriends. But now that I think about it, if they WERE shopping alone, that would make them even LESS available....cuz it means they are there to buy for someone! LOL Probably a female! Ugh.

So....I guess all the guys without gf's are hunkering down to weather the holidays in sports bars somewhere...and I don't have time right now to go check them out. LOL. Too busy making cookies, wrapping presents, and burning fudge. God, what I'd give for a man who could make fudge!

So anyway...I have not forgotten. I'm just going to have to wait til they are all standing in lines to return things after Christmas. Then they'll be captive audiences, and easy to pick off! HAHAHAHA

imaginings
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/17/2007 4:57:51 AM
Has a woman ever…? Yes, several times. Two resulted in relationships.
If so, what was her opening line? Can’t remember, probably hello.
What did you think about her? I thought she was gutsy and hot, tired of being alone, and taking the initiative.
What did you think was her motive? I thought she was interested in male company, possibly mine.
Would you go? I’d tell her I wasn’t single, that I thought she was gutsy and hot, and offer support – POF testimonials, introductions to events, friends, etc. And I’d decline the invitation if she wanted to ask someone else, or go if she was wanted to talk further.
What could she say that you would not think she was very strange? I already think she’s unusually sane. But “do you know of a place nearby where a gal could invite a complete stranger for a coffee?” would pique my interest.
What’s an acceptable "opening line"? “Hello. (pause) I noticed you from over there. (pause) I thought might enjoy your company. (pause)” … and by this time, we’re probably talking.
Serious, none of this "nice shoes, wanna have sex." I would assume you were available, not necessarily in a hurry.
 Timo_86
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/17/2007 5:44:44 AM
If your at a supermarket, your next to a guy, you look in his trolley, hey he has ingredients....you ask the magic question, the supermarket pickup line #1 !!!!

"So what are you cooking tonight?"

It's not full on, it could just be that your being nice or polite or you like talking to people. This starts a conversation. (Pick up lines are stupid and don't work. All you really want to do with your first line is start a conversation). From this you can find out if he is a wierdo or not. If his answer is "I'm going to be cooking my next door neighbours dog" then I advise to smile politely and then run. Unless you also like eating dog...each to their own.

Anyway from a conversation IF and only IF it is going well and he seems interested (you can tell if he is interested in you by whether or not he asks you something in return) If he says "I'm cooking Stirfry...what are you cooking?" Then chances are he likes you. Or is at least interested in you which leads to the whole liking you thingo.

Now if he has balls he will ask you for your number but if you can't be bothered to wait or if he is just clueless like most men and you think that you are in anyway, just say. "Would you like to grab a cup of coffee sometime?" If he says "Sure" then ask him when and if you can grab his number.

Grabing coffee isn't scary or intimadating. Not like asking them out to dinner at a resteraunt where you have to spend at least an hour with the person. A coffee can be 5 mins if you don't like the person you don't have to wait for the main course to be finished before you can leave. Order a short black, you only have to be there for 2 mins then. lol Plus everyone wants coffee so it might work just because he could really use a coffee.

That's just one example but the principle applies to most situations. Start a conversation, if they are interested, ask to non-threatening thing, then number and time. If the person is too busy to start a conversation with, go to a place where people are less bussy.

Hope that helps, it could work

Ave Caesar
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 7:42:44 AM
"Do you know where the restroom is?"
 ^**^realbadrabbit^**^
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/17/2007 9:20:25 AM
This ain't uncharted territory at all. Like Bikerscum said... welcome to our world. Mans eternal quest - to become proficient at the hunt.

I've had many women approach me and I never give my number first, just like most women don't. I like the "give them your card" idea. Leave it in their hands, if they are interested they'll call. It says you are assertive without being desperate or aggresive.

