Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > STOP SMOKING      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Xavery
Msg: 151
STOP SMOKING Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hang in there, Sponge! Don't beat yourself for falling off the wagon. Just get right back on it.
 * L *
Msg: 152
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/20/2008 4:04:04 AM
bravo all you quitters !
keep up the good work
and dont worry about those occasional set backs your still a quitter !

sponge next time you feel like a cig just go out and build me a snowman ! hehehe
 Account Deleted
Msg: 153
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/20/2008 12:45:02 PM
It's perfectly normal to fall off the wagon! Part of the fight.. hell if it was "easy" people wouldn't need to 'quit' .. they'd just stop. You got the bull by the horns and he just gave ya a little shake - show that bull who he's messin with! ((all bystanders DUCK!))

This is a Great Thread!!! Kudo's to all who are tackling this demon!!! and Thanks for makin my air a little cleaner!

A.S.is
 Ticketoride
Msg: 154
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:54:51 PM
Side Effects of Champix

The above list includes serious side effects which may require medical attention. Serious side effects are rare.

If any of the following happen, tell your doctor immediately or go to Accident and Emergency at your nearest hospital:

* wheezing, difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
* severe chest pain
* seizures or fits
* fainting
* swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat
* severe sudden onset of itchy swellings on the skin
* severe skin reaction with painful red blisters with chills, fever, aching muscles and generally feeling unwell

Alrighty then, just cut through the Cheese and put the gun to your head already ...

yes I cheated but they did nothing for me but make me mad at myself so yes as I just barely fell off the wagon

We are gonna add "Fall off the Wagon" as restricted posting Content ... lol

In any Event, I think in the End it does come down to a Resolution ... you can't just try, you have to have your Reasons & Consequences crystal clear why you are quitting ... no going back. I knew when I quit almost 6 Months ago ... THAT WAS IT - NO GOING BACK. This Resolution is vital, as considering starting back up again was not an Option that crossed my Mind. Perhaps this is what made it a complete walk in the Park for me. I just recently gave away half a Pack that was in my Vicinity all the Time, never did I even consider to have one, because I knew that was it. I just won't entertain the Idea of having a smoke ... Period.
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 155
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/20/2008 8:04:58 PM
OK OK OK

I GET IT

I WONT CHEAT ANYMORE PLEASE DONT DELETE ME....HAHAHAHAHA

I AM A NON SMOKER!!!!

((((sorry for yelling))))
 mo-mo
Msg: 156
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/20/2008 8:22:23 PM
Keep the rose Spongey.
I believe in you.
I know you can do this.
We are gonna have so much fun playing on that new speedboat.

Good luck to the rest of you quitters too
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 157
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/22/2008 2:23:13 PM
Well, still have not bought a pack or had another cigarette (since i cheated fri and sat with 2 cigs/one each day)

Still have not put on any weight either

I have however bought shares at the seafood (prawn) shop

I am now however taking a prescription to sleep at night (sleeping pills, first time in my life) as I never slept for 4 days straight and was totally loosing it as the worst side effect for me from the Champix was not being able to sleep ..EVER ...My doctor took one look at me and wrote out the prescription... took the first one last night and dont even remember my head hitting the pillow in my nest. I dont like takeing pills for anything, however I made the exception to take the Champix and the sleeping pill goes pretty much hand in hand...
( even the doctor said that they prescribe sleeping pills with the champix quite often as some people ...like myself ...just cant sleep on the Champix) I dont even remember dreaming last night and I woke up totally refreshed this morning...
((((thank god))))
Hope those of you who are also trying to quit smoking are doing as well if not better. Just think of all the money we will save in a year...about $3000.00 for a moderate smoker ....thats enough for a really nice holiday every year...(or in my case the down payment on my next boat)
 ArdentC
Msg: 158
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/23/2008 8:59:05 AM

Just think of all the money we will save in a year

The money I'm saving is paying for a 2 acre parcel of land at the lake... easy!

