Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Starlite444
Msg: 26
If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I agree with Mountain Lion on this.
This is a dating site and who gives a darn where his roses went!
I use mine for men and women who are celebrating birthdays.
Besides, if his roses are gone, he just hasn't noticed me yet......
 Michey63
Msg: 27
If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?
Posted: 4/17/2008 10:59:27 PM
I'm with you Xavery...I think that is an awesome idea lol. Or we could send little sea creatures....
 luvgeek
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2008 12:22:23 AM

I sent myself the roses cause no one else sends me LOL. I just think it is silly and would never be so forward to send a man a rose. I'm still a bit old fashioned, I guess.

Thanks for the idea Michey!

When I am seeing someone she should get ALL of my roses. Problem is, I am seeing someone who never had a profile, she only went to events. I can just send them to myself!

The answer to the question did I bother talking to someone who had sent their rose? Hey, you never know the real story until you ask. I was more likely to not to be messaging someone on 300 favorites lists, why bother if your mesage will likely scroll off the first page of their message list in a couple of hours?
 jetty65
Msg: 29
Posted: 4/18/2008 5:57:22 PM
They may have sent their rose off but that doesnt mean that the other person is at all interested in them.

I would still add them.
 Xavery
Msg: 30
Posted: 4/18/2008 10:36:42 PM
I don't contact many people, but now I understand what the OP means. It took a while. Actually, I have never looked at closely at that Rose feature. What if someone has no roses? Personally, I don't care, but it is an interesting thing to look at.
 *Dolores*
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:57:24 AM
Hmmmmm, there could be a new filters we can put on our profiles:
"Only users with an intact rose count may contact me"
or
"Users with only one rose may only contact me half the time"
or
"Don't contact me unless you explain why you sent a rose to that skank"

I like how POF members for some of the site functionalities are termed "users". It reminds me of that documentary, Super Size Me, with the light, moderate and heavy users..........and I think there was even a super heavy user.

POF - lite: only uses a profile
POF - moderate: uses Profile and participates in forums
POF - heavy user: uses Profile and participates in forums, takes site seriously and attends events
POF - super heavy user: a lifer
 Tyeee
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/19/2008 10:09:12 AM

POF - lite: only uses a profile
POF - moderate: uses Profile and participates in forums
POF - heavy user: uses Profile and participates in forums, takes site seriously and attends events
POF - super heavy user: a lifer

Well by these standards I'm a moderate user. If we fish in Powell River manage to arrange an event I would be considered a heavy user.

There is one classification not listed, one for those who have a profile solely to gain access to the forums (or at least so they claim).
I suggest: POF - moderate alternate: Forums only

Tyeee
 the cat came back/sponge
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/19/2008 10:17:47 AM
Just send me beer

I cant even be bothered to look to see if someone has sent a rose or not infact that thought has never crossed my mind and Im kinda surprized that someone would even check.

thats freaking halarious
 mo-mo
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/19/2008 11:54:04 AM
^^^^ Hey non smoker I just sent you a rose for your efforts.
You realize now I will have an even slimmer chance of getting a date.
C'est la Vie
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:00:59 PM
I love how people read the forum threads and respond... and not just read them

lots of great comments, from fun, serious, to seriously pissy,

and STOP sending me roses!! (not).... some folks thought I felt left out and received lots for roses this week

My reponse is... NO I will not judge you for lack of roses on your profile, but I WILL continue to look and hope that ONE day, (or night) I will receive one for the 'right' reason, lol

later, HNP (medium user of POF)
 lowflyingobject
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2008 7:31:34 PM
Having Roses or Not having them makes no difference to me... I send mine out to friends... so I guess I can't fault anyone else... same as gifts... ( and I am a POF lifer....)
 mo-mo
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/21/2008 11:47:01 AM
Of course I bother.... especially if the roses were sent to ME.
Bring em on.... Who doesn't love roses.
 durga~devi
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/21/2008 8:16:43 PM
Dolores!!!

