Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bethlett
Msg: 51
Slim men, heavy womenPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Don't worry. I'm not only fat, I'm old....and I'm not remotely attracted to you. You can breathe a sigh of relief.
 bathurstman35
Msg: 52
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/15/2008 11:08:58 PM
well i was always a tall and slim guy.gain a bit of weight over the last few years so now im not really skinny but im certainly still not that large either.i dont have big bones as they say.i always was attracted to womens who are a bit chubby.i dont mind slim girls too dont get me wrong but i often find myself attracted to womens with a bit more meat on theyre bones.i always found that interesting cause most guys i know are just into skinny rail-thin model type girls and they dont see chubbier girls as sexy but i often do.i think its what they say 'oposites attract' .but when it comes down to it its just a matter of personal taste.evryone has theyre own taste.
 CanadianBeef
Msg: 53
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/15/2008 11:45:37 PM
I typically get messages by bigger women...

Hows that rythme go?

Fat and skinny went to bed, fatty rolled over and skinny was dead.

If she weighs more than 200 lbs and I can't bench press her, I ain't sleeping with her just because of that stupid rythme...i'm not dying from suffocation when she passes out from exhaustion.
 halbailman
Msg: 54
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/15/2008 11:58:01 PM
I care not what she looks like, I care only what she makes me feel like
 CanadianBeef
Msg: 55
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 12:01:51 AM

I care not what she looks like, I care only what she makes me feel like

Pfffft...please buddy...give your head a shake...that sounds so lame. If you didn't care what she looked like...why don't you go poke your eyes out with a fork and date the first person who makes you laugh?
 dawn1114
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 12:24:11 AM
In real life, I know more than a few slim men/heavy women couples, but they're sort of long-term relationships in which either the woman's shape changed over the years or they were young lovers, ages ago, who connected because neither had definative preferences in regards to size/shape.

The women who are contacting the OP might actually NOT have a SPECIFIC preference for slim men. Some of us (women and men), find a significant range of people attractive, depending on the individual.

I'm not sure why the OP is finding that ONLY larger women are making first contact. Maybe demographics? By sheer numbers, there are more larger people than smaller people, these days, in N. America.
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 3:08:13 AM
My fantasy guy is a pro football player.

In reality, I don't care about body size. I've dated thin men and have dated men who were 50 lbs. overweight.

So to answer the original question, I can't say that this woman specifically likes skinny men. She likes men, period, with a preference for goatees/mustaches.

wondering1980
Msg: 58
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 9:02:51 AM
well i i'm skinny myself but my preference is skinny guys cause i'm not into guys bigger than me build wise....
i've had chubby guys show interest and i gave them a chance but never really felt an attraction to them but they did have a great personality and i was happy for them when they did find someone
so if a guy shows interest now and hes chubby i will keep him as a friend but won't go on dates with him just be his friend
 some woman
Msg: 59
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 9:47:33 AM

Well on the opposite end you've got guys like me who have weighed the same for 2 years and can't gain....in a weird way who understand what someone desperately trying to lose weight are going through.

So many people believe being overweight is a choice or that fat people have no self-respect or are too lazy to do anything about their weight. It's nice to see someone who kinda gets it, even in a "weird way".

My second husband is rail thin and not because he works out or watches what he eats. He eats a lot and is about as active as most people I know, but no matter what he does or doesn't do, he never gains weight. His daughter is the same way. I don't know if it's metabolism for them or what, but if so, then why can't people believe it could be as difficult or impossible for some fat people to change their weight due to something beyond their control too?

OT...

Sometimes opposites attract, but having been on both ends of the weight spectrum and having relationships with men on both ends of the spectrum, I believe that most people's preferences are what they are regardless of their own physical attributes.

I spent most of my life painfully thin but was always physically attracted to big cuddly men. I was married to a man who was painfully thin because I loved the person he was and not what he looked like. When I got sick and medications and diminished mobility (not my choice) caused me to gain weight, he decided he could no longer love me, even though I was exactly the same person inside that I was 30 lbs ago.

Since then I've dated tall and skinny, short and muscular, my height and chubby, tall and obese. Now I'm with someone who is perfectly cuddly (for me) who finds me perfectly cuddly as well. Not one of my choices was based on height or weight and none of the break-ups was because of those issues either.

Seems to me some people can't look at a skinny/fatty couple and think they must just love each other for who they are. Why do so many people think the thin partner must have some kind of fat fetish and the overweight partner must be a hypocrite because they're not with another big person?
 hugs*n*hisses
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 9:59:32 AM
The first things I notice in a man are if he has a sparkle in his eye, a 1,000 watt smile and if there is evidence of intelligence, along with that ever elusive mutual 'chemistry', I find him attractive enough to date.
I don't proscribe to a physical 'type'.

Some people actually like what's in the package, not merely the way it's wrapped.
Maybe those gals that are contacting you feel the same way OP, and are hopeful you do too.

HnH
 Eddie2704
Msg: 61
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 7:45:22 PM
theDIFFERENTone said
i like a challenging man not a man who's going to go soft and melt immediately after i show an interest..

