Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why don't men wink anymore to show their interest?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nicenurse64
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Why don't men wink anymore to show their interest?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Winking? Flirting in general? Everybody has become soo uptight about being politically correct & scared of being accused of unwanted sexual harrassement that we have forgotten how to show interest in the opposite sex!
 BibbityBopitty
Msg: 52
Why don't men wink anymore to show their interest?
Posted: 2/6/2008 7:53:30 AM
i love it when guys wink at me. i think its so cute. i often get that stupid bashful smile on my face and blush, but i still love it
 Anazdaddy
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:44:01 AM
I don't think winking is used as a flirting tool much anymore these days, and actually, women usually tell me that winking actually has the opposite effect..in other words it creeps them out. Maybe it is an age thing..I remember when I was a preteen my dad showing me how to wink..I don't think it worked for me ! Even if it was the thing to do to attract someone, I don't think I would do it..I look kinda funny when I wink, like I have Tourette's or something like that.
 kathyphelps
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:53:17 AM
Wolfie65
I am sure this will get a response, But ??? it appears you have been hit many times with the "sledgehammer" I find your answer very funny and sad at the same time..lol So my I ask, why are you on a dating sight if that is your idea of what women are? I honestly don't care if you wanna think or feel on your own, however if you need help with this I might give you permission...lol Love ya
Kathy
 wheels4451
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:58:45 AM
I have always been a terrible flirt but in a fun non-threatening way :) I tend to smile and wink at most women if we make eye contact. It makes me feel great if she smiles or winks back...so I hope it makes her feel good as well.

NitrousN20
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/6/2008 10:07:24 AM
Because it makes you look like a ch()de. I might on occasion thrown a wink in there to punctuate something classy like a lewd comment I just made sarcastically. But never in a flirtatious way.
 viking64
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 4:49:26 PM
lol...Well...you were right! This IS an interesting topic to discuss. (And mind you, a VERY good question.....why don't we "wink" anymore??) I have my theories......first of all, today, we sadly fail to recognize thet "oh my god...those two people might actually be attracted to each other! Heaven forbid! The problem is.....if a man "winks" at some woman he finds attractive, he risks much more than his possibly bruised ego. If the woman is a co-worker, he faces sexual discrimination or harrassment charges! How absolutely pathetic is that??? In recent years, I have held doors open (for both strangers and dates) and amazingly, have had instances where was I not only "not thanked," but told; "I can get it myself.....!" Wow. Just blown away. Here's another one.....(especially true of the younger generation of women.....sadly they don't know what it's like to have doors opened for them, and as guys, we almost feel the need to "run" to the door before her in order to open it, and make your gesture occur! ) It's a drag to say the least.
So......a "wink??" Sexy, flirty, fun, and although might get your pulse racing, and make you feel attractive and wanted, it sadly can also get a guy slapped physically, or labeled a "pig," or even fired!!!!! (Hooray for the women's liberation movement! Thanks Ms. Steinum!!! Just a few of my thoughts.....Kris
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2008 8:50:06 PM
I must be old fashioned because I wink at lots of wimmen...mostly friends...but often times just a women that catches my eye. It comes naturally for me..or I would be much too shy to do it...Just the other week...a 27 year old girl asked me why I didn't like her...I asked her why she thought that...and she said "Well..you never smile when you look at me"...I guess...I didn't smile at her..because I didn't want her thinking I am some old perv....but I've made up for it...and gee..she's really cute..
 TALLRIGGIN7
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/7/2008 9:21:31 PM
I for one still wink, nod and smile...hey ladies ... t.r.7
 upforadventure
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/11/2008 7:23:16 PM

When I was a bit younger with a little, gymnast body and long, bottle blonde hair, the men weren't shy with me at all. I was like a prize they wanted to win over.

You've answered your own question.
 Road-Rash
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/11/2008 8:42:41 PM
i cant wink ever since i was a child i have tried and it doesnt work

could be from head injuries could be i just have poor fine motor control
 night501
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 11:10:38 PM
i wink all the time. i even have a winking routine.
wink, count to 2 raise eyebrows, maintain eye contact and smile from ear to ear.

iv watched myself in the mirror and personally i think it makes me look like an ass but every time i do it tward a woman i kinda get off on the look on her face. i love when she blushes and starts to act all timmed
 yepidy
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:28:29 PM
to many political/legal issues. I don't/won't do it as I don't open doors anymore-I've been told not to, yelled at, spat at, lectued etc. I keep to myself as a result.
 HenXX
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:44:41 PM
Always found that winks were used by charmers so always stayed away from them.So easy to sit in a room and wink at every woman walking past.My attitude always was if he cant take the time to come over and chat to me,hes not worth bothering about.Twenty years on? somebody give me a wink!!!!!!!
 MikeM1968
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:11:21 PM
I think I need to start practicing this a tad more. I haven't done this in a very, very long while.

