Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > STOP SMOKING      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 101
STOP SMOKING Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I read that if you quit smoking that age spots dissapear

2 more days to quit day...im gonna do it !!!!!!! and since i cut down to 1/2 pack a day i have lost 3 pounds too cause im busier than before rather than sitting around smoking all the time
 All Lynn
Msg: 102
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:44:02 AM
If you were smoking indoors and after a couple of days with no cigarettes you are really craving them, I suggest you wash your walls...1) it will keep you busy. 2) the yellow water will gross you out. 3 ) once it is done you will feel guilty if you smoke them up again. 4) it is good for burning calories. 5) Your house will smell better. 6) if you dont wear gloves you'll absorb some of the nicotine from your walls and stop craving without actually smoking a cigarette....which I don't recommend. Wear gloves and tell yourself that you have gone X hours without nicotine and if you have nicotine then you are back to square 1. It doesn't actually take 3 weeks as someone mentioned but less than a week to rid your body of nicotine, after 3 or 4 days of physical cravings you are dealing with habit and psychological craving. After you have washed your walls...maybe they need a coat of paint. This can take a while and keep you very busy along with the rest of the things going on in your life, still burns calories and the ceiling too if it needs it....
Dont expect your magic pills to be magic. Although the new Centrix or whatever it is called has the highest success rate yet of any pill including Zyban and Wellbutrin, still it is only marginally better and only 1/3 are still non smokers after 1 year, so there is a certain amount of will power involved. I first tried nicotine gum, didn't have much success. Next cold turkey and after a couple of days of excruciating craving I was successful for a couple of months.... Next the patch, and it helped a lot but I didn't have my heart in it, plus it seems to make you quit twice. Once to stop the actual smoking, then another time to get off the nicotine it provides. The dreams were sometimes scary but usually OK. Next Zyban. After the first 2 weeks they tell you to keep smoking, I quit for the 3 or 6 months (I cant remember how long it was) I was taking it . I went camping for the last week when the pills would run out, so I would have to go a long way to get one. Well I did drive the 20 miles, on the second day without my Zyban. I found it very hard to sleep on Zyban, too, often I was wiped out, and my doctor told me to cut my dosage to only 1 pill at dinner so that I could sleep, which helped. I had two friends that tried Zyban and failed and tried it a second time and had terrible reactions. One had lips and mouth that swelled up like balloons, and the other had a rash on her lower body that was peeling and painful, so I was afraid to try it a second time.
At this point it seemed I had tried everything but lazer and hypnosis, I had met several people who had tried one or both and felt they had just wasted their money. I decided to buy the #2 patch to get used to not reaching for my cigarettes (and stopped carrying my purse as I would absentmindely be digging into it, plus what did I really have to carry in it now...), and then go cold turkey after 3 days of the patch. I didn't see much point in keeping feeding myself nicotine if I was trying to kick it. This was my most succesful strategy, there is no magic pill, and a little bit of suffering and some will power is in order an incentive not to start again. For me the best thing was to get off the nicotine and all other aids as soon as possible. I stopped completely for 9 months, my best record yet. Instead of sitting on the couch chainsmoking I kept busy, and made note not to eat any differently, except sunflower seeds and I don't like cinnamon hearts much so they helped when I needed something but kept me from eating tons of candy or other food while watching TV, which I did less of because I was painting the walls and ceiling. I lost 11 lbs. and then went out with my smoking girlfiend a few times, and about the 3rd time out had a cigarette, and that was it...after not smoking for a long time cigarettes are somehow sooo good, and now I've been smoking another 6 months and once again they aren't sooo good. I'm gearing up to quit for the last time. I have smoked since I was 11 and I am 41, that is 3/4 of my life. I need to quit now and if I'm really lucky I can live to be 80 and then I will only have smoked for 3/8's of it....I'm going to read that book now, thanks for the link. I'm in a new town so my smoking friend has been left behind, I don't smoke inside but the walls could use some fresh paint.....
 Account Deleted
Msg: 103
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/15/2008 8:00:27 AM
(Not so bright) Bright knight said:
Tyee

She 'bought' her boobs !!
She used the 'ex cigarette' money for a cuppla man pillows.

