Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why am I single??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 womanofsubstance
Msg: 125
Re: Why am I single??Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
bad breath perhaps,or desperate written on your face,its a scarey thing when a guy is so desperate hell settle for users. you could do with proffesional counciling.
 singledad13b
Msg: 126
Re: Why am I single??
Posted: 8/4/2005 6:40:46 PM
well I think your wonderful princess oo7
 nachasdulce
Msg: 127
Why am I single??
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:14:27 PM
wow you are a darling
girls not wanting to date someone like you has nothing to do with you - i mean you are a really good looking guy and you look sincere - most girls your age aren't looking to be serious - they're out there having fun and being young - you should stop bumming and go join them
quit trying so hard and go out and enjoy having fun with you're friends be they guys or girls
when the right person shows up you'll know
things will fall into place eventually - good luck
 Blastkist
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:28:05 PM
What's with this "women do this and women do that" malarchy?

Geez, if I did that, I'd have the spew of all saying that I'm OVERGENERALIZING and making BLANKET STATEMENTS.

Come on guys, fair is fair...don't think you know what everyone is thinking. That's just not true. People may want things in common, but it is subjective.
 crystalise
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Why am I single??
Posted: 8/4/2005 8:11:16 PM
Missie is right inthat all sorts of women want something different to other women, No one is the same. Just because you have been successful in dating someone yet, doesnt mean all women are not going to find you attractive. I say this all the time, but its quite true, its a numbers game sometimes, you have to get out there and meet lots of people to increase your chances of finding someone compatable, just like we all do

I like nice guys, no I want a pushover, but I dont want an agressive control freak either. Just someone real, secure in himelf, considerate to others and so on. The woman behind me in the bank queue may want a tough guy, chaps-wearing cowboy.

You cant be all things to ALL people.

Just be yourself and you will find some one who will appreciate you and will attract someone similar to what you put out. Eg if you change to be a not-so-nice guy [aka bad boy] cause you think it will get you more women, chances are you will end up attracting a not-so nice lady

More than anything, spend time with your friends and have fun and concentrate on you. The rest will fall into place naturally in time

:D
 MrUnique
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:24:51 PM
Personally, I'd chosen to be single for the past 18 months after breaking off my engagement to what turned out to be a completey emotionally unstable, bunny boiling, psycho...(I'm British, she's American). In the meantime, my observation has been this (certainly over the cold, wet, grey side pond anyway): I find that most young women today expect FAR too much for the most part (well, I'm including American girls here like my ex - I've spent a LOT of time in the States)! For me they seem to expect absolute, total perfection in every single way, on every level...I'm afraid that a lot of them seem to suffer from the delution of what I call the 'fairytale wonderland dream'...I.e. they're hoping to meet and be swept off their feet by mr gorgeous, iconic super-hunk who happens to be a billionaire (no good being a millionaire today, you won't have enough funds to fuel endless shopping sprees for designer clothes, shoes, hand-bags/pursies, massive phone bills, partying...oh am I being typically British and sarcastic there he he?!) ;O)) and no doubt looks like he's just stepped off a billboard ad for Hugo Boss...I feel like saying to some of them: It sn't REAL you dummies! Stop falling for all the mediacratic conditioning and get real which is aimed at making you feel totally inadequate (so they can sell you more stuff you don't need)! They really seem to think they're going to find Brad Britt on something like a dating web site half of them, they really do!)

Jed Ingham.
 ATPase
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/11/2005 5:28:20 PM
YOu're single becuase you start threads about "why am I single?"
 MrUnique
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/11/2005 6:00:34 PM
...Erm...I didn't START the thread you dip-shit...? Durr...? And if you cared to read what I've written, you'll observe that I've only JUST CHOSEN to start dating again (had CHOSEN to be single up until recent...How long, pre tel, have YOU been on here then sir...? Good luck with the grad studies to btw - completed mine in '96.
 kbrebel264
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/11/2005 9:18:50 PM
Here's a true story.

I went to a party with some friends. One kid there, nice kid didn't drink or anything. He was pretty much by himself for the whole night. I myself got wicked drunk, did some very stupid and wreckless things, got into a few fights that night too. lol. The kid that didn't do much didn't exactly have much fun. I woke up, extremely hung-over with 2 girls sleeping alongside me and he was by himself. These girls were HOT (or atleast looked that way that night.) but weren't the kind I'd like to date. I ain't a bad guy all and all, but I do have a very big wreckless streek.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why am I single??