Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > STOP SMOKING      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mo-mo
Msg: 51
STOP SMOKING Page 3 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Yay Spongey...We are gonna have so much fun on your new boat........
Keep up the good work. What a great thread to help motivate or inform others about this method of quitting.

**hugs**
 dragonlady45
Msg: 52
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/8/2008 11:00:19 PM
well 26 hours no smoke lol yes after awhile a cig just taste blahhhhh keep up before you know it you wont smoke at all yahoooo !!!!
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 53
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:32:30 AM
Ok, not that anyone REALLY cares but I am posting my quit day on here so "I" feel more pressured to quit on the day posted...With the stop smoking aid Champix you are supposed to smoke for the first week or so on the meds then pick a quit day in the second week on the meds and stick to it....

QUIT DAY: April 11, 2008

two things I need to remember:

boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat boat

and as missy would say, "nothing taste better than slim" "nothing taste better than slim"
 Tyeee
Msg: 54
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/9/2008 7:56:23 AM

Ok, not that anyone REALLY cares ...

Seriously, I have to ask, why would you think that no one really cares?

Tyeee
 AKwithasmile
Msg: 55
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/9/2008 6:42:24 PM
Well, I quit cold turkey (so far). Three days now and, so far – so good. but, I’ve been tempted, had urges – I’ve decided to try to sleep through it as much as possible.
G’nite…
 ladyred1969
Msg: 56
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/9/2008 8:42:54 PM
Its been 4 and half months as a non smoker now...wow I think thats the first time I have called my self that....
Good Luck to all the future non smokes
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 57
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/9/2008 9:16:03 PM
Way to go AKAwithasmile

Is there nicotine in Cigars? I know people who smoke cigarettes will have physical withdrawl symtoms for 3 weeks as that is aprox how long it takes nicotine to leave your system...So if you can get by 3 weeks then you have a much higher success rate. My biggest worry and what always brings me back to smoking is weight gain. I would rather die skinny and a smoker than fat and a non smoker Still trying to loose the fat azz from the last time I quit Hence the new mountain bike

However I watched "the biggest loser" last night and was amazed at how much weight all those people lost just from counting calories, eating right and an extremely strenuous workout regime. Gave me a bit of confidence as I am not lazy at all and enjoy being active and this time my quit date is in the summer and I only work till 3pm or 4pm now so have lots of time to get out and about. (thank god I'm self employed)

OOPS !!! quit date for me is not April 11, as I posted earlier its actually 11 days into taking champix which would be April 16th ....LOL !!! ((((( no not an excuse an honest mistake, I want to make sure I have enough of the other drug champix in my system before i quit the other drug nicotine...hahahahha...thats not funny !!!! but its true...)))))
 tornado1
Msg: 58
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/9/2008 9:52:33 PM
Glad you clarified about the date Sponge.......I was wondering about that, but didn't want to discourage you if the 11th was what you had decided. Good for you setting a date......you're ahead of me......lol. Another thing you might check out, if you haven't done so, is the site "Quitnow.ca"........it's very good.

P.S. That's awesome AKAwithasmile!
 dragonlady45
Msg: 59
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:23:17 AM
3 days of not smoking and coughing more now than i did when i smoked whats with that ...................................
 Eclectic Elf
Msg: 60
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:32:37 AM

coughing more now than i did when i smoked whats with that

its your body starting to do some house cleaning
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 61
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 7:58:06 PM
Doubled the dose now and no nausea, or any other side effects..

..except lots and lots and lots of colorful and detailed dreams ( like a big long movie every time I shut my eyes) .

Cigarettes are tasting really YUCKY now and I am already smoking 1/2 the amount I was a few days ago, only cause I dont really feel like, "I need one" I pretty much forget about them ....so guess its working If I smoke 2 in a row, like after work I do feel a tiny bit nauseous but thats ok, I was worried about the champix pill making me nauseous...if the cigarettes make me nauseous then thats OK .

I think the hard part is going to be the habit itself ....but things are looking up compared to other stop smoking aids I have tried.

This just might work......((((( I hope ))))))

edit::::: NOW IF I COULD JUST STOP EATING US OUT OF HOUSE AND HOME ....aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

today I had a yougurt with the champix pill for breaky then a while later I had 1 piece of toast with 1 hard boiled egg then a little while later I had an apple then a while later I had a half of bag of prawns cooked in water (steamed with hot chilli peppers) then I had a mozza burger and then I ate 8 hot chicken wings....omg...if i get fat i will start smoking again. I have a tummy ache !!!! (((( I did go for a major bike ride this afternoon till i couldnt peddle any further))))
 * L *
Msg: 62
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 8:10:36 PM
yay everyone that's going through this...

spongey I thought your quit day was a cool number .... "411" four eleven
but now you have 416 why not move it to 420 <<, might as well use a number that is cool ! ...just a thought!

bravo everyone
it was 5 years for me 02/21...it can be done!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 63
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:33:17 PM
... I had a mozza burger and then I ate 8 hot chicken wings....omg...if i get fat i will start smoking again.

And that I find is the real bitch, the real difficulty in quitting smoking ... to keep the weight off is 10x the battle. Quittng Smoking itself was a Breeze ...

