Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ddr_27
Msg: 26
Slim men, heavy womenPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Sure why not...

But again...interpretive.

To you is fat overweight? obese or more?
 5iobhan
Msg: 27
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:56:07 AM
To me there's a few extra pounds which is the slightly overweight cuddly kind.
Then there's fat which is the jo Brand kind and then there's obese which is the Dawn French kind....
Morbidly obese being Robbie Coltrane....

(These are purely based on sizes)

Personally, I like a bit of podge... a roundish belly doesnt bother me either.... As long as it doesnt interfere with physical activites/sports or is health damaging - its ok by me.
 ddr_27
Msg: 28
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 8:04:30 AM
Well on the opposite end you've got guys like me who have weighed the same for 2 years and can't gain....in a weird way who understand what someone desperately trying to lose weight are going through.
 justinakrfc
Msg: 29
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 8:17:21 AM
I notice this phenomenon some times. I went to a BBW dance one night. Tons of skinny guys! I'm like...dang. Here I am, a bigger guy, thinking, well I like big girls, if I just go to the source I'm bound to find one I like, and already the odds are stacked against me! Yikes. I would have done better in a regular bar. Maybe those girls were thinking that a skinny guy is better than a fat guy, reasons, I don't know, maybe there will be more food left for them at dinner time <--tongue in cheek.

I do not mind so much if a big girl said she was into skinny guys, just don't go with the "why can't they see the inner beauty" excuse when they get a rejection. When you narrow your sights, you are bound to see very few results. I do it, though there is more leeway when it comes to body type for me, I like my women like I like my peanut butter, extra chunky!
 choacoya
Msg: 30
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 8:30:11 AM
Personnally i think it has allot to do with self image. Recently i have had a handfull of people contact me. The majority being a few extra pounds to queen size babes.

One of tehethings they told me as we chatted was that they felt out of the scope of the so called finer men. When they sent me more pics of themselfs. They wheren't anything close to queen size. but more so to have maybe an extra 10 pounds on them which i feel is nothing.

Allot is self image.

Personally i love all shapes and sizes but even i am subject to the stereo type. Just in a different fashion;)

Choa Coya
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:25:17 AM

Is there something about a slim guy that is attractive to a heavy woman?

I'm a skinny guy and the only women who have ever given me first contact are bigger women. I couple of these women have been very attractive, granted, but I'm just curious about whether big women finds a skinny man more attractive.

In my experience, skinny guys are more open to bigger girls. Believe it or not, it's the heavy guys (our bbw equivalents) that are often the most derogatory towards us. It is as if people see them with a fat girl, people will suddenly notice they are fat too!

Skinny guys can also be jerks, but a lot of times, they appreciate a bigger gal. I don't know if it is because they have been shot down enough times by thin/average women who are too insecure to date a man whose pants they can't fit into or what. Maybe they just appreciate soft curves and jiggly bits? I prefer to think that is the case. I have no idea. Perhaps it is as simple as opposites attract.

Myself? I like men of all sizes.
 Rachelle~C
Msg: 32
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 8:57:01 PM

Believe it or not, it's the heavy guys (our bbw equivalents) that are often the most derogatory towards us. It is as if people see them with a fat girl, people will suddenly notice they are fat too!

Huh so i see you have noticed this as well.
 PostPunk
Msg: 33
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:03:41 PM
I dont think that a persons weight has much bearing on what they find attractive.
 Spacechickadee
Msg: 34
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/18/2008 11:59:36 PM
Do you find a skinny woman more attractive?
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 35
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 2:44:33 AM
Lotta guys like skinny women haha, just cause you are 1 thing doesn't mean you find it attractive. Why do you think I get my lard ass on the elliptical? Because I'm not interested in losing in the weigh-ins to my g/f and I think it's a bit hypocritical to be asking for a slim and slender beauty when it look like my idea of weight lifting is gettin a sandwich in my mouth.
 ddr_27
Msg: 36
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 2:57:40 AM
Well as I said before, a couple of the women I've dated are/were heavy and I found that very attractive, but their are also heavy women I could not look at when I have to eat dinner afterwards.
 The Brunette Bombshell
Msg: 37
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 3:00:15 AM
As a BBW my self I find slim/skinny men to be very unattractive.
I would not want to date a guy who didn't eat or who couldn't handle me being on top.
 michelle1965
Msg: 38
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:17:06 AM
im a slim girl but i have to say i much prefer a more robust kind of guy someone with meat on his bones

i just do not find skinny men attractive
 the_Duchess
Msg: 39
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 6:58:04 AM
I always thought the kind of guy that I wanted to date was tall with some meat on his bones, even though that's what I thought my preference was I would date guys of all sizes, but would usually wait for them to approch me. I have been attracted to a guy who must have been in the 300 range and a tall rail thin guy around 130 and everything in between. It's usually the personality that attracts me to them so the weight doesn't matter because I like them as a person.