So sweet of her to do that for us, eh?

"She" did NOT! I quit smoking and they grew on their own .. and it wasn't for You ya big tool!!! lmfao - It was MY reward !!! lmfao .. Hell I put on my little red bikini and jumped up n down in front of my full length mirror ... and I was alllll alone!!! LMFAO .. bought them for you!! OMG OMG OMG!!! now THAT was toooo funny!!! still crackin up!!

I used my 'ex cigarette' money for brocolli and fish n chips!

LMFAO at "man pillows"!!! holicrap .. if a little boob does that to ya - stay away from the dairy herd!!! lmao

These boobs are ALL mine, ALL real - Personally - I think the fakes suck! ick ick ick!!

wishful thinking at its finest! lol

A.S.is
All Real!
 coastguy1950
Msg: 104
STOP SMOKING - I did 13 yrs.ago after 30 yrs.
Posted: 4/15/2008 8:43:15 AM
Hey There Alien Secret,
Always enjoy your postings,have yet to get out to the maritimes,maybe one day we
can meet for a chinwag and tea.
When is lobster season?
Regards......Lyle
 Account Deleted
Msg: 105
STOP SMOKING - I did 5 years ago, after 30 years!
Posted: 4/15/2008 10:11:26 AM
Lobster is always in season at 'Sobeys!' LOL

That's Another thing that (if you can imagine) tastes Waaay better on a tongue that doesn't have rustcoat on it! lol

mmmmm Lobster, seems to me they jump into the traps around Mothers Day .. same day the Fiddle Heads are peaking ..mmmmmm OMG droooooling!! Lobster and Fiddle Heads ( Alien Heaven!! ssshhhhh)

There you go, now I've posted my 2 biggest weaknesses in the Sponge is a Non smoker thread! for all the world to see! (hoping to find many lobsters migrating to my deck! lol) mmmmmmmmmm Lobster! I have the tea!!

A.S.is

the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/15/2008 10:23:11 AM
send prawns and hot sauce .
 Tyeee
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/15/2008 11:06:50 AM
^^^
No need to ship prawns from the East coast. Caught a few myself last Saturday and had them fresh for supper. I make my own hot sauce too. Ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish and for extra zing some hot chili sauce. Ymmm

Tyeee
 dragonlady45
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/15/2008 11:22:52 AM
oh great quit smoking for just over a week now thread is on what to eat yikesss next it will be a jenny criag thread for me to read this is just getting to yummy prawns hot sauce etc what no home made apple pie and ice cream yikessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/15/2008 12:46:18 PM
prawns and hot sauce arent fattening at all and there filling and yummy ........so yummy...so tyeee, start shipping them to kamloops ....right now ....dammit...i havent had a smoke since 6am this morning and my quit day is not till tomorrow....send expediated every day

Tyeee
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/15/2008 1:13:30 PM

prawns and hot sauce arent fattening at all and there filling and yummy ........so yummy...so tyeee, start shipping them to kamloops ....right now

Sponge,
You'll have to put your smoke-free tushie in the driver's seat of that fancy new Durango sitting in your driveway and get thyself to the coast. After you've helped haul up the traps from 300+ feet and we'll dump the catch of prawns in a tub. As we eat only the tails I'll show you how to rip their little heads off. No worries, they don't scream much... just a bit of whimpering.

Feasting begins soon after.
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/15/2008 1:27:51 PM
Thanks for that visual of the massacring of prawns Tyeee. The next time I sit down to a plate of prawns I just might start crying as I recall this descriptive assassination of the cute little tasty critters.
 Account Deleted
Msg: 112
STOP SMOKING - Rip the heads off prawn instead! :D
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:50:29 PM
mmmmm Whimpering prawns!! OMG - You do know that IS what makes them calorie free .. right? ... Right??!!

Food eaten counterclockwise Or screaming is also calorie free and therefore recommended during the necessary feasting required to squish the smoking demon. You do need to keep up your energy!

hmmmmmm I wonder if the tourists would pay more for 'Whimpering Prawn ... '??

