Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does a guy mean when he says "you deserve better"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 126
view profile
History
what does a guy mean when he says you deserve better?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
It means he is not interested in anything more than friends.
 bathurstman08
Msg: 127
what does a guy mean when he says you deserve better?
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:06:19 PM
ya like someone else said it means that hes either not interested or he has find someone else.and its his way to let u go politely.
 bacalao
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:08:47 PM
that means he ashamed of himself for playing iwth your feelings
 tinydancer123
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:13:54 PM
Not everyone is willing to go across countries to be with someone. Emigration is a big deal, I've done it.It's a huge effort for a high risk relationship. I would take it to mean it's an impossible relationship and you deserve someone closer. Ask him? If that's what he means he's being considerate. Maybe he doesn't think you'd want to go through all the expense and hassle, upheaval, leaving family and a job and all that etc to meet someone from another county. And maybe he thinks you would not think enough of him in person to follow through anyway. Some people would but lots if not most would not.

It's possible something else is going on but use your gut and figure it out.
 TxSippiGal
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2008 9:17:56 PM
I think bullilover hit the nail on the head.. she said that he had some things in his life that weren't quite right.. things that he can't change or is unwilling to change and he feels like a dirt bag because you have been talking for so long.

So.. believe him.. my friend.. and go on your way..

Had a guy tell me that just last month.. he had some serious issues come up in his life.. indicating in my view he needs to make some major changes.. so I politely said.. and smiled "yes I am too good for you.. have a nice life.. and nice knowing you".
 Louder than Love
Msg: 131
Posted: 5/28/2008 12:08:50 AM
I agree with tinydancer123! I met a gal online 5 years ago, she lived about as far away from me as one could. I told her she deserved better.........because I wasn't willing to leave my, job, and kids. I find it ironic all the negative explanations that were given to this thread.

Downer-Debbie Waa Waa Waaaaaaaa
 Meowkatt1
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2008 12:16:42 AM
It's so you don't think he was just using you until someone better came along. It's an easy out for him.
 angelsomewhat
Msg: 133
Posted: 5/28/2008 7:55:35 AM
My opinion....it means he's trying to give you a hint and without hurting your fellings he's say IM NOT INTO YOU... MOVE ON!!!
 naturegal1953
Msg: 134
Posted: 5/28/2008 9:52:03 AM
I think it means you should forget him and get on with life.
 Sabrosura
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/28/2008 10:01:34 AM
He is either telling you in a "nice way" that he is not interested in more than what you have shared. - OR - He is not good for you and may break your heart.
 nashile24
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/28/2008 12:02:54 PM
well girls say it to guys too. iv said it to a guy and to be honest it was a better way of saying 'i dont want you and im not intrerested'. i sound like a **** but im bein truthful. xx
 MelissaMelissa
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/28/2008 3:54:58 PM
"you deserve better" decoded means:

I dont have the balls to say I'm not into you, so I'll play the "its not you, it's me" game and hope you dont protest too much so I can get out of here quickly"

Seriously, what are you going to say to that.... "no, I dont deserve better, I'm worthless" It's a way of disarming you and ending things quick.
 Artistee
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2008 5:36:12 PM
He either wants to drop her - OR -

He really IS a dirtbag that doesn't deserve her!

...Probably BOTH!
 cardsandchips
Msg: 139
Posted: 5/31/2008 1:05:41 PM
He means.......you deserve better.

Don't you know that guys never lie....he is being totally honest with you. He cares about your feelings and emotions and is willing to sacrifice his love for you in order for you to be happy with some other guy.

Maybe you should hook him up with your sister or best looking best friend.

Whatta guy!
 chelsea_hou
Msg: 140
Posted: 5/31/2008 4:44:09 PM
It means he found someone better and he's letting you down easy....
 sixofseven8
Msg: 141
Posted: 5/31/2008 5:13:24 PM
It means your "too nice and sweet"
 mthomjmark
Msg: 142
Posted: 5/31/2008 5:57:29 PM
it means that the guy doesnt' want to be together any more and so the girl wont feel bad he says that. He also may be looking for someone he's attracted to more or wants more sex. Not a hard one I dont think.

People keep saying how magical their relationships are and then say they are shocked the other leaves. Well its obviously not that magical if someone wants to go away.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2008 6:22:18 PM
Without seeing the emails, I would hazard a guess that he found sometihng that he dislikes about the situation. Not about you per-se, but the situation at large.

I read your profile and see that you are outside the US, and it could very well meanthat he is a lonly fellow that has really big dreams, finds you attractive, but for some reason (perhaps he is an invalid, perhaps he had no money, or some other equally important (to him) reason) he has made the decision to not go any further.

I would say that if you like him, then send him an email and offer to be pen pals. You may find that he will be very happy with this, but not with taking the relationship to the point of buying you a ticket or going there to visit you.
 jani1
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/31/2008 8:36:56 PM
It defo means he will not give you what you deserve. It possibly means he just met someone else.
 toomuch13
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/31/2008 8:37:48 PM
He is trying to get rid of you, but wants to seem nice. Drop him, because he has dropped you.
 smileee4u
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/31/2008 10:45:36 PM
Always remember this. If a guy tells you that you deserve better, then you had better believe him. This means that he is really not that into you, and there is something fundamentally missing ON HIS END about his psyche, and the ability to connect with you. RUN FOR THE HILLS!
 SonataArctica
Msg: 147
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:17:04 AM
ok I have said this a few times to my girlfriend but that's because she is sooo good to me and I just think she deserves a better guy then me.
I'm a nice guy and I love her but I think there's a better guy out there for her that would give her the life she truly deserves.
 yoodle
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:27:34 AM
Same thing as a guy who says "I don't want to disappoint you."

Both mean that the guy does not believe in himself. Which is sad. The DANGER is this: he perceives you (the person he says these words to) as "out of his class."

So, you can try to prove that you're in the same class...but be aware that if you do, he may find you "beneath" his values.

In other words, it is an admission of insecurity and instability--and my experience is that they have other "irons in the fire" ...I've been caught nurturing such individuals who lack faith in their own motives...so, if you want to take a chance, please be sure to obtain "buyoff" from the guy before you put energy into it--and REALLLY REALLY REALLY question your friends and acquaintenances as to whether you should put your heart into it.
 Sassy0620
Msg: 149
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:32:35 AM
It means he isnt really into you, period
 July Morning
Msg: 150
Posted: 6/1/2008 12:34:22 AM
Most people in this thread have told you he's trying to distance himself, he's trying to desert you.

In communist Hungary when I lived there they used to say, "you desert better", which was a compliment on the teqnique of the vis-a-vis admitting they have better skills at deserting the country.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what does a guy mean when he says "you deserve better"?