Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > At our age, what is acceptable for contacting the guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 the SoldierByte
Msg: 126
At our age, what is acceptable for contacting the guys?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
StacisMom
If you snooze........ ........
You loose........
Contact him..!!!
You have NOTHING to loose..
and EVERYTHING to gain..!!
You contact.. he declines..
you're SAME place as you were..
You contact.. communications expound..
You WIN..!!!!
I'm not much of a "social" person...
but one cannot win..
------>>> if they do not play...!!
---SoldierByte---
 santa3129
Msg: 127
At our age, what is acceptable for contacting the guys?
Posted: 7/23/2009 2:15:20 PM
Some guys like to make the first move while others could care less. At my age I could care less. There are no rules just people that still think there are!
 maltshop
Msg: 128
Posted: 7/24/2009 10:12:54 AM
I like being contacted first. I'm not submissive but it shows some initiative. I'm not looking for anyone traditional so first contact is a good indication.
 caddboy
Msg: 129
Posted: 7/24/2009 2:07:49 PM

He can see that I visited his profile, I like to think that he would contact me, but that hasn't been the case so far. Am I too forward to contact him and set a time to get together for coffee?

Just because he can see that you visted his profile doesn't mean that you liked what you saw. Maybe you just visited his profile because he had a dolphin in his main picture and there was nothing else that interested you. If there was other stuff, then by all means contact them. A real man would be flattered.
 jemjem57
Msg: 130
Posted: 7/24/2009 10:39:48 PM
Men start the foundation..and the woman lays the bricks....
 1SmilingWmn
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:18:26 PM
If I see someone who has looked at my profile and not sent a message, I wasn't what interested them. If someone interests me, I send a message or mark as a favorite to review later. Never wait to see if someone will send you a message; take action. If they are not interested when you do, that is okay too.
Most of us are finally at that age where we have a decent idea of our wants and our deal breakers. That is why we post profiles. If we are who interests someone, they can contact. If we find someone who interests us, we have a way to meet them. If what we read in their profile exposes a dealbreaker - whatever your dealbreaker is - smoking, kids, typos, whatever - then you can screen out those users without wasting a few more years of discovery. But take the first step as many will not look at who has viewed them. After all, you do not wnat to hear from every person you view either. That would be like saying, they looked right, so I ignore the rest. Viewing just means you are interested in what they have to say to see if there is more interest.

I think we have reached the age where, why play games? Either someone is what you want or they aren't. Playing games just means it takes longer to find out, but it does get discovered. So be up front about what you want and what you have to offer. Whether it works for someone or it doesn't. By you contacting them, you are sending the message that what they have said so far works for what you want too. Think of it as in the olden days where people used to go to bars to meet. Just because you looked, doesn't mean you want to see more. By not making contact, you could be sending the message you don't want more.
 Ken 6000
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 2:22:12 PM
Totally agree with that
 monsoon_rain
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2009 3:24:07 PM
OP, I am getting to your thread rather late and I haven't read all the replies but I just wanted to say that I see nothing wrong with contacting men. This is 2009, not the Victorian era.
And by the way, just a comment - don't it personally - but I have a huge aversion to snakes and if I saw a guy's picture with a snake wrapped around him, I wouldn't contact him even if he looked like George Clooney. I am sure most people don't feel this way but maybe you can consider putting up a different picture. JMHO
 goaliebns
Msg: 134
Posted: 7/27/2009 6:08:38 PM
As most people have said. Go ahead and contact him
 lortis714
Msg: 135
Posted: 7/28/2009 4:00:42 PM
Please do make contact! Yes most of us see that you have viewed our profile but if you don't contact us we assume you saw something you didn't like. As others have said, what have you got to lose?
 iamsaved
Msg: 136
Posted: 7/28/2009 9:52:17 PM
What I usually do is send an e-mail that says this for example:

Hey there, just dropping by to say hello and to say, that I think you're gorgeous. Have a great day!

If it's a guy I think is handsome but, I don't think we are matched, I say:

Even though we are not a match, I want to say I think you're gorgeous and I wish you good fortunes in your search.

Or I'll say something about their pets, motorcycle, vehicle, or whatever is in their pic.

Sometimes you just have to step out of the box. Just try not to appear desperate. Be light-hearted and friendly.

hearts to stars1953
Msg: 137
Posted: 7/30/2009 10:11:08 AM
As a female, I think it is okay for you to send a message to someone you are interested in. Due to our age and upbringing, we still have it in the back of our mind that it is up to the guy to make the first move. This is a new era and women are allowed to make the first move. When messaging, keep it light and maybe ask about something in their profile. If they read-delete, then you know they are not interested. If interested, they will write back.

Good luck.
 DenaliDadd
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2009 2:35:25 PM
Well put, Hearts to Stars. Well put.

taz3288
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/1/2009 2:36:33 PM
As a guy looking to find his next great love, yes, leave no stone unturned. I love getting unsolicited emails from a woman who may be interested in me. One never can get enough winks, smiles, emails, etc. Keep em coming.

taz
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > At our age, what is acceptable for contacting the guys?