Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Saying "Thank You" after sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Naamah
Msg: 26
Saying Thank You after sexPage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Actually they tend to look faintly nauseous. That's a good sign, right?

Probably just the after effects of the rohypnol.
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 27
Saying Thank You after sex
Posted: 4/15/2008 1:45:12 AM
Dark Stanley....regail?......would embelish be a more appropriate word.
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:07:26 AM
Sorry I spelt it wrong it's Regale!!
 watchyabaknewbies
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:07:27 AM
I have to say this is a great thread....
But it has dawned on me.

I have never thanked a man for sex.

Am i spose to??..god is that what i been doing wrong..
maybe i should say please to !

have any of you girly fish ever said thanks to a man for shagging you?

xmmm
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:28:35 AM
^^Well I have been thanked by women for sex (but that's hardly a supprise).

Saying please?? If you have to beg a man for sex there is seriously something wrong with your man!! You should just have to look at him with the slightest hint of hormone and he should be all over you like a rash Well that's what I've heard anyway!!
 no_bait_here
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:30:37 AM
havent acutally said thank you....

but have complimented when it was due.... the guy was shocked to say the least said it was the first time someone had done that!!... kinda wondered then oops!!!
 missmilly1970
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:36:15 AM
Not sure how to interpret that????

You would kind of expect something to follow..........

Thank you:
For a great night.
For the wild sex.
Enjoyed your company.

Maybe he spoke before he thought? It's a bit odd?

Are you going to see him again ?
 lyingcheat
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:03:43 AM
When he said 'Thank You' was he kneeling and looking toward the heavens?
 bucky140
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:12:50 AM
A thank you sounds better than'are you finnished yet'.
 hilly1971
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:15:21 AM
'Are you finished yet' sounds better then 'Is it in yet!!'
 Dark Stanley
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:19:42 AM

'Are you finished yet' sounds better then 'Is it in yet

Both of those sound so wrong I don't even know where to start
 missmilly1970
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:29:04 AM
Both sound better than "I know you're there. I can hear you breathing."
 Mainey
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:29:29 AM
My ex used to say thankyou sometimes afterwards and I did realise it was usually times when he really enjoyed it,,, so I say take it as a compliment. The first time my ex said it I thought it was a little weird, but after a few times I realised when it was being said and so from then on I took it as a compliment.
 PinayMermaid┬«
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/15/2008 3:57:23 AM
OP, Really hard to comment here - was it a one night stand, f*ck buddy, friend with benefit, partner, did you know him a long time or only 7 minutes, do you still have the same relationship with him, blah blah blah ?
His comment could have been a real nice thing to say, or totally inappropriate - depends on the context.

At the time this happened, we've only met two weeks prior and both of us were looking for LTR. But somehow, when I heard him say those words, it felt like a bucket of ice was poured down on me and numbness blanketed my whole body. To this day, I still couldn't work out why I had those feelings.

Are you going to see him again ?

No, I think he is seeing somebody now...but I figured this incident is exactly why it didn't progress to the next level - he was an absolutely wonderful guy but alarm bells just rung like mad.

Kobalt1963
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/15/2008 4:33:39 AM
MerryMermaid®, you are a very romantic and fragile girl from the sound of it.
Had a look at your profile - you brush up nicely for a Melbourne girl !
All we have to go on is you describing to us an event that was heartbreaking for you.
Assuming you are sensitive (as in fragile) and you took his 'thank you' comment as the final climax in a two week old 'LTR' - yes that is traumatic for a girl that doesnt put out for 'just friends'.
Maybe it had also to do with the fact that some girls feel in control before they put out - and after they feel very vulnerable ?
 SergeantOz
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2008 6:13:44 AM
Only worry if he hands you $50.00 and asks if you have $20.00 change after sex !!

Depends on the circumstances of course and it if was a wonderful experience shared by 2 mutually attracted adults then there should not be an issue. Perhaps he needed some wd40 as it may have been some time for him or he had issues before about letting his emotions go ?
 BionicAngel
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/16/2008 10:53:18 AM
I think we (people) say thankyou when we accept something from someone we are grateful for.

If you punched him in the nose, and he said thankyou, then I'd think that was a bit weird.

I've said it. I say thankyou when someone hands me a coffee, why the heck wouldn't I say thankyou when someone gives me an orgasm?

I always figured Thankyou means 'I give thanks for you'... it's not about what they give you.... it's about the person giving..... isn't it?

Where's Grandma?

Knitting Kitten? What's Thankyou mean???
 Brizguy_2007
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/16/2008 12:57:32 PM
BionicAngel....I'm sure I have a couple of orgasms laying around here somewhere. If you wanted to pop over I'd be happy to give you one or two and won't mind you saying thanks at all.....
 bewitched66
Msg: 44
Posted: 4/16/2008 1:41:29 PM
Fessing up....I have had thank you said to me, and I have said thank you. Not to the same people. I tried to type what it was I said thank you for, but it was too intimate for me. So you'll have to come to your own conclusions on that one. But it had to do with a (long term) partner being very sensitive towards my needs. And when it has been said to me, ( long term friend, one night stand, still really good friends, but never gone there again, by mutual consent), I think it had everything to do with giving comfort (amongst other things.)

My serious contribution to the thread. Interesting , Merry Mermaid, your reaction, now that you've explained it more fully. I'd just warn my prospectives to not ever say thank you....dunno how you do that tho! I always tell mine - don't give me flowers. (Bad things always seem to happen when they die).
 BionicAngel
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:43:31 PM
Thanks Bris.

... this site won't accept a simple thankyou either... keeps telling me I'm too short. What's height got to do with it anyway???
 missmilly1970
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:30:45 AM
You'll meet guys that are better!

You're too cute & intelligent to put up with that!

Many guys will be hanging to date you! Trust me.......... he's not that wonderful! He didn't get you!!!!!

Put him down him down to a learning experience!

There will be plenty of guys that can't wait to go out with you!!! They'll make much more of an effort and hey.............. they may even deserve you!!!

Make the most of being an amazing, attractive, intelligent gal!

Take care!
 Greg8002
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:34:06 AM
"To this day, I still couldn't work out why I had those feelings."

It might be the way he said 'thank you' implied there was a lack of emotional warmth and responsiveness in his words you were expecting to get, after having such an intimate encounter with him. Given you had sexual intimacy only two weeks after meeting it sounds like there was a powerful element of sexual attraction there in a physical sense, but not so much there emotionally. The gap between the sexual passion and the emotional side of the relationship is likely to be the point where your feelings of discomfort are coming from.
 mike at petrie
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/18/2008 6:47:26 PM
I myself say thankyou but not in those words. err....can't remember what I use to say. gee its a dry year. Maybe it was something like : Would you like breakfast in bed.
Special little touches of tenderness to show my appreciation. Next time I will say thankyou and see what happens. Can't hurt, right? I better be on my knees looking up though when I say it. Would a "hail mary" prayer help? Its just how it is said. If you felt uncomfortable after "thankyou", then it was not sincere. I could give you a much better thankyou.

Naamah my dear. I would love to see a victory dance from you anytime.
 likes_a_laugh
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:12:07 PM
Nah, I don't think a 'Thank You' is in order. It smacks of something 'given' rather than something 'shared'.

If you're inclined to give a compliment, choose something else.. like -

Hmmm, you smell nice right now...
Wow, that was great, no wonder I like (love) you so much...
That'll give me something to think about all day... or is it time again already?
 lil_mynx
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/18/2008 11:07:38 PM
i actually had a guy turn around as he was leavin and say thanx for the root..
made me feel like i just preformed a service
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > Saying "Thank You" after sex