Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Boyfriend writes to girls on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mio310
Msg: 76
Boyfriend writes to girls on POFPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Any port in a storm. He is with you because he cant find anyone else. The fact that he lets you know he is looking means that he wants to leave you. If I was living with a girl who I wanted to dump I would do stuff so she dumps me . That way , it lets her think she rejected me and so she wont go into a homocidal rage. Dont reject a girl you are living with. Its not fun to live on the street.

For the record, if you are an ugly girl living with a handsome guy. How long do you really think it will last? Women are so obnoxious with there sense of entitlement.
 srvblues
Msg: 77
Boyfriend writes to girls on POF
Posted: 1/19/2008 8:47:44 PM
I had an ex that kept e-mailing guys she had met online. She claimed she was helping them out with meeting girls.

I think one guy was a 42 year old virgin from London.

Yes it did bother me that she was talking with guys.
 []mephistopheles[]
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/19/2008 10:37:33 PM
the only thing pathetic is the fact you're trying to control him, and who he talks too, and the fact you don't trust him. You're being highly insecure.....if the man says he just likes to talk to them, then perhaps he really does. Perhaps it's just friendship, and those are just his friends. Stop being an over controlling wench and grow up, and stop your whining!

P.S: your profile says you're looking for a man to talk/e-mail with. so Hello Pot, this is Kettle!
 albino_dino
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/19/2008 10:55:24 PM
What he does, is his choice....

and what is your choice ?

There are no rules saying you have to like his choices.
There are no rules saying you get to make his choices.

If you don't like his choices, but you like yours, then I see no problem here.

Minau
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:21:24 PM
Hmm...he shouldn't be on POF unless it's just for the forums in which case he should clearly state that and also state that he was in a relationship and not looking. Anything less...I'd say he's checking out other prospects in which case is an indicator that the relationship is coming to a close and it's time to go separate ways. There's no sense getting mad over it, that's how he feels and you can't change that. You can only control your own behavior and you can't control his thoughts or feelings...so I'd say just move on.
 lilangel33
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/20/2008 4:40:01 PM
I think if you have been together that long it is a no, no for him to be writing to them,
If you had just met than I see no harm in him writing to them as friends. if you two were serious then he should be honest and tell them he is in a relationship.
My self I don't think it's right for either of you to be on here unless its just for the forums or good friends and that should be stated in your profile.
just my 2 cents worth...When I fall in love I'm out of here and hope he is to.(WHEN)
 goodbyearry
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/20/2008 5:45:21 PM
Still checking this out dude, Well get this I been seing this girl for over a month and If i say anything to some of these women here they see her testomonial on my pof, then e-mail her So I'm done with alot of these back stabin caddy birds on the wire. Hust wanting to stick it to her and me. They either think they are doin her a favor cause they think they know something I don't or they wanna be back stabers to her and me, rub it in so to speak. So they can go to hell I will not say kind things to them any more unless they are on forums or very far away. The midwest sucks.
 ArtistDave
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 6:14:01 PM
"He seems to think thats its okay to email other women on this site. He says its harmless. That he just likes to talk to them. That may be so, but i think its wrong. He's decieving these woman. These women will for the most part think he is interested. I told him i think its BS and that he needs to stop. To me its almost like cheating. Whats pathetic is that we've been together for an year and half. So does anyone have an opinion in this!!! "

You're complaining that your Boyfriend simply writes other women on POF. But Wait.... Well you are on POF TOO? So I have to ask why? Your profile says: "Looking For A Great Guy".......! You must be in contact with other men......! So what is your complaint? Double standard?
 lilangel33
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:29:03 PM
Larryscorpio.. I wouldn't worry too much what they say.
Some people thrive on making others miserable and thats because they are not happy with them selves,
To me it takes too much energy so I try and be the better person and walk away.

Good luck,
 Aroara1982
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:38:06 PM
OP obviously you have probably written about this to Dear Abby. This is the stupid inane stuff that is run in her column which I read to reassure myself that I've not lost grips with reality. Do you really need to know what a bunch of strangers think to make up your mind?

But in all fairness I'll stop being mean and point out that YES you've changed your profile to say talk/email and to show that you are taken, but in the main part you describe who you are an the kind of MAN you are LOOKING for. Not to mention you haven't changed your header that states you are looking for a man. So POT stop calling the kettle black. Or change your profile and then whine
 DemonLeather
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:44:41 PM
weaselontoast said: "Yes. Tell him to stop emailing me. "

YEAH! ME too!! I think he's Bi or something,.. creeps me out!
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:49:24 PM
Your boyfriend obviously isn't that into you,and he sounds like a creep to boot.

How interesting that you pull out the man bashing tool without even asking her why SHE is still on here if she finds it so reprehensible that HE is still here....

Ah, the beauty of the sisterhood.....

And unless he is on POF with you watching, you don't knwo what he does on here. If you don't believe that he just chats harmlessly, then you don't trust him, so why are you continuing with him?

Bottom line, does HE know he's your boyfriend or is it casual and YOU see it as more than it is?
 tonycash
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:12:06 PM
yep email some guys and go on dates with them and try to get pregnant then tell him this is what can happen and he needs to stop.
 goodbyearry
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/20/2008 9:37:00 PM
Larryscorpio.. I wouldn't worry too much what they say.
Some people thrive on making others miserable and thats because they are not happy with them selves,
To me it takes too much energy so I try and be the better person and walk away.

Good luck, Thanks Angel You have real class...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Boyfriend writes to girls on POF