I also take Tons of Vitamins daily, everything balanced from A - Z. In this Fashion I find I require far less Food intake, I get hungry less often, pushing up the Metabolism in the same stroke to burn the Food, rather than be encumbered by it. Your Body is using up a lot of Vitamins in both utilizing the Drug and coping with quitting smoking, and your food may not have enough Nutrition to deal with the stress. Check with your Doc if you can take them, there shouldn't be any Issues why not.

One Oddity I did notice was if I don't take Vitamins for a couple of days, the mind had a tendency to wander off to "consider" smoking-concept related thoughts. Maybe that's the real little addiction Culprit behind the Scenes.

Its worked out really well, after almost 6 months I can already feel the body backing off a little on pushing the weight envelope ... in other words, its getting easier now. But first 3 Months was a tough go.
By far the biggest benefit I had quitting smoking was a drastic Reduction of Back and Neck Aches which used to plague me for Years. The Bi-Monthly Headaches have also wished me a Sayonara.

My Chiro said Smokers have a better than 30% Blood Oxygen Deficiency burning a Pack a Day which can cause innumerable physical mis-functions, one of the Reasons some Patients are Life-Time Clients.

I haven't seen him since I quit. I used to fork over $ 100 every Month.

After I have overcome my Smoking Addiction in a few Months, I intend to tackle my Caffeine Addiction before moving on to Gambling ... ... j/k

So think I will go outside and light up with my after dinner expresso

An excellent most enjoyable Combination I will never ever again have the Pleasure of, but maybe I'll live a little longer to reminisce "The good 'ol Days".
 Delarosa
Msg: 64
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:44:44 PM
This thread reminds me of a friend who went to see Reveen the renouned hypnotist. The topic that night was "quit smoking". The venue was packed. My friend and his buddy paid their $40 to be cured. (pardon the pun).
Comes the time for intermission and guess where they went?
Outside for a smoke!
All kidding aside as I know it's not fun to quit, hypnotism is not always the answer.
What finally worked for my friend was a scare - he got pneumonia and the Xray showed a tiny spot on his lung.
He quit cold turkey and never went back.
Good luck.
 Hal 9000
Msg: 65
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:54:40 PM
Smoking is a disgusting, filthy, degrading, smelly habit that puts a drain on the pocket change and makes you a victim later on. I should know, I've tried it and it stinks. Don't quit quitting, quitters!
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 66
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:01:48 PM
spongie just for your the big fish created this one a while ago still a hit runner lol
see:
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts8964656.aspx

ticket
happy to hear of your success

got me bit worried about you now. Giving up caffeine and gambling, then no more and lol sure hope you're not giving up sex...that would be real fattening
 whitetigeress
Msg: 67
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 12:15:57 PM
my mom stopped smoking the day she died when i was just 19... need i say more spongebob?

the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 68
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 1:30:50 PM
Gaining weight due to less smoking or not smoking at all ???

check this out...

http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/caloriecalculator.htm

dragonlady45
Msg: 69
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:06:58 PM
had to go off champix was either champix or pain medication well guess what its cold turkey for me been 4 days now so far so good, as far as food common sense watch what you eat and how much lol okay ask me that in three months hahahahahah
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 70
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:15:13 PM
common sense watch what you eat and how much lol okay ask me that in three months hahahahahah

well good luck with the cold turkey, if you can go 4 days you can go forever...I have never made it past one day cold turkey

mmmm nummy cold turkey
 Mountain Lion 1
Msg: 71
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 2:18:00 PM

cold turkey

heating up the turkey may help
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 72
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 6:39:09 PM
havent you learnt yet mountain lion that heating up the turkey is to expensive...the last 2 turkeys I heated up took the houses....and I got the kids This house is MINE!

WOW...just realized that the day after tomorrow the Champix changes from 5mg to 10mg each.....this is good news, I think, as I was questioning quitting using this method today, the cigarettes tasted yucky and I smoked half as much but I still occasionally through out the day wanted to smoke...so hope the increase of the milligrams makes a huge difference or ......... ????

atleast today I didnt eat us out of house and home just out of steamed prawns with hot chilli peppers
 easyas123abc123babyyouand
Msg: 73
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/11/2008 7:11:57 PM
keep up the good work, Sponge.. quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have had to do (well, almost) and I wish you luck. If your mind is set and you are determined and with the help of your meds I am sure you will kick the habit... hopefully forever.

I mentioned earlier in this forum that I am "smoke free" for almost 30 years now. I am very proud of my accomplishments as I have been through some very stressful times in those years, and have never had a smoke. I would tell myself.. ok... if having a smoke would improve my situation (eg, my daughter was failing in school or leaving my husband, etc etc.) then I would smoke... but smoking would not have helped to change the situation.

Good luck, hon!! Good on ya! and good luck to everyone who is trying to quit.. Dragonlady.. also.. good on ya!!
 Account Deleted
Msg: 74
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/12/2008 12:32:34 PM
Great Thread!!!

I became a Non-smoker 5 years ago this past Feb. Best move I've Ever made !!
I did the patch (my way .. eeek! lol) .. also gave myself permission to be nutso and gain a few pounds .. I went back down to a good weight . blahblah - I'd rather be a little chunky and alive than skinny and dead anyway!

All the best to you trying .. and Right On to those who've stayed Nonsmokers!! woohoo
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 75
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/12/2008 6:06:58 PM
I have to quit smoking now!!!!!. my incentive was:

I bought a new DURANGO today, fully loaded, chrome everything and leather interior, red exterior, sunroof, dvd player....the works....
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > STOP SMOKING