Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 friendleebear
Msg: 51
view profile
History
If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

As long as I'm the one he's sending the chocolate to, it's all good.

Milk, Dark or White?
 Alli_oop
Msg: 52
If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?
Posted: 7/10/2009 2:29:19 PM
About being sent a rose: I don't bother. It's a bit too cheesy and creepy.
 DAKOTATRUCKCOUNTRY
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/10/2009 3:13:39 PM
"I notice that when I am scanning, (no, not stalking, lol) profiles, and I see that someone has sent out"THE ROSE" (newbies, the rose has a note attached that reads "Be Mine",
do YOU still add them? contact them?"

Well HNP, having met ya a few times, I will say, as long as they have a picture on their profile like M O S T people NORMALLY do, annnnnnnnnnd, they have an appealing profile, that is interesting to read, and I find them interesting, then ya, I would not only add them to my favorites, but also would contact them as well.

And by the way, HNP, that is a really "nice picture of YOU," probably about the "best" that I have seen of you.
 Alli_oop
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/10/2009 3:20:51 PM
one time i hit the send rose thing somehow. by accident! I felt reeeaally lame. He's like "oh, um, thanx". Had to apologize, explain myself for that bit of nasty cheese.
 DAKOTATRUCKCOUNTRY
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/10/2009 4:23:31 PM
One thing tho, IF, you DO, meet that person in real life for a date, that you sent the rose to, then make d a m n sure that you clip off those thorns, when you give her that real life single rose.

Further more, an extra added touch to that would be, to clip off most of the stalk of the rose, leaving a few inches of the stalk, of the rose left to fit into her hair.

Annnnd, it is not the money that counts, it IS, the thought that counts the most, the thought that you cared enough about her, to give her a single rose.
 oncenbluemoon
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 4:59:18 AM
If they sent a rose out of nowhere and no message, no I'm probably not going to msg them back. I mean, I might say thanks but it's just so random.
 rockondon
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2009 5:49:09 PM
Definately. They got one rose left don't they?
 Bella™
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/15/2009 1:36:19 PM
I sent a rose today, by mistake .. and now she won't give it back!

Good thing I have another
 * L *
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2009 1:41:41 PM
My 'GIRL" friend really should start sending roses to men instead of me
I'm really getting scared of her stalking me
Im thinking I might have to block her - my profiles smelling like a florist shop of roses
 Bella™
Msg: 60
Posted: 8/15/2009 1:46:38 PM
^^

Just wait until I start sending you chocolate roses

rockondon
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2009 2:04:51 PM

My 'GIRL" friend really should start sending roses to men instead of me
I'm curious about how Bella is a "GIRL" - is her gender in doubt now?
*examines Bella's pics for signs of an Adam's apple*
 Goodbye_Girl
Msg: 62
Posted: 8/15/2009 7:06:01 PM
What's a rose???
 ClassC
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 12:20:07 AM
hmmm...Ml mentioned 'stalker'...could that be a descriptor for someone that places you on their 'favorite' site(no message or communication)...then, when you check their profile, recognize no probability exists for a 'match'>>>>>>>and he only has ONE ROSE and ya didn't get it...HMMMMPPPHT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>so ya hit 'delete' so he can no longer be seen as having you as a 'favorite'....and THENNNNN....he puts ya back as a 'favorite' again........arrghh...so you hit the 'delete' again>>>>>>>>>and he puts ya back on as a 'favorite' again.........argh!!!!!!!!!So...for those of you that haven't communicated with me...my profile is currently 'OFF' because of this guy.
think I'll come to the dance next saturday, be incognito, wear a hoodie
Bother?nah..why bother
 Goodbye_Girl
Msg: 64
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:57:14 AM
At ClassC above ^^^
I have had the exact thing happen to me over several months this past year. The first time it happened, I reported it to one of the mods who gave him a warning to stop. All was fine for a while, then this month, it started happening again. This time I gave him the warning to either stop the harassment or I would report him to admin. He read the email, deleted it and so far it has stopped (again). No woman should have to put up with this.
I wonder if we are both talking about the same man
 Entzauberung
Msg: 65
Posted: 8/16/2009 10:01:40 AM
^^^
ClassC and MusicNMe

Agreed, no woman, or man, should need to put up with that kind of harassment.

If someone keeps adding you to their favorites list and you do not wish to be on their list you need only to block further messages from them. You do need a message from them in your Inbox to implement the block, so if you don't have a message you may have to write them a message to entice a response.

Once they are blocked they can no longer add you to their list.

Hope this helps.
 ClassC
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 10:12:14 AM
^^^^hmmm MnM
re:"I wonder if..." ???mod is tracking his behavior...R there MORE of 'us'???

*lissen up* fellas...giving out roses can endanger your well being!!!
some of us may NOT bother!
I prefer hugs anyhow!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > If YOU see that someone has sent a rose, do you bother?