Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Anyone ever try Singlesnet.com ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strangerstill
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Anyone ever try Singlesnet.com ?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I recently signed up and have considered giving the pay service a try for a month. I get flirts from lots of women I recognize from this site (POF) but can't direct them here because I'm a freebie member there.

I did get my fist scammer emails from there tonight. The same woman several times telling me that she likes my structure.
 regalrose
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Anyone ever try Singlesnet.com ?
Posted: 1/5/2008 8:21:31 PM
It's ok....but I like POF better, but then I'm not trying to pick up chicks!
Hey, you can try webdate.com....they're still a free site I think. Happy Hunting.
 midnight chatter
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/7/2008 10:33:39 PM
Its the same local people on all the sites. At least it is in my area.
 blondegirl24
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:14:49 PM
I was on it for a little while. Alot of POF people are on there...so why pay?
 forforumfun
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:28:34 PM
I tried a couple of years ago and all the guys seemed totally ghetto and looked like convicts (like, didn't smile in pics, looked like mug shots posted). They were also the worst offenders in terms of only writing "hi" in a first email and that's it. Big waste of time, in my opinion.
 karen1717
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:39:56 PM
On Singlesnet, if someone just looks at your profile, you get an email saying they are interested when, in reality, they really aren't, they were just looking and didn't send you anything. Maybe that's why when you respond, they don't answer.
 Ms.Extreme
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/19/2008 6:59:20 PM
I have a profile there as a free member -- hell to the no if I am going to pay them in order to *read or respond* the misleading *interests* generated by the system.

Granted, I think I like POF better despite the lack of potentials for me in this wonderful state-- heck compared to other dating sites -- POF has a forum board for me to kill time with!!!! LOL

In the end:: no I would not pay to upgrade to talk to a free member..... waste of my collective $25.00 provided he turned out to be a dud instead of a stud...... lol
 good kitty
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/20/2008 9:05:44 AM
In past few years I've been trying to date online and have pretty much been on whatever site there is.
I like possibility to see the personality before talking to a person, which usually shows a bit through their profile.

I tried match.com - not even one date for entire year. Soooo not worth it.

I tried singlesnet.com - oh, hell no, what a crapshute.

I tried yahoo dating - met few guys, am friends with one, nothing dateworthy

I tried chemistry.com - three matches in my area, not even one date. I live in city of 8 million people and got three matches.

I tried true.com - very thorough matching system based on sexual type, interests, personality.
Met a very compatible dates, one for a longer while.

I tried singleparentsmeet - if you're into quick flings, you're in! Not my thing, so.. nope.

POF - went out with few guys, am talking to a few as friends, even made friends with amazing ladies here from forums.
 Eye Of The Tigger
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/20/2008 11:29:20 AM
My experience with Singlesnet.com has been that it seems to mostly have older men. Not many who I found attractive. The ones that are knew it and wanted Barbie of course.

Many were disgusting and perverted as demonstrated in their usernames and messages.
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:20:24 PM
I have tried it before, but found Singlesnet a really piss poor site. Horribly put together. And matches that...well don't match. Besides, the advertisement I saw for that site was misleading. It claimed to be 100% free. I don't know what their definition of 100% free is, but when you have to pay for any function on a site, that is not 100% free. I've also seen that advertised on the net for other sites, but POF is only one of a few that 100% free actually means all functions are free to use.
 swtsxyme
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:33:27 PM
To me I don't like that site it's a waste of my time ,And I will never pay for that site and most guys on their don't pay so they send you a flirt like I like your photo or hey you and I would like to talk to you because they are not a paying memeber I left that site quick.
 girlwillbegirl
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/20/2008 5:52:13 PM
Yes, I had a few dates with someone I met on singlesnet.com. He was actually 10 years older than what he stated in his profile. That, among other things, turned me off. If you lie about your age, what else are you going to lie about.
 bustyluv
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/20/2008 8:56:10 PM
I haven't been there, but am sure as hell gonna check it out. I'm so sick of the dating game :(
 jester1
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/21/2008 3:29:39 AM
As a "free" female the system sends you men 15+ yrs older and 5 yrs younger.I got nothing but a bunch of overweight grampas looking for an RV partner. There are the before mentioned CRUDE usernames; I'll never figure that one out. There are ADULT sites for that; guess they're trying their luck at a somewhat "free" site. Most of the pictures do look like mug shots. I did meet one man from there. His picture was 15 yrs old and he was 70 lbs heavier (and bad breath!)..uggg.......also claimed he was a doctor....my shortest date in history....so see ya Singlesnet!
 Sweetbabeblues
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/21/2008 7:02:06 AM
I have a profile on Singlesnet now. And have had off and on over the past year or so.
Why? I haven't a clue actulay, as it is about the lamest site I have ever seen. No chats, nothing realy to initiate conversation with anyone else. But I have met a few of the guys on there. And one turned out to be my worst nightmare, and has stalked/harrassed me for about two years now, on and off line!
Also a friend directed me to Pissed consumers.com which tells all kinds of things bad about thier site, and some of the people on it. Plus a friend said he found an advertisement that is now claiming that Singlesnet is advertising as a site for people with Aids! Not sure how true that one is, but then who knows?
Also they send out generated winks from people who have not sent them the minute you sign up.
Alot of fake stuff on there, including many of the people on it!

This will direct you to the site, and if you scroll down, you can go under Singlesnet, and see all the complaints people have posted about thier site...

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/
 celts123
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/21/2008 8:02:20 AM
I know a man who was on it for about a month. According to him, many of the profiles were fake. He got of a lot of emails before he became a paying member. But after he became a paying member, he got a lot less emails. Basically they would send you emails from fake profiles in order for a person to join that site.
 lalala1284
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/21/2008 8:12:08 AM

I know someone who was on it. It seemed like many of the profiles were fake.

