Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Best job to meet women in the workplace?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kelley-88
Msg: 25
Best job to meet women in the workplace?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't think it matters. By the time they are employed women have a good idea of their league and, if they can't find a guy in their league at the workplace, they will seek other places to meet him.
 alienhunt
Msg: 26
Best job to meet women in the workplace?
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:50:27 PM
I agree with education. I volunteer at a local elementary school in a college town and most of the teachers are early 20s (and hot, even tho some/most are already married..) :D
 flyingiguana
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 1:56:38 PM
a call center with high turnover. lots of prospects and if you do get turned down, chances are she won't be there very long anyways.
 piscescoda
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/16/2008 5:32:28 PM
Heh, become an interpreter. 98% of my colleagues are women.
 nickphilosoph
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/16/2008 6:08:44 PM
Media, journalism, PR or HR.
Or door to door salesman of cosmetics (the workplace is their homes' door), plumber, TV repairman or cable guy.
Strip joints?
 webwriter
Msg: 30
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:39:04 PM
Volunteer at the library, art museum or other female-dominated institutions. Work at what you love, don't go to work to find love. ;)
 ringfire29
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/16/2008 7:51:04 PM
oh, come on guys, its obvious. Start your own strip club!
You would have all the female strippers, waitresses, and perhaps
a bartender to choose from.

Maybe some female bouncers too, if you are that into it

webwriter
Msg: 32
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:04:47 PM
I sh*t you not; that is my across-the-street neighbor's ultimate dream. To open his own strip club.

(I keep my kids away from him...)
 Greg8002
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:19:06 AM
There are plenty of women doing Law. Even so, I think there are better and easier ways of meeting women than just going into education.
 dancecard
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 5:36:01 AM
Plumber `Hvac Tech ~dar
 Spoken For
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:47:11 AM
The ladies shoe department at any major department store. LOL
 mitchchan
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:02:06 PM
personally its hard to even date your co-workers because of sexually harrassment. i personally wouldnt date a coworker even if he is single and has an attractive personality. its just not me.

look elsewhere, if you want to seriously saved your career.

1. medical field
2. social services like social workers, teachers, preschool, travel
 JackBurnett
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:33:00 PM
Chippendale's stripper...hands down.
 mimitoobee
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:33:15 PM
Well, I was married for 13 years. Then one day I went to get my hair done. My normal hair salon had closed down, I walked in to see the most handsome man of my dreams! Figured he was gay, but then I sat in his chair and he told me he wasn't. He was also on work release from prison. I fell madly in love with him. But to get to the point, as a male hairstylist it can sometimes take hours to do a woman's hair. Alone with any woman for several hours will give any man a head start.

So be a HAIR STYLIST and you will get all the women you want.

I ended up getting a divorce, the hair stylist played me hard, broke my heart. But to this day, I still love him. He's still playing and I'm all alone. (I know I was stupid)
LIVE AND LEARN!
 rebelinlex
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:39:00 PM
short order cook at HOOTERS... need i say more....
Posted: 4/4/2008 7:45:22 PM
Vice squad?

BB
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/4/2008 8:12:09 PM
I'd beg to differ with this for a couple of reasons.

graphic design definitely gets you the artsy pseudo-intellectual type chicks lol

The design world tends to still be rather male-dominated, depending on the company you work for. And... I'd NEVER date another graphic designer, whether I worked with him directly or not. I'd never be able to forget about work if I did. Work is what we do to fund the rest of our lives. Don't go into a career field just to meet women. I have a feeling you'll be sorely disappointed if you do.
 ^^Batgirl^^
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/6/2008 12:33:42 AM

Vice squad?

It's not as glamourous as you might think BB.

It takes constant attention, being on alert, gobs of makeup and that damned push up bra that I have come to hate.

^^BG^^
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/6/2008 7:23:06 PM
Hmm... lots of women lawyers these days. (Most law school classes are about half men and half women these days - and have been for a number of years). Get your engineering degree then go to law school. You could also do volunteer work at a hospital (or hospice, etc.) on weekends (plenty of nurses and a lot of the OB/GYN's and pediatricians are women too). LOL Just make sure you're not confined to the hospital gift shop! Lots of women getting business degrees too. Perhaps an MBA for you? (That'll help an engineering career too if you ever intend to get into management in an engineering company.) Come to think of it, lots of women professors at universities too. Perhaps you might get a PhD eventually? Lots of avenues.
 The_Standard_Model
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2008 7:27:05 PM
Work in a hotel/ bar/ restaurant. By far surpasses all others.
 EDDIE81
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/6/2008 7:35:25 PM
BARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust me, i have to beat off the sexually repressed middle aged women who've had one too many (or several) drinks, plus working with delicious looking barmaids is always a winner!!!!!!
 Chef4one4life
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:29:30 PM
Well, as a chef, there was always plenty of opportunity to meet women.....but....I learned a long time ago to follow the old adage..."Don't shit where you eat"....Old Irish proverb....
And I did...met my ex-wife at a place where we worked....everyone and both of us knew we had great chemistry....but, followed the rule for a year...then, as I resigned and was walking out the door, I asked her out....and, as they say, the rest is history.....Sorry to hear about your heartache....Guess as a hairstylist, and on work release, he had no integrity...
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/14/2010 6:50:13 AM
if you want to meet women at work, you should go for a job where the vast majority of workers are women. i worked for Susan G. Komen for the Cure last year and was the only male in my area. Unfortunately, the women there are not very attractive. the only one that i liked (and i still keep in touch with) is already in a relationship. I plan on working with them again this year and hopefully, things will be better. Meeting women is the primary reason why I changed my career decision twice in the last three years. First, I wanted to work with MTA New York City Transit because i love mass transit and know a lot about it, but ditched that after looking at the corruption within the agency, the demographics of the employees, and the horrible conditions they face. I switched to computer programming because I am online very often, but ditched after seeing how difficult it was, lack of females in the field, and the stereotypical views on Asians being math nerd and tech geeks. I finally realized that I really want to work for the entertainment world (acting, directing, producing, singing, etc.) because I want to have a name for myself. I want to be a somebody, not a nobody. I hope to meet lots of new people in my new career.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Best job to meet women in the workplace?