Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A 62 y old lady is interested in me. Im 27.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 papinaone
Msg: 51
view profile
History
A 62 y old lady is interested in me. Im 27.Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok, I am a 66year old lady. Let me ask you, if you was not interested in her, why di you exchange phone numbers, and second if you are interested, it should be your decision if you want a relationship with her and also if she feels comfortable with your decision,. Good luck to both of you. Papinaone
 rockcrshr
Msg: 52
view profile
History
A 62 y old lady is interested in me. Im 27.
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:09:35 PM
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the idea that perhaps she is just looking to get laid?
I am a 42 year old man who has had several "flings" with older women, dating back to my early twenties. The most recent being with a very sexy 71 year old. Never have any of them been interested in bringing me to the family Thanksgiving dinner. We've enjoyed satisfying physical relationships, so long as it was convenient and then moved on.
Older women enjoy sex too. Get over it.
 Settle For Me
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:38:56 PM
There is not enough information in the Original Post to determine what's really on the lady's mind; but my first thought was that perhaps the man has misunderstood. The lady might simply be alone and is looking for someone to help out around the house.

When I was younger, there was an older lady in the neighborhood that seemed fond of me. The reason she liked me was because, when she asked, I'd help her out: take off the screen windows in the fall, lug some trash to the dump - that sort of thing. Never occurred to me she might of had an ulterior motive. I don't think she did. I mean, she didn't pay me for the choirs with sex, she paid me for the choirs with fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.

On the side: a couple of people have mentioned Harold and Maude. Great movie.
 BeveAnn
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/22/2008 10:57:30 PM
Oh come on... The child came here trolling! He took names then left. The women who agreed, will probablly get an, "I'm soooo confused, can we talk?" email.
Kids.. Whatcha gonna do?

and you!!!
Msg 47 Meow....

Be nice ... Mom's are watching

Desertbro
Msg: 55
Posted: 2/22/2008 11:43:24 PM

It would be interesting to see how the men would react if their 25 yr old daughter came home with a 60 yr old man.

Are you kidding? They would bless him for getting the daughter of his basement, and then ask the oldster for a $$$ loan, or at least the keys to his Porche on weekends. Men view practicality over emotion -- usually.
 morgan855
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/23/2008 12:40:57 AM
Ok I,ll be the first to say she,s ill very very ill. Get her to see a Doctor real quick.
 toyboy35
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/23/2008 4:37:23 AM
i think you should go for it i am 36 and currently looking for a woman aged 50 to 70 to date in the view to marriage age is only a number........
 toyboy35
Msg: 58
would any women aged 50 to 70 be interested in a 36 year old man?
Posted: 2/23/2008 4:50:41 AM
i am 36 years old and im looking to date a lady aged 50 to 70 longterm do you think tere are many woman out there willing to date a young man longterm in the view to marriage??
 moraima
Msg: 59
view profile
History
would any women aged 50 to 70 be interested in a 36 year old man?
Posted: 2/23/2008 12:56:47 PM
Well the first post at least got a few posts back. Usually this type of post gets told we aren't looking for kids. We all hade a few giggles. Thank you pof for the age block section.
 cutiepiems
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/23/2008 6:32:43 PM
Ali that is just wrong on so many levels.........good luck it would be interesting until you got caught...........
 friendlyldy
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2008 9:20:04 PM

Are you kidding? They would bless him for getting the daughter of his basement, and then ask the oldster for a $$$ loan, or at least the keys to his Porche on weekends. Men view practicality over emotion -- usually.

Of course you aren't a father! Believe it or not, there are fathers out there who consider love more important when it comes to their daughters!
 GreyNomad43
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/24/2008 3:02:52 AM
Being a 64 year old male i feel i can be of some asisstance. please forward her number & i'll see what i can do.
 Just JJ
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/25/2008 5:11:10 AM
62 vs 27..... Ewwwwww ewwwww ewwwwwwwwwww. Sorry but Ewwwwwwwww.
 c_deacon
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 9:51:56 AM
Ewwwwww???........

I have seen and been with some that are very close in age and said to myself.....gawd....that is just Ewwwwwww........and have been with some that are much older and some much younger and said......it has potential and feels good.

Somehow the age part is not the real indicator, but more of how they look together, interact and enjoy one another. If you have a 62 year old that looks 15 years younger, and a 27 year old that looks 15 years older, what do you have??????? Not to many on here would blink an eye seeing a 47 year old with a 42 year old......

The whole point would be that a younger person is interested in a more mature person, and that is no one's business but theirs.

OT......I watched my younger brother of 14 years marry a woman that was my age and enjoy her, and she him. I knew it would not work but for other reasons, and not how they looked together. The funny part of all of this, was when all together, I was thought to be the youngest brother, and she thought he was closer to her age, and he looked it.

Life has many ways of letting you know how it is working on you, and with you, and for any that would put just the date on a birth certificate as the one and only filter for knowing another, is leaving much to much out of the equation for enjoyment, understanding and having a real relationship......