And approaching a man solo or with his buddy... I think that you need to rethink that one. What man doesn't like to be hit on in front of his buddies? Whether he is interested or not, it is stroking his ego, always makes a guy feel good. Guys are rarely approached, trust me, they won't be rude!
 jpgg
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:40:57 PM
Depends on where you live and who you are talking to.
But usually, most girls/woman, just need to pretend they need something, so unless the guy is pressed for time, or married, she'll have herself an introduction.
Like during lunch time perhaps.....telling the guy,
"Excuse me are you busy? You seem like an interesting person so I thaught I would ask if you wanted to have lunch with me?

Mind you since most women cannot be straightforward of the bat, at least not until they accumulate tons of selfconfidence or reach 60 yrs of age and figure they couldn't care less about others opinions, here are some other ways.

Some slightly more direct/humorous approches might be....

If in a rural area you could ask whoever your interested in if they know a good taxidermist...'cause you've got a beaver that needs stuffing.
But that is a bit on the crude side (depending where you live of course) from 30minutes or further north of here it would work really well.

While talking to techies you could go with something like "I'm looking for a reliable service provider at home" and there's also some upgrading I would like done, are you available....for coffee, do discuss....systems & compatibility, along with hardware.

Mechanics are easier, just drive your car in & them tell your lookin for a reliable longterm customer oriented mechanic, for lubejobs & regular body inspections/work.

If your at your local grocerie in the fruits and vegies section the possibilities are endless.

Good luck fishing.

Jemue
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/17/2007 12:47:08 PM

Women use pick up lines? And most women are against men who use it.

Quite ........ welcome to the ongoing double standard.

Seriously? If any woman walked up to me and used any pickup line on me I'd be thrilled!

As would any guy, though why would any woman give up the upper hand or the desire to get chased so they can do all the rejecting (i.e. not have to deal with it themselves), wanting a level playing field, though only when it benefits it would seem.
 Close_2_U
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/17/2007 3:39:03 PM
Never happened... probably never will.... at least not unless I join the cast of Lost or Survivor.

Honestly though.... if you really wanted to "break the ice", virtually anything you say will get attention. It is VERY rare this sort of thing happens... so you can achieve your goal (... talking to someone new..) with the most simple of approaches.

Speaking for myself, what would get my attention.....

1) "Hi, could I take you out for a prime rib dinner?"

and

2) "Hi, would you mind if i put gas in your tank?"

what fella could possibly turn either one of those down.

Men have a different problem.... almost anything we say gets the reaction, "SHREEK!!!!!!... ALL YOU WANT IS TO SEE ME TAKE MY CLOTHES OFF"... (sigh)

If you are looking for a more cultured approach, tie a very simple comment in with the surroundings... for example... if in the grocery store and the guy is going over the potatos.. ask him which make the best mashed potatos. This actually did happen to me in Walmart in Council Bluffs. I proceeded to go into a speech about how to get the best flavor, you have to mix yukons with reds and then use elephant garlic, cream cheese, real butter, half and half and sour cream when you whip them........ did I get a date? Nope... she obviously wanted to talk and I was too intense on thinking about mashed potatos..... (see approach #1)