C
 Xavery
Msg: 159
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/26/2008 10:26:34 PM
So how are all the new nonsmokers doing? Where are the updates?
 dragonlady45
Msg: 160
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/26/2008 10:37:42 PM
well for me been 3 weeks no smoking not even a puff a few down wind sniffs from others but thats about it lol and wont dare get on a scale but think all is okay no weight gain as far as clothing fits lol question does any one feel more tired than usuaul ... thought i d have tons of energy but need my rest hope that goes away i am used to being go go go ....
 AKwithasmile
Msg: 161
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/26/2008 11:03:14 PM
Still hanging in there, not sure how long it’s been. Three weeks? Still get urges here and there, at least once a day. Oh well. It is nice that the smokes are now under cover in the stores, I think it helps. I don’t think I’m actually going to save any money, I’ll just waste it some other way.
 tornado1
Msg: 162
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/27/2008 8:27:07 AM
Awesome guys! It's Day 11 for me, but of course, Champix makes it easy (if you don't count the side effects). Dragonlady, I think fatigue is normal and goes away after about a month.

Where's Sponge?
 1potato2potato3potato4
Msg: 163
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/27/2008 9:15:02 AM
I think Sponge went camping for a week. Hope she is not smoking at camp!
 dragonlady45
Msg: 164
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/27/2008 1:16:26 PM
may 5 th sponge can post again .......hmmmmmm banned camp ... hopefully she is still not smoking but i am sure she is doing fine ... like the rest of us congradulations everyone sounds like all is doing well.. do you think it helps the no smoking in public places the cigs hidden from eye shot in the stores etc ???
 me no go
Msg: 165
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/27/2008 4:41:54 PM
well, i fell off the wagon again I think i just quit buyng them...not smoking them...however it was a fun road trip and i only smoked about 8 all weekend and even threw the rest out before the trip home...and its like I never even smoked ...its weird...I must say I didnt really enjoy them, and not sure why I even smoked them...cause I was hanging with my smoking buddies from the coast I guess, but as soon as I left I didnt want to smoke any more....

sponge can no longer post by the way she got life without parole....
 valleyrides
Msg: 166
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/27/2008 5:29:11 PM
i only smoked about 8

only 8?? i am getting motivated to quit myself just being around so many non smokers ..keep up the good work..
 1potato2potato3potato4
Msg: 167
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/28/2008 6:50:18 PM
oh no!!!!!!! say it isn't so! who will update us on how well Sponge is doing with her non smoking! Wishing you luck wayyyyyyyyy over at camp. Good luck!
 Xavery
Msg: 168
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/28/2008 8:34:15 PM
We will miss Sponge!!! Please keep us informed.
 Fishfancy
Msg: 169
view profile
History
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/29/2008 1:35:04 AM
Congrats to All You Non Smokers!!! I wont try anymore drugs because of what Zyban did to me>>>>>Here are some retraining ideas that work for me and please be warned they are as brutal as the addiction to nicotine......

Having smokes covered at stores defiantly works because I was down in the States and found it really hard to not buy a pack because for so many years I bought a pack...part of my daily routine.....I see them....I want to buy them.....its just an ugly habit:(

Good on Canada for covering up the dirty little suckers...lol ...and making it practically illegal to smoke....Ya I guess if our country pays our health care it has a right to dictate what we do....I as a taxpayer don't want to pay for anymore smokers health care costs if they continue to poison themselves:(

I tryed to quit 2 times...once on Zyban and once on gum ( light/medium smoker for 23 years)

Zyban gave me rheumatoid arthritis...my count was 1200....yup it was very real ( I couldn't walk without a cane or lift a cup of coffee) and only 1/26,000 people get it.....I had to argue with my Dr because it is such a rare/strange side effect he didn't realize it was the Zyban causing it....until he went way down the list of strange side effects

This time I did it....with the patch....but this time I did for my 9 year old boy....my health...my well being.....and the fact that if I continued to smoke and let tobacco run my life ~stopping what your doing for a smoke~ being chained to the the smoke~it tells you when to light up>>>>>then I was No Better Than a Drug Addict ( I Especially Dislike Crack Heads) So I used that analogy to get me through the hard times...Pictured crack whores in my head and put my face on it....ya that is brutal....but so is puffing on a cancerous.....life sucking cigarette......
My friend even went as far as calling me a crack whore when I wanted to smoke......ya brutal but it worked....because I wasn't associating a smoke to a Good thing...A break or relaxation,socializing,stress relief........
No I was retraining my brain to the truth... an ugly...sad....addicted...drug addict...stealing and prostituting to get my fix....nicotine......ya real shitty picture I tell you

Ya that worked better than any drug the Dr could give me....mental reassessing works!!!

