Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Cheap Trick      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SouthernGuy1960
Msg: 26
Cheap TrickPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
In 1979 opened for Foreigner. They were not that popluar and never heard of them. Put on a heck of a show. Voices is still one of my all time favorites.
 scienceismagic3
Msg: 27
Cheap Trick
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:33:33 PM
Ahhh! YES! Cheap Trick. So glad they exist. Mandocello puts a tear in my beer everytime, Cry, Cry makes me want to, also, but ELLO Kiddies makes me want to punch the everloving sky! YES!
 torgo70
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Cheap Trick
Posted: 3/27/2009 3:42:55 PM
I became a fan of Cheap Trick when I watched the animated flick- Rock & Rule(1983), which Cheap Trick(along with Debbie Harry and Lou Reed) did original songs for.

Cheap Trick was one of the bands considered for 'Rock 'n' Roll High School', but agreements couldn't be made.
 trivv
Msg: 29
Cheap Trick
Posted: 3/27/2009 4:29:40 PM
They are opening for the concert that i'm heading too this summer
Cheap Trick
Def Leppard
Poison

doesnt get much better then that
 Some random name
Msg: 30
Cheap Trick
Posted: 3/28/2009 12:19:20 AM
They looked like they were a fun oriented band back in th e day,,,,,they also had 2 kickass tunes from the heavy metal soundtrack.....I must be dreamin and Reach out. A guilty pleasure
 SixStringCJ
Msg: 31
Cheap Trick
Posted: 4/30/2009 1:56:25 PM
I've always said if you can't groove to the Trick something's wrong with you. I got into them when they released "Lap of Luxury" and worked my way back. "He's a Whore" is a classic. And you have to love anyone who can appreciate the subtleties of "Mandocello".
 joyce420
Msg: 32
Cheap Trick
Posted: 4/30/2009 5:57:36 PM
My favorite Cheap Trick song is "Stop This Game", but I like all their songs. What's so embarassing about them? It's not like they're Abba or the Bee Gees (just kidding, I like them, too). But, I also like Korn, Megadeth, Slipknot, Three Days Grace.....
 oscarz05
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Cheap Trick
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:08:04 AM
I worked with them when they were opening for Aerosmith in the mid 70s.

outstanding band. great playing, great tunes, and one hell of a live show. they just stormed in out of nowhere and blew the gigs apart. Asmith fired them off the tour in about a month (way too good to let them be openers) but they were already so hot that we ended up doing lots of large venue gigs with them on the bill.

one of the best things about Nielsens act was his uncanny to hit punters with flicked guitar picks. he could unerringly nail some kid thirty feet out right in the forehead.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Cheap Trick
Posted: 5/28/2009 5:26:06 PM
New Cheap Trick album coming in the summer as they start their tour with Poison & Def Leppard.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/cheap-trick-preps-the-latest-sgt-pepper-1003977727.story

MuzikHockeyLvr
Msg: 35
Cheap Trick
Posted: 6/3/2009 6:49:41 PM
I had seen Cheap Trick in the clubs here a few years ago & one charity event. Totally fantastic gigs! Robin Zander "almost" fell off of the stage coming my way --> Thankfully he did catch himself on time!

Rock on!
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 36
Cheap Trick
Posted: 6/4/2009 1:08:34 PM
I like Cheap Trick. They had some great songs. And the guitarist and drummer were funny.
 nipoleon
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Cheap Trick
Posted: 1/31/2010 4:06:38 AM
I have been fooled again !
The past couple of years Cheap Trick has been touring in selected cities performing songs from " Stg. Peppers Lonly Heart's Club Band ".
When I first heard about this I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever hear of. Certainly, this must be a totally overwrought , clumsy and vain attempt to do some sort of tribute show, in bad taste .
There was a couple of bad videos of their appearance at the Hollywood Bowl on YouTube which I found unimpressive.

However, lately some newer videos and recordings of these live performances have come up on YouTube and now I am totally flabbergasted.

Below is the YouTube link to the recording of " A Day in the Life ".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhvItRb13yU

This isn't just Cheap Trick playing covers of Beatles songs. This is a true tribute to the Beatles and the Stg. Peppers album.
From looking at the videos and hearing the recordings, if I'd known the show was as good as it appears, I'd have certainly gone to see it when they came to Vegas last year.

I am so tempted to say that this live performance of " A Day in the Life " by Cheap Trick is as good as the Beatles original recording. Robin Zander is with out a doubt one of the best rock singers ever.
They approach these songs as if this would be how it would sound, if the Beatles ever performed them live themselves.

Plug in your headphones, go to YouTube and listen to this recording. If you're a Beatles fan or Cheap Trick fan, you're in for a pleasant surprise.
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Cheap Trick
Posted: 1/31/2010 9:33:25 PM
I grew up listening to CT, but was never one to follow their career.
I do have a question... One of their songs is the theme song for That 70's Show. A few year ago, late one night, I was flipping through the channels, and came across a video of them singing this song.... and it just bowled me over!!! WHAT is the name of this song, and was it written especially for the series, or was it an older song of their's?
 Hello America
Msg: 39
Cheap Trick
Posted: 2/1/2010 9:07:52 AM
I only liked them when I had the " I want you " single on a 45. Now I use it for target practice w/ a .45,lol. I saw them in Tpa @ the Sun Dome ;; after 3 songs I left....good thing it was a $3.oo show.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Cheap Trick