Apparently your still messing with "boys" not men. I am a big guy. But i am not a push over and i don't go "soft" I do have a gentile heart and i know how to treat a woman. But i am not a door mat either.
 good_catch77
Msg: 62
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:20:53 PM
OP ~ I seem to have the same thing happen to me. I am far from skin and bones but I am a thin guy. What I don't get and this thread kind of proved it for me with the responses. How come when its a question like you asked the response is "she likes what she likes" But if a guy made the comment that he don't like bbw then he is shallow and should lower his standards. That all skinny women are dumb and don't eat, etc, etc.

But oh well I just read/delete if I get one from a bbw. If women can do it then I can too.

Best of luck to everyone
 xchaosx
Msg: 63
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:25:47 PM
some woman

Seems to me some people can't look at a skinny/fatty couple and think they must just love each other for who they are. Why do so many people think the thin partner must have some kind of fat fetish and the overweight partner must be a hypocrite because they're not with another big person?
<<
 xchaosx
Msg: 64
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/16/2008 8:27:38 PM
Some how I screwed up that last post I wrote. Anyways what I was trying to say was that thing that "some woman" said was very good
 TheNator
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 8:37:46 PM
Ok so here is a question. What about a slim guy that is toned and physically in great shape? I am 6 foot tall and only 153lbs but I am very toned from my basketball playing days and the fact that I'm in the gym 3 days a week doing weight lifting. The problem is most women don't notice this unless I'm not wearing a shirt. It kind of sucks.

Gaining weight has always been a problem for me so I try to make up for it the best that I can in the gym.
 goldblade84
Msg: 66
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:04:47 PM
I do have to say you come off a little shallow, though I don't think that was your intention...

I agree with some of the stuff said here, conforming for them, and getting what they think they can get... maybe?

But here's my question... being that you come off a little shallow with this thread, I'd have to ask do you want to or prefer to be with bigger women or is that you ended up with?

If the answer is yes, great!

if the answer is no, I see one hell of a issue right off the bat.

I'm a skinny guy and the only women who have ever given me first contact are bigger women.

Um... why are they making the first move? or rather, why does it seem like you're expecting others to make a first move?

I don't know about your personality, but you got pretty good looks. You're probably attracting other women but is completely clueless about it... or just wuss out on making a move.
 antonioIII
Msg: 67
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:12:35 PM
i always thought that the term Bbw is just propoganda women feed themselves to reason with being fat........also the term "some men appreciate a bigger woman"........i dont get that, what's there to appreciate? dedication to overeating?
 AZgradstudent
Msg: 68
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:13:47 PM
I wonder if some of it is just the laws of probability? Assuming you're talking about Americans, a large proportion of us are technically overweight. A significant portion are considered obese. It seems likely that people don't always fall in love with people who look just like them; thus, a fair amount of heavy women should be found in the arms of skinny men. The same would be true for large men and thin women.

Plus, there are men who prefer larger women. Whether it's related to their love of a large chest, a large rear, or just more in general, it's relatively common.

And of course, there are guys who just don't care about their girlfriend's weight either way.
 actualized
Msg: 69
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:41:20 PM
its because women pick out of their league more often than guys do, and it works more often for them

well put, as if it came out of my mouth but you have the trademark on it

I asked a fat woman how she got it on with her fat hubby. I think she was 350 at the time and he was at 450. they wanted me for a 3-some but i objected. anyway, she said she had to lie on her back with her knees up and he had to be sideways and perpendicular to her orientation. so much work involved. he then broke in to tell me how he enjoyed having a bucket of KFC while having sex with her.

amazing stuff! you guys are getting my book in little bits.
 LukeNineteen80
Msg: 70
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:45:05 PM

i always thought that the term Bbw is just propoganda women feed themselves to reason with being fat........also the term "some men appreciate a bigger woman"........i dont get that, what's there to appreciate? dedication to overeating?

some guys do a have a BBW fetish. Other than that it's generally a result of some late night drinking, or doing it on the dl for some relief sex.
 antonioIII
Msg: 71
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:52:05 PM
I still don't understand what big girls mean when they say "some guys can appreciate a bigger woman"..........no clue as to what they mean, can someone shed some light on this?
 LukeNineteen80
Msg: 72
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 9:56:15 PM
I like women who are big in certain areas of their body... I would call them curvy i guess. A little bit of baby fat is no big deal, it's more about proportion.
 Devilishtexan
Msg: 73
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/20/2008 11:35:31 PM
It's because they prefer to be on top. And they know once they get on top you're done for. Check please!

Alright that was tacky I'm messin'.
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/21/2008 3:12:39 AM

some guys do a have a BBW fetish. Other than that it's generally a result of some late night drinking, or doing it on the dl for some relief sex.

I've never dated anyone with a BBW fetish. I've never dated anyone who drank around me, and have never had "relief sex."

Makes you think, huh?

I'd tell you why some guys prefer bigger women but why? Just more fodder to pick on fat chicks
 jef002
Msg: 75
Slim men, heavy women
Posted: 5/21/2008 6:19:02 AM
I like slim women. It's attractive to me when a woman takes care of her body.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Slim men, heavy women