Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shaggydogirl
Msg: 101
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?Page 5 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I had lots of letters from guys and only met three face to face...one was a total drunk,another had a LIST with him to check off if I was a possible "mate"...as in questions such as...if you were in a certain situation what would YOU do???...if I said the wrong reply I would be dumped...another wanted a "long-term" relationship but then after a few "dates" said he likes his "singleness " now...but still likes sex...what's a girl to do???(I think I'll just go back to the YMCA and work on myself....and stop looking for a nice fella...I can't find one anywhere!!!
 Jetplague
Msg: 102
HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:39:54 PM
(Checks his date book) Nope....still nothing.
 cazar
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/24/2005 11:59:15 PM
around 2-3 months ..not sure

havent met anyone
havent been on any dates..

not really too worried about it ..l enjoy the forums more than anything...
 adonsia
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/25/2005 10:23:49 AM
LOL SHAG ^^

we've must of met up w/ the same fella.. the "LONG-TERM" one...

funny how I fell in the same situation once exactly like that, I also met up w/ three ... absolutely outta my league...

I AGREE ...>>> What's a girl to do?... I think i'll Stop look'n here - also start elsewhere/or other sites...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/25/2005 10:37:58 AM
@frrosty
Um...no, you don't know if your online interest was based on fact or fiction until you actually meet face to face. I think a lot of people are completely dishonest in their profiles or at the very least misleading. I have personally been duped by old and fake pics as well as people who left little details out of their bio and email....like smoking, drugs, being married.....having lost their driver's license due to DUI ("cop was an **hole"), gaining 80lbs etc etc. The first meet is to just sort through the bs and see who you are actually talking to.

Besides, interest has to work both ways. A lot of guys are really put off by my muscle...(guess it is time for new pics) so why should I expect them to commit to anything more than 30mins or so? I can't imagine anything more awkward than having dinner with some guy who is making comments like..."gee, I bet you could bench press me" "you could likely whip my butt in an arm wrestle" etc etc..it is bad enough to sit through that crap over coffee.
 JohnKerryIsStupid
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/25/2005 11:22:34 AM
ive been here for a little while now. not much luck at all. i dont really try all that hard though, and the odds of a woman picking me out among the 500000000 guys is not exactly likely.

i have met a few interesting people on netrelate. its free and seems to be more comprehensive than this site. i like both though. my profile over there is at http://www.netrelate.com/JohnKerryIsStupid
pretty much the same as here. but looks better.
 WHEREISIT
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/28/2005 10:09:19 PM
maybe a month two dates,,,or meetings..they were kool ...
 jennthelpn
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/28/2005 10:20:33 PM
Too long (four months...but I LOVE the forums) and not enough (meaning ZERO)

dirtybird
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/28/2005 10:48:26 PM
I've been here over a year, thought I met a good one. We met, and fu$%$d, and now I might DIE!!!!! - it was unprotected, he didn't respect my wishes to wear a condom... did it anyway. His daughter's mother found me and informed me he has herpes. Of course he never mentioned that, or the fact he was still sleeping with her.
 punkdchick
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/28/2005 11:54:55 PM
Been here a few weeks, though according to my "joined date" it's only been 10 days. No dates so far... I've been talking to 90% overseas people...
 who_the_fox
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/29/2005 7:30:56 AM
been here since mid March..met 2 guys IRL back at the beginning.....nothing since and certainly no dates
 lovelylegs1975
Msg: 112
 tall swf
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/30/2005 9:29:06 AM
I have been on POF for about 6 weeks or so...had one date...he looked like my Dad lol sent him packin...too weird for me
 snorkeler
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:08:05 AM
there are only 3 other guys on here within 50 miles of me so no dates from here, however I did meet a couple guys from other date sites nothing clicked but this one guy....read on....
One was really fun We hit it off! met in real life I was careful to not say/do anything that would give him the impression I was "easy" I can have an "adult"sense of humor and am very sexual- so I have learned that gives the wrong signals....so we were gonna get together the next week end....(3 more dates he would have scored) then on the second pleasant email I.E. time date place etc. he sends me nude pics and a list of kinky stuff he likes!....so I send him a note back

"not sure why you sent this, to see if I am a prude? I am not. I will tell you if we do have sex we are very compatible, however, we will NOT be having sex THIS weekend, I really think your cool, and we got along well but also I am not looking for a serious relationship, see you this weekend we will see how thing go unless you change your mind, if you do, no hard feelings"

So he sends back an Email

"run! run as far away from me as possible for your own sake as well as mine!"

I took his advise!
 Bailey Rayne
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:25:28 AM
Ive been here so long I forgot how long Ive been here......

Have met one person from here.....and only as friends....He is dating a really wonderful woman from here.......and we got together because we both love to laugh...and cut up a lot...and wanted to see what we would be like rolling on the floor laughing at each other....

It was a wonderful experience...and Id def do it again.........
 Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:39:05 AM
^^^says here<<<<

The dates are really trickling off for me lately!!!

Summer's here....let's get out and have some fun!!!

JJ

Jeopardy_Junkie
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:40:24 AM
Part of my last post didn't post????? after says here should have said You joined yesterday...I thought my memory was bad!!!

Try this again!!!

JJ

Bailey Rayne
Msg: 118
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:51:06 AM
New profile.....Ive been here forever...............

The resident pervert............
 dae
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:53:36 AM
I have been on this site for a little over a year, I have gone on coffee dates, several dinner dates, a couple of lunch dates, and have a few meetings still coming up for next week, I love meeting people, talking and making new friends is great. I'm not in a hurry.
 sarahb
Msg: 120
Posted: 6/30/2005 10:53:58 AM
Since March I think - gone on 3 or 4 dates i think.....
 lawnjob
Msg: 121
Posted: 7/2/2005 1:17:09 PM
singlhere246. what are you waiting for, i have read some of your posts and its not like you have to marry someone after the first date, i have gone out with a few girls and nothing serious has come out of it so far but i have had alot of fun
 SexyJody76
Msg: 122
Posted: 7/10/2005 11:28:50 AM
I've been on and off again here since December 2004... I've met 9 men, so far, from here...

Leana
 OneRide
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/9/2005 12:12:49 AM
Been on here a few months. So far no meets and no dates and relatively few emails. But that's because of my profile. I'm WAY too wild for most of the mainstream women on this site!!! I should have lied and said I was just like all the other boring lames in the world. I think I'm in the wrong place. I always heard that men who do the best with women in real life do very poorly with women on the net. I found this to be totally true. Probably gonna delete my profile real soon. Not worth the time and effort.

~Randy~
 Blondeamazon
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/12/2005 9:03:24 PM
NINE DAYS AND no!!!
 Jetplague
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/12/2005 9:05:44 PM
Look at my joined date....and add a zero to that on the dates since then.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HOw long have you been here and how many dates have you been on?