The Patch I Wear is my methadone (Heroine addicts) to break this ugly addiction

I have been clean since April 2 2008...my 38th birthday

Ya I slipped a couple of times....but it was a trick my mind was playing....it tasted terrible

Stay away from friends that smoke in your first month if you can....I found that I felt left out of the smoking gathering socializing.....

This Gathering and socializing was messing with the new way I was training my brain....because being left out doesn't feel good and so if I smoked I would feel accepted and that was a good thing.....bull crap!!!

I was a dirty crack whore that was addicted to nicotine and it would continue to run my life if I let it....

I also saved $$268.00 in the month of April

268$$ can pay for my rafting trip to Kumsheen Whitewater Rafting Adventures on May 22:)

I hope my analogy has helped and not offended....but cigarettes can be the hardest thing in your life to quit....harder than heroine and crack.....

good luck and my 3rd time is a charm:)

PS...you smokers really smell bad....and I can smell you from 20 feet away...even when you walk in a room.....pretty scary I think...Butt Out People!!!
 valleyrides
Msg: 170
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/29/2008 12:01:36 PM
I talked to sponge , said said she cheated on her trip to the coast but she has not bought a pack of smokes since she quit(she is sponging a few drags where she can ) and has every intention of not smoking even when she is drinking with friends in the future .

an update i will pass on for sponge..

smoked couple fri night and couple sat again...lol... but none in the last 3 days since I got back home! . So far I have saved $140.00 not smoking....and I refuse to become a weekend smoker ,,,LOL!
 Girlymama
Msg: 171
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 4/29/2008 12:30:05 PM
My mother recently quit using Champix. She said that while on it, she tried having a cigarette because the "urge" was there (her partner smokes) but it had no taste and was totally unsatisfying. She remained a non smoker for a couple of months and then started up again! So now she's back on it, and again having 'success' with it. I hope she manages to quit.
I myself have discussed Champix with my doctor. She said some have bizarre dreams and a little nausea. I think this is probably what I will go with when I quit, which is due to be next year, perhaps earlier. (have something else I'm really working on, on myself first)
Good luck let us know how it goes
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 172
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 5/6/2008 6:56:43 PM
my bad I have become a weekend smoker apparently.

No boat for me unless I get this under control

Hope those of you who were also quitting are all doing better than me however i dont feel the need to smoke any more just the social part of smoking is hard to distinguish
 ladyred1969
Msg: 173
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 5/7/2008 2:03:20 PM
I can really say I am a non smoker now, coming up to 6 months and have not fallen off the wagon. I know myself well enough to know if I have one cig, thats it I would be a smoker again. So, Woohoo I am a non smoker
sorry all but I do have to toot my own horn on this one

Good luck and jump right back on the wagon with me all you past, present and future non smokers!!!!
 dragonlady45
Msg: 174
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 5/7/2008 4:44:55 PM
well one month today for me no cheating either not one puff pats self on back lol
 Celticlass2
Msg: 175
STOP SMOKING
Posted: 5/7/2008 6:33:15 PM
It's been eight years since I smoked. I quit cold turkey and it was about the 5th time that I had tried seriously to quit. I had lasted for 2-3 years before starting again. I can run now (getting ready for a 10 km race in June) and I don't have a cough and everything smells and tastes better. To this day, I can not understand what it was about sucking on a stick of a stinky brown weed wrapped in paper and lit on fire, that appealed to me when I was a smoker. It wasn't a physical addiction as I was able to quit cold turkey without any physical effects (except having more energy than I knew what to do with).

I can honestly say now that I will never smoke again. This is partly because my Dad died recently from COPD which is a type of emphysema. He was on oxygen for the last 8 years of his life and could not do any of the things he enjoyed and when he died at age 73, he was more like a 90 year old man physically but mentally, he still had it all there. He had smoked for 57 years.

When I started smoking at age 12, we could go across the street from my high school and buy smokes for 55 cents a package. We could also smoke them on the school grounds and if you got caught smoking in the bathroom, you got a detention if it was your first offense. In my senior high school, we actually had a smoke room in one of the mudrooms. (We couldn't wait to go to school there). The nicotine dripped from the walls...it was so gross...and you couldn't see through the smoke...but we kept on going in there and lighting up every chance we got.

I think that if smokes hadn't been so easy to get when I was a kid, if the school hadn't been so tolerant of our smoking and if my Dad hadn't smoked (we learn so much by example), I and most of my friends probably wouldn't have started smoking so young.

Good luck to everyone who has stopped in the recent past. It's well worth it!!!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > STOP SMOKING