Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does a guy mean when he says "you deserve better"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nascarnut22222
Msg: 101
what does a guy mean when he says you deserve better?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
its just a generic excuse
 BrownEyedLeo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
what does a guy mean when he says you deserve better?
Posted: 1/29/2008 8:24:42 PM
It means he is a very needy person and wants you to feel sorry for him and be pulled into his web by the old line .. I am not good enough for you. How many women RUN from a man that says that ??? Most women have just got to prove to the poor man how good he is . It is just another ploy some men use when they have run out of other lines, a very good means of manipulation. It is a good way of keeping a woman on a string while he continues to fish for a bigger and better fishie.
 LindaLou-58
Msg: 103
Posted: 1/29/2008 8:26:30 PM
I agree with some; either he's a lying scumbag, and knows he is, or he's trying to let you down easy.
 hapeenurse
Msg: 104
Posted: 1/29/2008 8:41:47 PM
mary 12465 nailed it!
AMEN!
 Freely Fancy
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/29/2008 11:14:50 PM
It means he's 100% correct. He oughta know, huh? Run!! lol

Penelope
 Ã„lska
Msg: 106
Posted: 1/30/2008 2:25:28 AM
He means he's not man enough to tell you he's probably got the next one lined up. A classic line from my ex
 Jayderaven
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2008 8:06:04 AM
Means:

"You deserve better (than me)."

When a guy tells you this, listen to him. He's usually right.
 Angelheart567
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/30/2008 10:58:48 AM
it means he doesnt have the guts to tell you he is not interested and is making you feel better by telling you . ..you deserve better...it absolves him of any guilt for dumping you...really and truly that is what it means
 nycdoctor
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/30/2008 12:40:22 PM
it is his way out. He wants someone else.
 fergy22225
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2008 12:44:22 PM
it means that he found some one close and wanted to get ride of you it sounds really bad yes and it is but aot of men are ass-holes sadly to say
 kanyonatic
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:33:00 PM
in a nut shell he doesn't want to commit and so if he says that he thinks he is being let off the hook and you'll look into his eyes and forgive him.....not i just go and find myself someone who actually is better and i did (thanks 'R')
 Unlike Dorothy
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/7/2008 9:47:38 PM
He means he is a player...he likes you...but knows he's bad news!!

metalgal1
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/8/2008 12:05:04 AM
Thats code word for "Im a weenie" and "I dont have the guts to tell you Im a weenie".

That statement is the kiss of death. Do not fall for it. I speak from experience on this one. When I hear a guy saying that Im gone

prof48
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:39:08 PM
HongChina provided the context that should make it clear. Too many here are responding with their own baggage. The man indicated a time frame in which he could afford, or find vacation time to travel to china. That time frame meant that the relationship would see no development for several years. Relationships that are static slowly die and no one deserves that. He was telling her that he could not move the relationship forward at a level that she (or anyone for that matter) deserved. We can only speculate whether he wanted out, but long distance relationships are hard work and require effort to maintain them. He didn't think it fair to her, and probably not to himself, to carry on a long distance relationship for so long. He knew he couldn't do it.
 1samrap
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:43:02 PM
He's' married and telling you you really do deserve better.

Pick up the shattered pieces and move on.
 Ninth Inning
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:49:15 PM
Oooo good thread title OP...I think every woman has heard this line, met too, not long ago:

"You are too nice to me and you deserve better than what I give."

Yes please males, let's have y0ur take...your HONEST take...but it doesn't count unless you've actally said words like that yourself...tell us what your true thoughts were behind words of that nature??
 CuteChick4u
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:50:44 PM
Well "one " of the reasons may be, "He's Just Not That into You"

bjr1031
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/27/2008 3:55:53 PM
he's not interesed, but likes you enough that he doesn't want to hurt your feelings
 BowWow1
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:15:44 PM
This one is just "too easy". I've used those words, and had them used on me. Other expressions usually used synonymously with this one are, "You re too good for me"; and "You are way too nice for me or to me"; "You outclass me"; "You're way too kind - I don't deserve you"; and, of course, ultimately the "You deserve better".

These words are never funny. They are not compliments to you and "how great thou art". They are nice ways of saying, "I really don't love you."; "I really don't want you."; "You are moving far too deep into my space - I need my freedom. This was never supposed to get this serious!";"You've got me bored to death, drove, I have to get out of this, and, most of all, thank you for giving me this opportunity to get rid of you nicely by telling you that you deserve better, I'm really not worthy of you, and more than anything I wish you well and happiness."

Is there a nicer way to end a relationship?!! Bottom line is, "It is over, dead and gone, or going, and can't be saved. Unresolved issues don't matter. Talking further to see if you can make things better, or work things out, is like trying to force feed oxygen to a corpse. It's still dead. The person stating this wants out. The connection is not there. No matter what you do, you cannot resurrect it, or return it to it's best point. You cannot get someone to love you, or do anything to make them love you who just doesn't. That connection is not there for them. Sad, but true. Move on.
 Spoken For
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:20:25 PM
I don't know what each individual guy means when he says that, but when he does? BELIEVE HIM. Even if he's telling you this with your best interests at heart (which it sounds like your guy is, he truly can't give you what is required to have a relationship at this time), he's right. You do deserve better.

However, this line is often used to get attention and to have his ego stroked while he's lying through his teeth to you...When he says this, he's probably telling you the only truth he ever has or ever will. Don't take as long to learn this as I did. When he says that, take his word for it, because it's probably true!
 smileee4u
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:33:45 PM
He's really not that into you.... he isn't looking for your type, because you deserve better.
 smileee4u
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:37:25 PM
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!
 danielmarkjarvis
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/27/2008 6:09:46 PM
he is lazy and doesnt want the trouble
 blue eyes2701
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2008 4:21:40 PM
gee's this was an insitefull conversation you are hitting the nail on the head and i didn't see thing's this way before .and now your saying did she just craw out from under a rock ,wake up.but you know i was with my husband since i was 15 i married at 17 and was as i thought in a loveing relationship for 26 yrs ,untill he got himself a girl friend.it seem all the rules of dateing have changed, people say one thing and mean another , i am truthfull and expect the same in return .it is hard to put oneself out there at the age of 49 trying to find a new love and i do want someone to grow old with to love me and share what ever life brings joy's and sorrow's.your statement say's it all in a nut shell thank's for the insite from a man's point of view.
 devuchka
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/29/2008 5:09:45 PM
he knows she would never stay with him if she knew what he was REALLY like...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does a guy mean when he says "you deserve better"?