Mike
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:15:40 PM
I've gotten a few winks from guys who also smile when they wink so that it comes across as more friendly then creepy but they were usually guys who were older. I don't think I've ever had a younger guy wink at me unless I know them already.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:22:30 PM
OP: I still do it occasionally. It's not out of style yet. There's definitely a time and place for it.
 theungenius
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/8/2009 2:48:32 PM

I'm going to get her to hand me her panties, and then lock her face into my arm-pit. No room for misinterpretation there.

this is hilarious--absolutely hilarious
 cubic_zirconia
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/8/2009 3:02:43 PM

You know... I don't think I've ever winked. I sort of like to say what I mean and mean what I say. Winking? Buying you a drink? Do I have something in my eye? Do you look thirsty? Forget that.

Everyone knows the real deal is or and pheremones. What really matters here, is how I smell to you, and how you smell to me. So, from now on, when I meet a woman I think I might like to know better, I'm going to get her to hand me her panties, and then lock her face into my arm-pit. No room for misinterpretation there.

HA HA HA HA HA!
 HeartyLips
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/8/2009 5:11:45 PM
lovememadly posted
"i love it when guys wink at me. i think its so cute."

Ditto!
 Irish-Gent
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/8/2009 6:51:01 PM
To wink at women is deemed too offensive today and will immediately get you fired if it happens in the work place. All the woman needs to do is run to the office and show a few tears and your job is toast. It is classified as a form of sexual harrassment which can leave life long emotional scars and extreme depression resulting in her inability to perform her job. ( At least thats what they tell us it can do in our sexual harrassment training we men are forced to go to in every job that has female employees).

We are not to look at a women for longer than 2.5 seconds or it is deemed as leering. Subject to immediate reprimand and possible firing. It does'nt matter if she was leaning over your desk, showing a ton of cleavage because she was wearing a push-up bra under her half unbuttoned blouse.

God help you if she was to over hear you tell a mild dirty joke to your buddy because even though it was'nt said directly to her and you were on your lunch break outside of the office but technically still on work property, your job is gone. Meanwhile a women can grab a guy by the @ss or crotch and nothing will ever happen. I mean really, never in recorded history has a man gone running to the office with tears in his eyes because a woman said something sexual, winked at them or grabbed their ass.

Many years ago I worked in a female dominated business ( Call Center). I could'nt believe the sh*t that was going on and how it was so volatile an enviroment for men to work unless you were gay. When one women got a two week paid stress leave because a man winked at her I almost threw up. I quit that job and will NEVER work with women again. They are just too emotional when things start to get busy and they lash out, knowing full well that they will ALWAYS be portrayed as the victim and the man the b*stard.
 Wylde Daisy
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:22:55 PM
I love the wink!!! It gives me butterflies everytime...

I only wish the men giving me the wink were single and available....

Are only married men confident enought to flirt???

ref last poster - alot of my "winks" are from men at work and though I do find it confusing at times as to why they are doing it, I don't feel uncomfortable. It makes me happy and brightens my day!!!
 Irish-Gent
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:38:33 PM
Hey Wylde Daisy, it is not me making the rules in the work place. It would be cool to work with women who did'nt freak out over every little thing. My god, you should go to a construction site, hear how the guys talk to eachother and watch the work get done. If you are not pulling your weight you will be called out for it with a few swear words, no prob., the message sinks in and you go back to work. You could NEVER do that if a female was present. Instead, the problem lies festering for weeks and months until one day it blows, tears are shed and reprimands given out.
 .Marc
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:41:16 PM
I've considered it a few times, but I hesitate on the grounds that I feel like I'd look like a jackass...
 cubic_zirconia
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/8/2009 7:54:07 PM

To wink at women is deemed too offensive today and will immediately get you fired if it happens in the work place. All the woman needs to do is run to the office and show a few tears and your job is toast. It is classified as a form of sexual harrassment which can leave life long emotional scars and extreme depression resulting in her inability to perform her job. ( At least thats what they tell us it can do in our sexual harrassment training we men are forced to go to in every job that has female employees).

We are not to look at a women for longer than 2.5 seconds or it is deemed as leering. Subject to immediate reprimand and possible firing. It does'nt matter if she was leaning over your desk, showing a ton of cleavage because she was wearing a push-up bra under her half unbuttoned blouse.

God help you if she was to over hear you tell a mild dirty joke to your buddy because even though it was'nt said directly to her and you were on your lunch break outside of the office but technically still on work property, your job is gone. Meanwhile a women can grab a guy by the @ss or crotch and nothing will ever happen. I mean really, never in recorded history has a man gone running to the office with tears in his eyes because a woman said something sexual, winked at them or grabbed their ass.

Many years ago I worked in a female dominated business ( Call Center). I could'nt believe the sh*t that was going on and how it was so volatile an enviroment for men to work unless you were gay. When one women got a two week paid stress leave because a man winked at her I almost threw up. I quit that job and will NEVER work with women again. They are just too emotional when things start to get busy and they lash out, knowing full well that they will ALWAYS be portrayed as the victim and the man the b*stard.

I'm going to have to disagree with this entire statement. No woman I have ever worked with has behaved this way and everyone has to go through those sex harassment vids, nto just the guys.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why don't men wink anymore to show their interest?