Just my opinion.......
 bonniebrownap
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2008 10:19:49 AM
OP, I think you should be discussing this with the 62 year old lady. When I get an email from a much younger man, right away, I insist of addressing the age difference. That is not something I would be comfortable with and won't waste my time or theirs. From your post, you don't sound interested, only curious....... I think you have answered your own question..... it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
 dustcloud
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/27/2008 5:21:57 PM
Been there, done that and I was about your age. It seems that you are a very courteous individual who is concerned about others. I dont know this woman, but the one I was involved with exploited that aspect of my personality. We didnt have a whole lot in common and I began to learn that she had a history of being involved with younger men. I also found she had a real insecurity of growing old. One of the risks of being involved with a woman with that kind of age difference is that the older one tends to seek to control the younger one. You are an adult and can make these decisions on your own, just make sure you make informed decisions.
 mysassyself
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2008 7:11:58 PM
I have been in a relationship for over a year with a wonderful, amazing man. I am fifty, and he is twenty-seven. I can't see into the future for us, and don't need to. I know that at the end of my life it is unlikely I will regret the chances I have taken, only the opportunities I have missed. None of the people on this website or in public who say "ewww" will be my judge; only I will be the judge for how I've lived my life. This relationship has enriched my life and filled my heart. No matter what the future holds, I wouldn't change one minute of how I have lived my life. So, OP, follow your heart, and not the irrelevant opinions of others.
 time4_2
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/27/2008 10:59:54 PM
Aw, geeeezz dude!! She's a perverted old fart, what is exactly that you don't get???
Do you wanna be a boytoy, or not? Don't give us the family approval dilemma B S.....
 dancingkuety
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/27/2008 11:22:10 PM
you are 100% right . I also have dated men much younger , my age , and slightly older than me. It makes no difference what the age or age difference is , it is the person and how you relate to each other that counts. If you are just friends that enjoy each others company and shared interests or if you have sex it is no ones business but yours. you don't have to broadcast the fact if your relationship is sexual , or make a point of telling everyone you are just friends . besides people who disaprove will not believe you either way. just enjoy each others company in whatever fashion works for the two of you.
 kycutie108
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:07:42 AM
I'm sure at 62 the woman's options are limited. Nursing home versus playpen? JMHO, I don't think the 62 year old woman has grown up ( mentally ). Could be, she's looking to recapture her youth. On the flip side of the coin? This young 27 year old guy might find her maturity, wisdom and timeless beauty ( if, she possess those ) interesting and refreshing. However, I don't see the age difference working.

Desertbro...you suggested giving her the fire department number? Don't, you think 911 would be obvious? lol!
 galonthemt
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:15:21 AM
Nursing home?????? Although I dont agree with a 27 seeing a 62 yr old as I dont understand the commonality, equating 62 with a nursing home is rediculous. So your 50, that means in 1o yrs you will be ready. Hey I'll hold my spot open for you, then you wont have to fill out an application.
 cocytus
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:20:13 AM
Yep...this was a troll post...
But like an earlier poster stated...I'm sure that there were some in the 60+ crowd that sent the OP a backdoor email....
You know...just in case....
 Runs With Wolves
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:38:57 AM
Facts:
she wanted help in the supermarket then started chatting to me. We exchanged number because she seemed like a very nice person.

I think you read far too much into what actually happened or you confused online fantasy with reality….lol

Moi thinks you need to get out more…lol

As a mother of two sons, oldest being 28, my mind does not go to the idea of dating a younger man. In fact, the idea is incomprehensible with the extreme....against the ‘laws of nature’. As a mother, if a younger man is interested in helping me with something I might request such as carrying my groceries out to the car or finding an item in a large department store, I see his role for what it is and don’t read anything into it. I think if this 62 year old lady was requesting help and you appeared non-threatening to her, she may want to use your services such as running errands. She may have few resources to call on when she’s unable to get out due to illness.

If the same senerio came up with a 62 year old man dating a 27 year old lady, I question what the reaction might be with the POF forum readers. Would we think “sugar Daddy”? or the extreme “pedophile” (most of you won’t voice this question)?

IF in the category of a sexual partner most of us don’t see a man crossing boundaries but more so a woman crossing boundaries because of the duel role of mother and nurturer.
 kycutie108
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2008 7:33:17 AM
Message 71, you won't have to save that spot in the nursing home for me. I'll have some 27 year old to take care of me. Although, I wish you the best and we'll come and visit you!
 AliLondon
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/3/2008 11:13:01 AM
Ive been away on holiday, so couldn't reply to all your messages.
I read all of them, some constructive and others written by idiots.
I did meet the lady again, she invited me round her house, we were just talking, about her life mostly. Then she told me she was suffering from lung cancer. Doctors have given her 6 months max. We have become good friends, we go out sometimes, walks etc.

Some people have pm'ed me with very nice messages, thank you. Most of these were ladies over 50 years old.

Anyways, take care all.

Regards
Ali.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > A 62 y old lady is interested in me. Im 27.