That's because they are. I've experienced this, and a lot of those traditional dating sites are shams, full of scammers. This is why I really like POF. It's 100% free, and you can do just as well as you could on a traditional dating site. At least you don't have to be paying $29.00 per month, just to get a date.
 Sweetbabeblues
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:25:04 PM
Ok...after the trouble I had today with Singlesnet.com, I definatly won't be back on thier site.......
Here is what happened:

Singlesnet.com advertises as a free site, cost nothing they say. That is until you try to get onto the site, and have to give them a credit card number in order to be able to contact anyone. Oh, you can send a wink, and then they number those too. Cant send two at a time, you have to wait till the other person answers with a wink or note before you can send another.....
I have seen alot of complaints from people about them. And here is mine...
I have been on thier site for months, with no luck, and today I find that once again they had taken my profile information down. So after trying three times, and 7 messages later from them, I call the company.. I am then told by some peon with thier company, that I am "NOT ALLOWED" to talk to anyone because even though I have a profile with thier sitre, I am "NOT A PAYED MEMBER"!!!!!!
I cut and pasted my profile info from this site, and they had no problem all these months with it until today. It got erased, and they told me they "NEVER" had been able to have cut and paste on thier site, even though I had done it long ago!
The female on the phone got radical and even hung up the phone when I again asked to speak to someone in charge.....
This is a message I sent to them today,after they first emailed me trying to say "I" deleted my account, then this ... Here is my letter to them:
I have now placed several profile information updates, trying to use the same one that has been on my profile for months. What I did do was add a paragraph to what I had already cut and pasted, even though your employee said it ws impossible to do. It has been ok all this time, and now after months on end, you keep deleting me, as of today. There was nothing to say an email adress, or phone number. So I called you... I get some smart mouth young female who told me I could not have placed a profile description on your site using cut and paste. But funny I did that months ago, and it has been up this whole time. I have even added to it, and modified it along the way, and no problem... Now when I call, and ask for a superviser, I am told I can not speak to one unless I become a paying member...
Have you ever heard of PISSEDCONSUMER.COM? Do you know how many people including me, have made comments on that site about the poor service and the goings on with your site? I WAS a paying member and decided long ago to no longer waist my money on a site that sends fake winks and interests, as it is a joke!!!!
Many people hate your site, and I can see why........ Your a joke...a pathetic joke who sends animated emails to my home address some times as many as thirty a day!!!
I'd like a real conversation with a real person and not someone who comes across as a smart *** know it all, when she never even looked at my profile, and doesn't know the ends and outs of what I am even talking about.....
So take your d*** site and shove it!!! I am done with your fake, pathetic, little site that doesn't know how to make it in the real world!!!!!
Needless to say the next message I recieved from them was I am kicked off the sight permanently....
Ok....so I had to laugh.........But not until after I realy sent them a good one back....
I think they got the message this time, and bet they will be checking Pissedconsumer.com to see what people are saying....... LMAO........
 rustyspet
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:38:38 PM
I was/ still am on singlesnet.com./ripoff. I paid for 1 month and i got marriage proposals from China.singapore,russia, iraq...........you get the picture. It is with out a doubt the WORST site out there. I thought yahoo was bad. I get "flirts" every day. But I tried to put a "hint" in my profile that went like this, I keep looking because there are Plenty Of Fish in the sea. Well the idiots they have working there are not as dumb as i had hoped!LOL Now ladies at 57 years old, am i a match for a 43 year old woman?
 Sweetbabeblues
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:42:27 PM
OMG...WHAT A WACKED OUT SITE!!!!!!!
This is what I just recieved yet again from them in an email, and what I sent them back.... Wonder if I can turn them in for harrassement? This is rediculous!
They now have sent like 9 emails in less than two hours....
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! I NEVER ASKED FOR YOU TO REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT NORE WOULD I, AFTER THE ''B S '' YOU PEOPLE DID... YOU CAN BOW DOWN AND KISS MY *** BEFORE I WOULD EVER PUT ANOTHER PROFILE ON YOUR SITE AGAIN...NOT ONLY NO...BUT HELL NO!!!!!!
NOW STOP CONTACTING ME AS I WAN'T NOTHING MORE TO DO WITH YOUR SITE!!!!
SINGLESNET.COM: Unfortunately your account has been deleted We cannot reactivate a deleted account. You can put another profile on

Singlesnet Support http://www.singlesnet.com
 tecnic
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:37:10 PM
all dating sites are the same there full of fake profiles and you would be a right fool in what you beleve in her profile i wouldnt i did try singlesnet crap site it just like the rest full of weardoes and scammers
 LaMediaNaranja
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:06:11 PM
Those sites (singlesnet, match, yahoo and webdate) are all the same AND you will see the same people on all those sites. lol

What I like about POF are the forums.
 beebeedi33
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:24:47 PM
Yes I am on it and it's not worth anything.
Two guys in my age group contacted me and they were big time losers.
Other than that it's men in their late 40's and 50's way out of my age range.
So far I had more fun with guys from POF than any other site.
 lookinatit
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/28/2008 3:44:05 PM
I've met some ladies through that site. Some of them were pretty nice and some of them weren't. Although its free I'm thinking about dumping it. For a site that claims "free flirts" I never could understand the "flirt limit". Also their "one to one matches" are fairly inaccurate. I think they just send out "teasers" to get people to upgrade their accounts.
 DINO144
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:24:13 AM
Yes, once, a long time ago. And it's a great site to get your credit card hacked (if you pay to join), and then once you do join basically read and get a lot of "messages" from fake profiles that are actually spam traps. Other than all that, I'd highly recommend it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Anyone ever try Singlesnet.com ?