Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women still wear nylons?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Do women still wear nylons?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^^^^^^^You are confusing stockings with pantyhose. They are different.

Get with the program. Do they know the difference in Florida ? Where the swamp ass and the alligator grow so mean ?

You are NOT too GOOD for underwear, however. But that is your choice and every other woman's as well. Don't make this a fat woman/skinny woman thang.

It's irrevelant. Think "leg coverings" if I can make it even more simple for ya. Yes, LADIES wear them ! What a concept !

I've never had a yeast infection or that thing ya'll swamp ass. What charming expressions ya'll have ! Is that also known as the ditch itch ?

PretaPorter
Msg: 52
Do women still wear nylons?
Posted: 5/7/2008 9:25:57 AM
Yes - I do - wear nylon stockings. Although the seamed type are strictly for special occasions!
 Limeshines
Msg: 53
Posted: 5/7/2008 1:08:12 PM
I was once asked if I was wearing white stockings.... but it was just my legs! hahaha..

Nooo thanks.. no stick no itch no sweat no nylons!
 compactdisc
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/7/2008 3:15:02 PM
no disrespect to you " limeshines " but i wonder how many 19 year olds actually wear stockings and suspenders regularly or at all and i wonder at what age do women think its " normal " to wear stockings and suspenders regularly, i guess from what generation has a lot to do with it, i wonder how many males under 30 years old actually think about or get turned on by a woman wearing stockings.

Whilst iam about my daily routine i often look at what women are wearing on their legs, i see quite a few women with something covering their legs so it has to be one or the other...stockings or tights.

i can well remember last year seeing a woman sat on the grass adjusting a crease in her shiny tights/stockings above her knee.........OMG i dont think i will ever forget that.

Anyway its whatever the woman is comfortable in , i personally wear what i want to wear and i wont change my dressing habits for any one so i wouldnt expect a woman to the same.

However the ladies who do wear stockings/tights in public WILL get my attention much more than a woman with bare legs or especially in trousers.
 CanadianBeef
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/7/2008 3:23:51 PM

I was once asked if I was wearing white stockings.... but it was just my legs! hahaha..

I don't believe it, but funny stilll...made me laugh.
 chicgeek007
Msg: 56
Posted: 5/7/2008 6:13:10 PM
I avoid them. I hate them. Have you ever worn them? Not only are they totally uncomfortable, they are a pain in the .... You are late for work and you are trying to get them on and it never fails.... RIPPPPP!!!!!

I want every man that thinks they are fabulous to try putting a pair on in 90-100 degrees weather, wear them ALL DAY and then come back and tell me how it felt. Seriously....

I have actually turned down jobs where the company had them as a "must" in the dress code.

I live in the south where it is hot and humid. I absolutely do not wear them.

When I lived up north and wore a skirt in the winter I would wear tights. They are more comfortable, keep your legs warm and they do not run when you are trying to put them on.
 Lily 13
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/7/2008 7:33:54 PM
We love our thigh highs in Ontario......
 ang65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2008 10:02:50 PM
I do. I have several drawers full of tights and stockings. I would never go out bare legged and I live in the hot south. It just looks nasty when a woman wears a dress or skirt and has bare legs. Gross! Looks very unprofessional in the office too.
 willwork4cookies
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/7/2008 11:54:24 PM
i don`t wear em b/c i have sensitive skin..

am a bit disappointed since this has always been a potent "turn on" for me

yanno they do make 'manteehose'.. ..
 compactdisc
Msg: 60
Posted: 5/8/2008 1:01:13 AM
ang65

if only all women felt like you did.

**off topic**.......which British tv shows do you like, cant message you directly because of restrictions.
 KiteGuy321
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 7:29:30 AM
I'm a big fan of those black stockings with the line that runs up the back.. but only for special occasions.. even better if they aren't the full pantyhose type... stockings and garters.. yum...

I live in florida, so I doubt you'd find anyone around here that wears stockings during the day... like someone said before "swamp ass" can run rampant around here. In colder climates, I'm sure stockings are much more prevalent.
 Lot Lizard
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/11/2008 8:21:24 AM
I have a few pairs of fish net in my sexy draw that is dusty....slow decade.