As I have gotten older though, and more in tune with myself, I realized that I was afraid to seek out guys skinnier than me because I would always obsess over whether they found me attractive. Now that I have more confidence I doesn't matter, if I'm attracted I'll say something.
 wondering1980
Msg: 40
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 10:30:50 AM
well i like skinny guys and only date skinny guys...but that just me...even though this is not meant to be insulting so no one take it that way..but when i see skinny people with bigger people i think of the number 10...
 theDIFFERENTone
Msg: 41
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 11:15:36 AM
im a bbw, and i find men that are slim/fit slim more attractive then man equillivant to my own weight. simply because i find from my own experience slim men are more confident, sometimes more**** and more of a challange! i like a challanging man not a man who's going to go soft and melt immediately after i show an interest..
 ddr_27
Msg: 42
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 2:10:48 PM
Evil Grin,

Who says that a skinny guy doesn't eat much? I eat like a bear and I haven't gained or lost a pound in 2 years. But I'm told that my metabolism will slow down and the extra calories from trying to gain will overwhelm me by 35 if I don't be careful. Cautious words from the one person I trust about my body, my dad.

By the way, Evil, not trying to fish here but you are absolutely gorgeous, extra pounds or not.
 Ave Caesar
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 5:44:05 PM
Generally speaking, yes.
 Woodstar
Msg: 44
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/19/2008 8:34:55 PM
I find it equally odd that I seem to attract men who weigh less than me...or the same only taller.

My first husband (who died when we were both very young) was very attractive, tall and lean. He thought I was the sexiest thing he had ever seen. I personally thought we looked like Jack Sprat and his ol' lady walking down the street together.

My last guy still thinks I'm the hottest thing he has ever been with. He weighs just a tade more than me and is under 6'.

Folks like what they like.
 redline32
Msg: 45
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/24/2008 10:43:17 PM
I've always been attracted to women who are chubby/voluptuous since Jr. High school.

But it seems like they're never attracted to slim/average build guy, especially
if you're asian that's a double NO.
 missdolly
Msg: 46
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/24/2008 10:44:42 PM
Some women like smothering. ;P

MistressDolly
 WesternRose
Msg: 47
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/24/2008 10:47:08 PM
Speaking for myself...as a Hefty.. a Chubby Chick...a Big Babe.... I like you skinny-arse boyz....cos I like to be the Dominant partner in the relationship.
I am looking for a Lil Boy to Squish...to Squeeze the Juice out of... yup..yup...that is my motivation.

I want a lil snack before I move on to a Big Fish!

I hope that answered your question
 Cressidia
Msg: 48
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/24/2008 10:58:30 PM
I like all of men. Big, tall, short, fat, skinny, bald, black, white, you get the point. I do however have a problem with men who never smile. Just can't have that. I'd be far more interested in what they have to say than what size their t-shirt is. Does he smell good? Does he treat me well? Is he kind? Is he honest and open? Are his intentions good? Is he a passionate man in and out of the bedroom? Does he make me laugh? Do I feel secure? Where is he anyways? These are some of the things I wonder........
 heathenspirit
Msg: 49
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/25/2008 12:38:08 PM
As someone who is 5'9 and about 155 pounds, I find that a signficantly larger lady ontop is rather....well...smothering. It feels like I've been pinned by a wrestler.
 Lisssa_12
Msg: 50
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 2/25/2008 1:34:03 PM
haha ok good point what i think is that usually slim men are less self confident no offense but ( i'm talking about extreme skinny...) a lot of fat women to compensate for there appearance tend to bend more towards personality and character, loud, more strong and opinionated ( usually) which the skinny guy feeds on since he lacks in that department...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women