Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Read, but not deleted... Interested?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gnuru75
Msg: 51
Read, but not deleted... Interested?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
IMO the thread was pretty much answered by post #2.
I would ask/respond with this:
When you are out in public, or specifically a singles meeting place, you smile at a guy attempting to get his attention, he sees you but doesn't smile back, do you go ask your friends and then every other guy in the place what that meant? Or do you just look at another guy and smile?
If the guy smiles back do you wait until he comes over to say hello, or go up to him?
If you wait for him to come over, and he doesn't do you track him down and say "It was rude for you not to come over and talk to me! All you wanted was sex!" and then maybe stab him in the kidneys?
If you go up to him do you do it immediately, or do you sit, count specific minutes as that is what others told you to do, and then go up to him?

IMO you shouldn't ask for permission to behave how you want to. If they read and no reply for an amount of time you are uncomfortable with, message em again when they are online, but only if you are comfortable with that.
If sending them an email is a "bother" maybe you shouldn't have sent them a message in the first place.
 sunflower525
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Read, but not deleted... Interested?
Posted: 8/19/2008 10:44:16 PM
Here's the problem. I find that if I take the time to explain to someone why we're not a match (e.g "you live 400 miles away"), I frequently get back arguments which downplay my reason ("love conquers all"), along with some ploy to "give it a chance". And if I then explain that giving something a chance requires time and effort- which, in this case are difficult to muster, I get back an insult about "that's why you;re still single"
So I don't know if it's really worthwhile to respond at all if I'm not interested.
 Mikezt
Msg: 53
Read, but not deleted... Interested?
Posted: 8/21/2008 11:33:44 AM

It could mean anything from they are not interested to they are currently "working" on other contacts and are keeping you in mind until they see what happens. But as someone else said, you can't put too much meaning on anything you encounter on internet dating sites.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Read, but not deleted... Interested?