Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Woman who never calls      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SC67
Msg: 126
Woman who never callsPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What's with all this "the women should be e-mailing me" & "the woman should pay for her share" & "the woman should ask me out on dates" & "the woman should be calling me"???? Then you're annoyed 'cause a busy woman says she doesn't have time to shoot the breeze with you on the phone during a work day?? You're gonna dump her like garbage? Nice!

Yeah...it's all about us. It sounds like it's all about us having yet another thing added to our list of chores to do before the day is done.

I am a single mother, working 2 stressful jobs, getting hardly any child support. A short call from a nice man is greatly appreciated at the end of the day. If you wait for me to call you might find yourself at the end of a long list of people asking for my time. I've had to kick @ss all day at work. Can't I be the girl at home????
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Woman who never calls
Posted: 8/24/2011 10:44:05 AM

This has nothing to do with 1950 mentality.

that's possible.

My long term friends and I don't call each other just to talk. We call only when we are running late etc.
Why would be treat men any different?

* because romantic relationships are not usually built and maintained the same way friendships are.
* contact is part of the bonding process in the establishment phase of a relationship. by definition, long term friends are already past the establishment phase, so those relationships have little relevance to this issue.

also, the larger context here is reciprocity: there was a perceived imbalance backed by a reason he found unreasonable. if two people are dating, hardly ever call each other and are happy with the arrangement, there's no reciprocity issue.
 wildandfreee
Msg: 128
Woman who never calls
Posted: 8/24/2011 7:41:39 PM
hey guys i like your posts , havent read all the posts yet only from 2011

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Woman who never calls