Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bryantinfl
Msg: 251
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?Page 11 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Been here about six months. Have had communication (IM, e-mail, telephone calls) with about 20 men or so. Only about six resulted in a 'first meeting'. Nothing came of them.

Currently seeing someone and have had three WONDERFUL dates. So, who knows...
 killerdogsmooch
Msg: 252
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 6/29/2006 6:50:23 AM
Been here off and on for about 3 months I think. I have not been on any dates. It seems everyone my age are too busy, or they are out of town.

Maybe if I lie and say I am not shy, but all bubbly, a big talker, a real socializer bar guy out all the time on white ave, and I got it going on with a black leather jacket and cool dress shirt and cologne !, instead of jeans and a t-shirt who mowes is lawn and likes to go for walks and read books on a Saturday night. (hehehe) OR MAYBE I should take a picture with my shirt off ! (not)
 drh28443
Msg: 253
Posted: 6/29/2006 7:03:49 AM
I've been on here almost a year and had two dates. All the men you meet are A--holes and want one thing. Even though I'm their age they look like my father. What is it with men that haven't taken care of themselves. After 60 forget it. I need to find one around 55 as I look a lot younger than I am and do not act like an old lady. When they see I'm in my 60's I guess they think I'm old but look at them. Dating on this site stinks.
 Mr. Right For You
Msg: 254
Posted: 6/29/2006 12:11:57 PM
7 months, 11 days, 43 minutes, 8 seconds and 0 dates....

Excellent track record!
What's the rush? Right?
 valioso
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 12:27:29 PM
7 days 0 dates and 1 person that actually talks to me on im lol
 sugarland
Msg: 256
Posted: 6/29/2006 12:29:30 PM
Ive been on here since january i think.. been on lots and lots of dates.. some great some good some horrible.. lol.. but had fun and can say i do or have or will talk to anyone of them again. Iam dating someone now that i met on here. he's great.. its only been a month since i was his girlfriend but we been talking since febuaray. we had a rough spot where he was dating and proimising things to two girls(one including me) but he's seen the light and is commited to me(his choice not mine) its good i like him.. its a good place to meet new people and get feed back on whats goin on.. i like it.
 loveisclickaway
Msg: 257
Posted: 6/29/2006 12:33:40 PM
I've been here since 2/04/06. Been out with 15 or so men. If I like them, they usually don't like me lol!

So I'll just keep on fishin
 Kingston1982
Msg: 258
Posted: 6/29/2006 12:58:06 PM
Not too long. Dates? 0. Sex? A lot.
 JasmineKai
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 1:19:40 PM
Approx 8 months, some dates, some meets, some sex.
 powervideo
Msg: 260
Posted: 6/29/2006 1:26:12 PM
Doesn't sound like you've been all that thrilled by any of it, JK...
 vkd62025
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Well, it's different moving from Internet to real...
Posted: 6/29/2006 2:04:55 PM
If you meet a person in the park or at the laundromat, you strike up a conversation, and you really hit it off, then a logical first date is dinner.

However, meeting someone from online is different. You may have been chatting for awhile, maybe even talked on the phone....but then you meet, and OMIGOD, it doesn't take long to see this person is not anyone you would ever have talked to in the laundromat in the first place. If it's a coffee date, you have a pre-set excuse, and so do they.

If things go well over coffee, that's your meeting at the laundromat, now you can decide about dinner.

I'd rather eat my steak and potatos and my Caesar by myself, or call my girlfriend to meet me, than to suffer through a conversation with someone I just don't like at all in person.
 mildone35
Msg: 262
Posted: 6/29/2006 3:16:24 PM
I have been on and off of here for a couple of years. As of yet not dates; not from lack of trying to introduce myself
 Felinefriend1
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/29/2006 3:41:54 PM
Been here since December (I think) - had coffee twice with the same guy, but nothing ever came of it. Have formed some friendships, but really can't say I have been on any dates
 cartographer
Msg: 264
Posted: 6/29/2006 3:54:51 PM
I've been here 7 months, and off site I've found two dates. The last only lasted from February to May. I've found two people on here who can become good friends, but neither is really yet in the position to become a good date for me. I'm still trying to find the right line to get someone to stay or desire to come.

