Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > how long can a man go without sex?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TPNW
Msg: 51
how long can a man go without sex?Page 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I can go months perhaps even years. I havent had sex in months and it doesnt really bother me. THere are people I could have sex with Id just rather not.
 craig james
Msg: 52
how long can a man go without sex?
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:18:50 PM
this is a trick question..right? we can't go without sex..men think of sex every 50 seconds..so if he is not getting it from you..he is getting it some where else..better call your sister and see what she is doing!!
 rara_avis77
Msg: 53
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:51:01 PM
Longer than you can.
 BlindingAndy
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:50:53 PM
well if u can go months or even years without it good for you but i dont think long distance celibacy is a recogised sport(shame for some of the posters here) i suspect that if you dont want it(for what ever reason) hmm you really dont have too but from what i can gather most people like to get it as often as possibly coz its ermm nice!
 flamingosmile
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 7:58:52 PM
Whew....thanx for clearing that up!
 NERO1
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:33:11 PM
Theoretically I'm sure any human , man or woman, can never have actual sex and be just fine. It's not a necessity. Not saying you'll be feeling all that great all the time, or be really happy about this, but........it can be abstained from successfully with enough willpower, or , if circumstances make it impossible. This kind of reminds me of the term "Sex addiction". I don't fully buy that kind of addiction. (Sorry if there are any "Sex addicts" reading). I think it's more like "compulsive" behavior, like for instance if a man (it's usually a man, come on) has an out-of-control sex drive & has to keep going to prostitutes weekly or ...whatever.... I think his behavior is then "compulsive", BUT...I don't buy that he's truly "addicted" to it. Why not? Because any given day he can simply say, if he has the will to, no I'm not doing that today, or at all this week. And he does not get physically ill for example the way a true addict to something gets when they are denied it. It's not like a drunk denied booze, a druggie denied their fix, or even a smoker suddenly denied cigs . In other words, it's not an addiction, it's a compulsion that they've simply let get out of control. People can go any amount of time they want / need to w/out having sex or even masturbating. It's not a true "need", it's a want.
 likeitizzz
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/22/2008 1:03:04 AM

As a woman, it can vary. There are some married women who could care less if they ever have sex. And then there are some women in their 30's, who are going through their sexual peak, who can't get enough.

No wonder there is so many marriage break ups.
I think I prefer the "can't get enough women ". That's a great quality in a woman , send them my way .

OT.....A guy will self sevice alot . But , it's very bad for a guys psyche if he goes too long without the real thing .
It should be all women's obligation to make sure that guys have a good psyche . And that would be good for women too.
 DakotaRx
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/23/2008 9:38:53 AM
until the next time he gets it unfortunately..hes not gunna die or spontaneously combust..it has nothing to do with anything like age or wtvr its called game!..and luck
 Untoldstories
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/23/2008 11:47:40 AM
I went three years without sex...and, although it was a while back, I had a full life, was travelling a lot and so never really thought much about it. Nowadays, if i don't have it for a few weeks i really miss it. But it does depend upon desire, age and access to sexual encounters.
If you aren't very highly sexed and don't meet any or many potential partners then I suppose its arguable that you could just "give up " sex and not miss it.
 hala-steve
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 1:57:43 PM
40 days and 40 nights.

firedupdesire
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/23/2008 5:05:18 PM
A long, long time.
 Mister Incognito
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/23/2008 5:13:59 PM
A man that goes without food for a long time will starve and die. Someone get him some food already.

A guy that goes without sex for a long time will not die from it. Doesn't matter how much he whines and b*tches about it.

If he has a free hand, he'll be just fine.
 VO2Max
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/23/2008 5:44:59 PM
Oh well now let me see I am going on 5 and a half years. It has been a choice not an easy one mind you. There have been options some that were most difficult to say no to but I have no regrets.
 Zentimes
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 6:28:45 PM
It actually depends on a man's state of mind. The mind is in effect our biggest sexual organ. If we don't feel above things and are somewhat depressed due to the specifics of the current moment then a male may opt to not go out there and take a jab at pro-creating. He may want to seek out the comfort and security found in cuddling but may not want to exhibit the drive to sexually challenge himself with the art of seduction.
 ddr_27
Msg: 65
Posted: 3/23/2008 6:53:52 PM
The question has a bit of a Red Herring in it.