Whispermyname4
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/17/2007 10:33:17 PM
Hi There Ms. talented beautiful lady,
I love your other thread and this one too. I hope you are not getting tired of me.
I am one of those women who asked man or female, but mostly men. I like asking man,because I know they will give me a good answer and also give me more attention immediately than women. I do this thing almost everyday. Sometimes I ask directions,
ask for somebody to change my bills when a slot machine won't take it, ask for help to reach a grocery that is too high for me to get it. I even ask cops. The funny thing that happend to me was when I was in I-77 & I-76 . There was a guy fueling his car then I waited after he finished. Then, I called him " Sir can you please come here?" He came and while I was asking him for directions he was staring on my legs. The other one was a cop, and he keeps flsshing his flash lights on my legs. I told my friend that next time I ask anyman I'll just wear my underwear. Atleast I can pay their generosity for helping me. Sometimes I scare people when I ask directions. I had talk to starnger many times
I get friend easily no matter where I go( just women). To all of those guys who are willing to help any women by giving directions, changing their dollar bill into quarter for metered parking, just helping for many reasons THANK YOU!!!!!!!
 man hattan
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:44:16 AM
Bethlet, it doesn't really matter what you say. The main thing is to look them straight in the eye, smile and say something. It's good to ask them a question with no yes or no answer. Ask their opinion about something. You can also get your point across by mirroring their posture. Look for open body language on their part, which shows interest. If they have closed body language eg. arms and legs crossed, you're probably better off giving them a pass.
 formanden
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/18/2007 10:36:50 AM
It has happened a couple of times... Come to think of it, the opener was always a compliment about my clothes. Like my silk handkerchief in my suit pocket or something like that. Flattery will get you anywhere, they say.
 867love
Msg: 143
Posted: 12/18/2007 10:54:27 AM
"i have beer and a roll of duct tape in my trunk"
 pseudonymJay
Msg: 144
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:00:15 PM
{quote]God, what I'd give for a man who could make fudge! [/quote}

Well don't pick me, my fudge would just drive you insane! On a true note, women need to say what they feel if they find a guy attractive! Just be sraightforward as us guys are! You may receive vulgar replies and ignore all that, but you may be surprised to receive an honest reply, then you would probably not know what to do! Welcome to the guys world of trying to meet strangers! (ladies on my part!)

upforadventure
Msg: 145
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:03:52 PM
Both times it happened recently she tapped me on the shoulder and said hi. Yes, it's that easy. Her motive is obvious, because when a woman approaches a guy she unavoidably communicates "Hi. You can have sex with me." I prefer to approach women, so I was courteous and made boring conversation until they left. Of course, I've never been approached by a woman I was actually attracted to.
 cedar77
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:23:24 PM
*point to your vagina and say:* "Well!? It's not going to lick itself!"

Ahh ...
The direct approach ...no beating around the bush (very bad pun intended )

Although , probably not the type a guy would bring home to meet mom.

futuredate
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 3:47:31 PM
You can always ask him if he's got time for you and only you.
 MagneticNorth
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:45:45 PM
Anyway....the next time that happens, I'm going to walk right up to them and say "Hi. You are in trouble now. You made eye contact. Are you single? Because if you are, I'd love to take you to coffee. Or you can take me to coffee, whichever is more comfortable for you. Would you be interested in that? (at this point he's in too much shock to respond, so I press forward)....Can I have your number? Here's mine....*hands him my pink cell phone with the roses on it - now he knows for sure I'm a female*.....punch your number in for me would you?"

ok OP this is from msg 34 written by you, & let me say this would leave me breathlessly wanting you. i really appreciate a lady who has the balls to say what she means, & what she wants. it instantly clarifies the communication, instead of trying to rely on innuendo, intrigue, guile, etc. big university study just came out showing that guys really cannot understand what women really want, or are actually trying to say. well -- DUH, that's because most women virtually never actually SAY what they really want. maybe because of direct conflict between what they really want, & what they've been led to believe a feminine middle-class american woman is NOT allowed to really want.

off by 11° -- MagneticNorth2
 You-Got-Male
Msg: 149
Posted: 4/12/2008 8:56:22 PM
This line would work with most guys:

"Hi. I'm breathing."
 slut_puppy
Msg: 150
Posted: 4/13/2008 5:44:20 AM

As far as cheesy/unknown line, the recent one off the top of my head is "You look like a Baldwin brother in that leather." I have no idea if that's a compliment or not. Was it a come on? Was it an insult? Was it just random commentary? I have no idea.

The Baldwin brothers are hot. And yes you do resemble them so I think I would've taken it as a compliment and a come-on. Haha, actually I think I'll use that some time myself! I'm not annoying.. but you have to admit that was a pretty good opener
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Workable pickup lines to use on a guy