that was the best post. I'm having a crappy moment and that really lifted my spirits!
You rock!
 Westerly gael
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/21/2008 10:51:00 PM
Mountain lion 1:
You are a doll (You all see message # 10) Thanks I like the post.
One wonderful gent I met for coffee was because he sent a rose before even meeting me, at first I was taken aback, but thanked him for the rose. I got a reply 2 days later stating he had in fact sent it by accident as button was close to the send button, he apologised for being so sloppy, and asked me not to be offended. I then replied no offence taken, but would he like to know, his mistake was something that did indeed bring a smile to my face, so he had nothing to be sorry about. Although we were not a match for each other, I lined him up with a friend, and there ya go. All is good in their world. My Friend met a wonderful guy, and I doubled my friends.
 Bisou Copacetic
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/30/2008 4:49:40 AM
A rose is a rose and it is for us to send them for whatever reason. A received a rose from a past G/F last month, it was a very nice gesture and it was much appreciated. But that is all it was, just a friend saying hello to another.

If anyone sees that I am short of a rose or two, I hope that she will not read much out of it. If so, it is her lost.

BC
 HamNPineapple
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/30/2008 7:56:07 PM
okay,,,,,, so this tells me that the rose is just a rose, people send them for more reasons then they may have been orginally intended for "Be Mine" is what the rose says

guess sometimes it means "be mine' as a friend, or accidently sent etc... I will look at roses and lack of roses differently now

curious eh?

Bisou Copacetic
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:09:38 PM
Yes, the rose is accompanied with the words, "Be mine" and I asked her if I was to read anything in this. She was quick to add, "No, just a friendly gesture".

BC
 T474T
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/30/2008 8:23:56 PM
lol i dont know anyone yet who would get a rose. I guess I am picky, lol
 Bloom10
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/1/2008 9:56:51 PM
I send roses out on purpose.
 punem264
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/2/2008 8:51:50 PM
I have received a few roses in the past, Whether it be to say hello, or if someone might interested in me. Ok, something happend here. Only ment to press the post once. I guess I got trigger happy. How embarrassing.
 punem264
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/2/2008 8:52:12 PM
Ok, I will change this post it is always nice to get noticed here with the roses. I too have sent a rose in the past to someone.
 Delarosa
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/2/2008 9:31:42 PM
I have never sent a rose.
Nor have I ever received a rose.
I guess that's why I've not received a rose.
 Entzauberung
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/10/2009 9:32:42 AM
So last night I get a message from a fishie friend.

Subject line: "Holy Crap!!! (Contains Rose)" and I see she's sent another message "OMG.... Sorry about the rose"

I decide to read the more recent message first.

The dear woman confesses she had inadvertently sent the rose quite unintentionally, wasn't even sure how she'd done it.

In fact she wanted it back.

So I wrote "She loves, she loves me not, she loves, she loves not?" and then said I'd be keeping the rose, and already it sits in my cybervase to be cherished forever.

Then I read the 'Holy Crap!" message bearing the rose.

She was commenting on my photo with the big 30 lb. salmon, was quite jealous, and wondering what kind of tackle I'd used to catch it.

Evidently she got so excited seeing the big fish in the photo she somehow managed to send a rose to me.

I admit it was nice to get the rose, even if it was unintentional. We both realize it was meant to be.

So when you are viewing profiles and notice that the person does not have both roses available to send make no assumptions as to why that might be the case.

Sometimes people get excited in this pond and you never know what might happen next.
 Runs With Wolves
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/10/2009 9:40:23 AM

I think the rose thing is silly. We should be sending one another seaweed in keeping with the site's theme.

Hahhaha – too funny!

A rose? I would rather see my name on the e-mails sent rather than the impression that it is a blanket e-mail sent to many others. So many complain about no responses and yet have no idea how to charm to the possibilities of attraction. The message is in the medium used I say – yup.

A rose? Symbolism - I guess if you cared about its meaning it would have some impact; For me roses have been associated with funerals – ummmm. Try daisies…lol
 Bella™
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/10/2009 11:15:48 AM
As long as I'm the one he's sending the chocolate to, it's all good.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?