In a mistake of haste I thought I might have someone from last Sunday night singles BBQ who could become a date, but afterwards I'm thinking I saw more red flags in those people I ignored at the time I took down their phone numbers. I rejoined March 20th here after finding the date I had in February wasn't all that serious. Then she decided to go off her own way in May.

Well, they might get to be good friends too.
Still I wait the day a real date comes again that has few strings attached. Until then I enjoy what I do out on my own.
 Latina Babe
Msg: 265
Posted: 6/29/2006 6:07:56 PM
I have only been here for about four days.
 MarkusLuvit
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2006 7:58:45 PM
I have been on here for two months, met one girl. First date I ever went on in my life....for real. I was nervous didnt know what to say right and do right.....I dunno maybe I blew I dont know. But I did be myself, i dont have time for that riqo swavey type crap, Im not like that...I could be...but I dont want to be. But I have had one date! It was.....it was ok....but like my first time having sex.........it was ok.....everything for the first time for me is "OK" not what I what of hoped it could be.
 hagger
Msg: 267
Posted: 8/10/2006 11:18:33 AM
and you have not found the right guy yet. i been on for about two or three year . yet to date someone from here, but been talking to someone a while from here about hookupng up and meeting.
 kamla
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2006 6:20:12 AM
I have been on here for a long time and met a lot of men from here..........well I did talk to them for 15 minutes. That was more than they deserved for lieing and having a 20 year old photo on here. lol I learned my lesson on here years ago. The first meeting should be at a service station parking lot. That way you can tell them you have another appointment and your car is handy to speed away. Do men really think you will not notice that they look nothing like their photos? Do they really think you will not notice that they are not as tall as they say they are when you have to look down at them? LOL This has really been a trip. I say the laundromat would be a better place to meet someone. That way at least you know they can not afford a washer and dryer. LOL
 TheScribe42
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:37:20 AM
On here five months plus. Zero dates (that’s none, zilch, nada, “he swings and misses” . . .)

If kamla is right, maybe I should ditch the current pic and find one from the mid-80s . . .
 Huggablehottie
Msg: 270
Posted: 9/3/2006 8:46:17 AM
Kamla,
That is hilarious, but sad to say it is true. Why can't people just be themselves and
use their own pics, recent pics?
I have been here about one month or so and I met someone ,one time ,in person.
 SensualDessert
Msg: 271
Posted: 9/3/2006 9:20:13 AM
I have been here for about 4 months, and been on 2 dates...The first I found out only wanted sex....and That is not something I am after, so we are friends now...The second one I am still not sure about...The date went well...And I have been stood up once...But, still fishing I know my fishie is out there somewhere. Until then making friends with other fish is alright.
 mar1970
Msg: 272
Posted: 9/3/2006 10:16:51 AM
I've been on here for about 3 1/2 months. Had 4 'nice' dates, made a couple friends then on the 5th date met my man!

We've been together almost 2 of those 3 1/2 months but I do like the forums! (so does he).

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. No bad dates or horror stories. They were all really nice guys.
 Hackbart
Msg: 273
Posted: 9/3/2006 3:42:53 PM
Been here for close to a year I think... Went on 3 dates, one turned into a 6 month relationship..
 Hello Kitty aka HK
Msg: 274
Posted: 9/3/2006 3:59:39 PM
How long have I been on here?????? brb I will check once I post this

<<<<<<,there it is Joined: 6/22/2005 so 14 mths 13days 9hrs and 4 mins.

I've met "one on one" ( parties and GT's don't count ) with about 100 guys, I've gone on about 20-25 *dates* with 10 different men throughout the 14 mths 13days 9hrs and 9 mins.

Meeting the dude and having a *date* with him is different, so that's why I gave the breakdown.

I will meet most men I chat too after a considerable amount of time, I figure if I don't eventually meet them eye to eye than I will never know if "he" is who I desire. Crazy I know...........but I believe everyone should be treated equal.
 Belle1014
Msg: 275
Posted: 9/4/2006 2:28:51 PM
Well I must say I have been quite successful with dates, more than I thought I would have. I've been on here since May, so 4 months, and have been out with 10 guys. Very fortunate that all of them have been very nice, still talk to almost all of them and one even became one of my closest friends since moving to the city. Meeting new people all the time, but I don't have any expectations when I meet them so it's always relaxed and we have lots of fun. And no, I am not putting out nor do I ask for intimate encounters, I guess I'm just a nice person and people have fun around me. Good luck to all those who haven't had much success....

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?