My grandma wore those knee high ones that rolled down to her calf with her slippers I think that did it for me. Oh and my mother really thought the control top made her look skinny

Wait 20 years OP the trend will come back...they all do but I wont join.
 GreenOlivesYum
Msg: 63
Posted: 5/11/2008 8:51:56 AM
Ang65, you seem uptight, bare legs are natural and sexy. Maybe you should take better care of yours instead of covering them up with that cheesecloth cancer causing material.
 compactdisc
Msg: 64
Posted: 5/11/2008 11:57:48 AM
NO NO NO NO ladies PLEASE cover your legs up with stockings and tights, bare legs just arnt sexy.

stockings, tights = very sexy

bare legs= not sexy.
 Lot Lizard
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/11/2008 12:12:06 PM
^^^^Only if you keep your shirt buttoned all the way up and sleeves down too! Turtle necks soo sexy.

Are d1ckies back in style?
 ang65
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 2:04:35 PM
I heard as a child that pantyhose cause cancer. I have yet to hear of anyone dying of leg cancer from pantyhose. Bare legs are appropriate for the beach, washing the car or dog, picknicks, etc but not the mall, dinner, movies, and not work. As far as them being hot, well as someone who seldom wears pants, I can't see how people wear pants in the summer. I can't stand them they make me sweat. Pantyhose have a somewhat openweave to them that allows the air in, pants don't. Also most of us spend more time indoors in cold airconditioning anyways.
 ang65
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 2:07:51 PM
Ha ha I wear turtlenecks and sweaters in the summer too.
Nice hosiery or tights beats bare legs anyday. I hate sitting at the coffee house and having to see some woman's bare legs and half way up her shorts. Yuck, and especially the ones that are a few pounds overweight, yuck.
I once was in line behind a woman with short shorts on and she had a huge gauze bandage on her thigh that was oozing. Gross
 Miss W
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 3:00:05 PM
bare legs= not sexy.

In your part of the world maybe. Here in California, it is the norm and panty hose are very passe. They are great for staking one's tomato plants and possibly for tieing someone to your bedpost and maybe for a gag when there is no duct tape around. I am now proudly going into year 9 of not wearing the wretched things and do not plan on donning a pair again in this lifetime. Why suffer? They are hot, uncomfortable, make your feet stink and are just unnecessary.

If I have to dress professionally, then I will wear pantsuits or a long skirt. I am at the height (5'4) where if you buy the smaller size, you get a hole in the crotch from the get go, if you buy the next size up, you can pull them up to your neck. I am thankful that I work in a casual environment (a university) where they are not expected.
 jimtash71
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/11/2008 3:17:56 PM
I've tried the stockings...with and without the garters, and they just fall off of me...

I got no problems with that.
 pbaby21
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/11/2008 4:36:04 PM
No they are gross & a pain in the rear.
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:07:36 PM
Since when did women dress for comfort, anyway ?

I don't get it. Far too often women just want to be comfortable and don't care to look feminine. It's just sad.

Same thing with the "chopped up" hairstyles. I cringe when I see 'em and I'd jerk somebody bald headed if they took a weed wacker to my head ! Since when did ugly come in style ?
 Falling Ember
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/11/2008 6:58:04 PM
I hate pantyhose. They stick, they're itchy and they're sweaty. I can see wearing them when I'm older to make my legs look younger, but there's no need right now. If I had a guy that was into them, sure I'd wear them for special occasions. Otherwise, no go.

Tights are fine in winter though.
 peacful1
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/11/2008 10:13:16 PM
todays nylons can be purchased and they stay up without a garter belt/ they look pretty sexy too. the garter does add tho.
 RedCassandra
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2008 10:41:06 PM

They are great for staking one's tomato plants and possibly for tieing someone to your bedpost and maybe for a gag when there is no duct tape around.

How can you run out of duct tape?

Ch. 3, par. 21, of Galual: Though shall always have at least 3 extra rolls of duct tape....just in case.

OT: Today was over 90 degrees here... even the idea of nylons made me sweat profusely. Nope.

cb994266
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/12/2008 12:00:51 AM
I wear them on formal occasions, which as I am a college student means just slightly more than never. I think they give a finished look that is important when going for a polished look, but I would never bother on a day-to-day basis. I do wear tights semi-regularly, though.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women still wear nylons?