A man can go a lifetime without sex, the question is how long can a man go without an orgasm...?

After losing my virginity, I've gone about a year and a half and could have gone longer. I've made it about 4 days without masturbating. I've heard Blue Balls can be medically dangerous.
 Greg8002
Msg: 66
Posted: 3/24/2008 2:33:25 AM
Some men spend their entire lives without any sex - just ask a Christian or Buddhist monk. Others can by choice not have sexual intercourse with anyone for years, if they want. Other men may feel they need sex very frequently. The urge generally arises in all men, but how they choose to deal with it varies.
 Cort1295
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/24/2008 3:54:41 AM
1 year, 3 months, and counting. It's good and all, but I haven't missed it that much. I miss having a girlfriend more, but for the most part I've just had a long stream of dead-end dates over the past year.
 linuxprogrammer
Msg: 68
Posted: 3/24/2008 8:39:48 AM

I'm curious to know how long a man can go without sex.

I finished a 10-year streak last year, and started another one soon after. So a long time.
 sirhugsalot
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 8:51:53 AM
Biologically speaking, a man never needs sex. Psychologically speaking, going without sex for me has a lot to do with if I have found someone I can love. I don't mean being totally in love necessarily, but it won't work for me unless there is some connection. Until that connection is there, I'll just stick with my oldest and most faithful partner, my right hand. LOL
 justin_mtl
Msg: 70
Posted: 3/26/2008 10:52:15 PM
Did you guys hear about the 'surplus' of men in China? They'll have a 30M surplus and they fear a rebellion and violence that may arise from this. Tells you a lot about what it does to a man not to have sex.

Saying it won't kill you is just bs. Sure it won't. But in a way it kills you from the inside. You become someone else. You adapt and fight your inner buddy to fit inside the social boundaries.
 Fractalheart
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:01:21 PM
I have went three years without sex. I am horrible at meeting women. I can talk about everything but I can't seem to ask them on a date or to hang out. I think I will be that guy who has a huge house but lives alone and has no children.

Dr. Drew states that sex for males is so addictive that it makes heroin look like a caffeine addiction. Coming from a man who has dedicated the last 20+ years to psychological pathology, I think he is right. Think about, if it wasn't for sex; men would rarely want to aspire to anything. Men make more money, accomplish more things and do some of the craziest shit you can think of to open the possibility for sex. Think about it...
 justin_mtl
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:31:23 PM
Agreed.

In fact I think 'everything' we do is for sex one way or another. Even studying chemistry or heating up dinner krafts. Some choices are better than others though. Like buying a bmw or becoming a doctor. But the guy who chooses to become an astronomer does so because he thinks, knowing who and what he is, that that's the best way for him to get sex. And by thinking I mean subconsciously obviously unless you're an analytical freak like me.
 Muchikiluck
Msg: 73
Posted: 3/27/2008 2:47:09 AM
A dead one can go without forever....
 Purple Tang
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/27/2008 5:09:49 AM
1)If sex is defined strictly as the act of getting off, I doubt many can last to long, it's a biological need (unless one has a physical problem) and healthy release for psychological pressure that relieves tension and stress.

2)Sex with a partner without any emotional ties, thats something I can do without and in all honesty I have never been in that situation. I consider myself very privileged when I think of it.

3) Not having sex when your in an intimate and caring relationship would probably drive me completely bonkers. It's just so right on so many levels it's addictive. When your both on the same wavelength it can be gentle, emotional, intimate and carnal. It can be short and animal like or long and teasing. I have to stop thinking of this.

Looks like 1) will have to do for now.
 marissais3
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/27/2008 5:19:56 AM
This forum was a good read...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > how long can a man go without sex?