A.S.is
 Ticketoride
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/15/2008 5:01:08 PM
I lost 11 lbs. and then went out with my smoking girlfiend a few times, and about the 3rd time out had a cigarette, and that was it...

And that is the Trap, in Moments around good social Company, perhaps a few Drinks, feeling good otherwise, one tends to loosen up a little and mindlessly throw good Resolutions out the Window without any forethought of the Consequence it will again lead to smoking on a regular Basis.
 Michaelann
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/15/2008 11:03:34 PM
to the OP: I quit smoking at Christmas time, 30 years ago.
Those "help quitting" drugs weren't around yet, so my boyfriend helped me quit. He said to me "Every time you feel a
craving honey, just come & give me a kiss"
Hardly went anywhere for the first few weeks, but I have not had a single cigarette, since then. Distraction really helps!
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 115
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:52:13 AM
Yay!!! I did it I did not buy a pack of cigarettes yesterday after my last smoke at 6am. I refuseto buy a pack today too as today is my official quit day. I must say I was quite impressed with the Champix, I did not even feel I was going to go crazy without a smoke all day yesterday....one day at a time...

((((( I will not buy a pack of smokes today / Nothing taste better than thin )))))

thank god they sell huge bags of prawns, gum and tic tac's at the store

I stocked up

Well, I feel for the first time in my life that I will break this addiction/habit after all

now im off to make some steamed prawns with hot sauce to go with my morning coffee and champix....hahahahahahahaha
 thumper*
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:12:40 AM
Good on ya Sponge...I am really impressed...

keep up the good work...
You can do it...

now, get rid of every photo, where you were smoking...ewwww

*I knew my little voodoo would work for something good*
 Tyeee
Msg: 117
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:32:32 AM
Congratulations Sponge!

Wishing you the strength and will power you may need to stay committed and strong to maintain your new life-style.

Shall I buy some prawn bait?

Tyeee
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 118
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:37:12 AM
With these astronomical payments ....^^^^No i cant afford gas for the Durango ...

Actually i will sell my other vehicle now as I dont need it either, I used it for work but the new one is big enough to carry everything i need, and the smoke money and the insurance and maintenance money will go into the new non smoking vehicle payments...so basically my payments by deferring the money are almost nothing....YAY ! Plus I will insure it business and write the whole thing off against my taxes ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks everyone for their support ...

just send prawns

Im feeling pretty good for not smoking for over 24 hours...who'd a thought ...hahahahahaha
 mo-mo
Msg: 119
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:07:02 AM
Yay Spongey !!!!!
Keep up the great work and we will be boating in no time.
Do you keep taking the medicine.
Shall i keep up that Voo Doo thang ?????
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 120
Posted: 4/16/2008 8:45:26 AM
Yes you stay on the Champix...I will prob use it for 3 months just to make sure i am over the mental and physical addiction ... yes, please keep the spells coming. The boat may have to wait a year or two till I pay off the last toy but we have a pwc to ride in the mean time. Hope you come up may long mo-m0 and thump so we can cruize the lake.
 tornado1
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:34:26 AM
That's awesome Sponge and it will get even easier.......just don't quit the meds too early!
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 122
Posted: 4/16/2008 10:00:23 AM
Congrats Spongekitty & remember you have a lot of supporters on here to turn to if you have any weak moments of temptation.
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/16/2008 1:35:48 PM
now i feel mean

note to self...be very quiet and do not type on pof right now

the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/16/2008 1:36:12 PM
now i feel mean

note to self...be very quiet and do not type on pof right now

wow i think its a glitch ...hahahahahahah
 Tyeee
Msg: 125
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/16/2008 2:00:40 PM
Hey Sponge

Good thing you got that nasty habit under control. New study released today shows people who smoke a pack of cigarettes or more a day develop Alzheimer's disease years earlier than those who do not, and heavy drinking of alcohol increases the risk even more.

http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20080416/drinking-smoking-up-early-alzheimers

Hope you don't need to deal with both of these addictions

Tyeee
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > STOP SMOKING