Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sam-spade
Msg: 426
wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?Page 18 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
lol. Some lies can seal a relationship.

One of my sisters has always been selfconsious of her age, and always looked younger than she was. My brother introduced her to one of his friends (now her husband) who is 7 yrs younger. They saw each other a few times and the age thing came never came up. But my sister started to really like this guy.

The way she tells it, she was standing on the deck at his cottage one night trying to get the nerve to tell him that he was too young for her. She was sure he'd run once he found out how old she was. She was 46 and she figured he was about 35, so she just blurted it out. "I'm 46 years old." he said "So, I'm 31." lol. Apparently, he had to catch her from falling off the deck!
 OnelongleggedBlonde
Msg: 427
view profile
History
wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?
Posted: 6/12/2008 11:28:08 AM
Many people would think they are lucky to find someone who loves them and they in return love. Love doesn't come along with an age limit. If your uncomfortable with her age, she would be lucky if you walked away. You said she looked younger, well in case you haven't noticed. The trend is a younger guy with an older women. Why did she lie? Maybe she could tell you were not comfortable with her age. I "lied" one time, I came clean shortly into the relationship, he was fine with it. Guess he was there because of me, not what others might think of him being with a women older than him. I am sure you know the term MILF well I think you found one and she won't be alone long. You hold yourself up pretty high, you have NEVER lied? If you were less than honest did you want to be forgiven? If not, toss her out the next man will love her too.
 Zeonlyone
Msg: 428
Posted: 6/12/2008 2:30:21 PM
At the start if you new then for me age would have been no big deal. But the lying yeah big deal. Sorry but were old enough now to know better. By know we know it hurts. Look how long she new and loved you so much not to tell you. Something to really think about..
 Mr. Happy, PE
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:14:40 PM
A woman who lies about her age is misrepresenting a material fact. She is perpetrating a fraud. If she lies about her age she can and will lie about other serious facts about herself.

Do you really want to be in a relationship with a liar wondering whether she is telling the truth about being "out with the girls", how much she is spending, and so on?
 Bikeman_
Msg: 430
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:26:23 PM
The trend is a younger guy with an older women.
Some people aren't influenced by trends. This isn't a "trend" anyway; it's sort of being promoted by the entertainment industry, it's basically a distorted feel-good story to sell to older women.

If you were less than honest did you want to be forgiven? If not, toss her out the next man will love her too.
I can't see any guy "loving" a woman who lied when answering basic fundamental questions. At best a guy will "tolerate" her.
 sam-spade
Msg: 431
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:59:08 PM

A woman who lies about her age is misrepresenting a material fact. She is perpetrating a fraud. If she lies about her age she can and will lie about other serious facts about herself.

Do you really want to be in a relationship with a liar wondering whether she is telling the truth about being "out with the girls", how much she is spending, and so on?
Oh lighten up guys.

I wouldn't give two shits if a woman lies about her age unless it's warped.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 432
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:08:36 PM

t is extremely rare for a person to lie about one subject, and one subject only, and to be completely truthful about everything else.

So how about if a guy lies about his height? What if he says he is 5' 9" and you are 5' 6"--when you meet him, you wear three inch heels and tower over him like an Amazon.

Once a liar, always a liar?
 lucela
Msg: 433
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:09:20 PM
u honestly have to ask yourself do you love her any less because of this? The lying is a major deal breaker but in my eyes it is over something petty, eight years is nothing in the grand scheme of things. She possibly felt she had to lie, maybe she liked you that much that she was scared to tell the truth in case you werent interested or she felt insecure about her age. At the end of the day she loves you and you love her and that should be enough x
 sunspots457
Msg: 434
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:18:40 PM
It depends on how entertaining it will be to listen to more of her BS during the rest of the date...... but these days mostly... if someone from online has misrepresented themselves... I will just say never mind and split.
 ausjen
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:21:03 PM
After looking at your profile "the fact that you miss having someone in your life " then maybe your not that honest either . Wonder how your fiance would feel about your profile on POF ?
 irishmckenna
Msg: 436
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:24:07 PM
If she lied about her age she is most likely telling you lies about a lot of things! I would run if I were you.
 sunshinenrain12005
Msg: 437
what if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:27:35 PM
I would say.....do not continue. If she felt she had to lie about her age, what else is she lying about? Sorry. to me it would be a deal breaker. But....You have to do what you feel is best.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 438
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:49:01 PM

So how about if a guy lies about his height? What if he says he is 5' 9" and you are 5' 6"--when you meet him, you wear three inch heels and tower over him like an Amazon.
That's a different scenario than what was presented here in this thread. The OP's lady misrepresented her age for 1 1/2 years, six months of which were during engagement. Of course a lady can exercise height prejudice if a guy lies about his height and she notes upon meeting that he is shorter than her "requirements". One professed early white lie is one thing--perpetuated lie is different issue.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 439
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:03:37 PM

One professed early white lie is one thing--perpetuated lie is different issue.

Ah, I see--there are graduations of lies. Gotcha. If a man lies about his height, OF COURSE he wouldn't lie about anything else.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 440
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:38:02 PM
When I was 30, I dated a woman who stated she was single when she really was divorced. That's a white lie. She was concerned a 30 year old guy didn't want to get involved with a divorcee. She told me this on our 2nd date. I dismissed it and requested that she need not hide facts like this from me, I liked her for who she was right now. It's not a graduation of lies, it's a matter of effectively communicating what one's dealbreakers are, and giving someone an opportunity to change, looking for a different behavior pattern. I was flattered that after that 2nd date, we shared lots of great thoughts and great times with each other on subsequent dates. The guy who lies about his height likely does that because he experiences lots of knee-jerk rejection; still that's not a great strategy for a shorter than average guy. He likely isn't going to get much further than a 1st date with that misrepresentation. Without somebody doing a background check or rifling through one's personal belongings, it's lots easier for a person to deceive their partner about their age well past a first date, in this instance for 1 1/2 years and six months of engagement.
 lisafine
Msg: 441
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:07:03 PM
Her real age in itself doesn't change her as the person you fell in love with, what's changed is your perception or image of who you think she is.
Or maybe who you wanted her to be.
She found herself trapped in her lie about her age. She sensed early on your potential disapproval of her white lie, as time went by the truth became harder to admit to.
No doubt many hints were dropped which showed her what your reaction to her lie would be when it came to light, which prevented her from admitting she'd knocked several years off her age.
Your reaction when she finally did confess is predictable. She knew and expected to be dumped and she was.
So why post on here, you obviously got the result you were hoping for.
 tick tock
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:38:59 PM
Why are all the old...sorry, older women on here so defensive about this topic. The poster above makes a lot of ASSumptions. Perhaps, like many women, she is insecure about her age and chose to lie right off the bat and then got stuck in a lie because she lacks moral character.
 texastigress
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:57:12 PM
I have a big issue with lying all together. I met a jerk on here in March who claimed to be 51 years old - I'm 46. We "dated" for just over 2 months and I found out that he lied about his age via the Internet. Ah, the Internet...such a marvelous invention. We haven't been seeing one another since the end of March - he dumped me for someone he met on here who dumped him before he started seeing me. I was the "rebound" girlfriend. While he was dumping me, I confronted him about his age and he said that he did it because he looked and felt younger - feel younger I can see, look younger, I don't think so. He had that crepey, elderly skin - he shouldn't have that type of skin at the age of 51 - I know plenty of men around that age and their skin isn't like that. I'm pretty sure that he was over the age of 60 or almost 60 - this is per the site I found his information on. He didn't tell me what his true age was. I really didn't have an issue with his age - it was the lying. (He calls them "white lies".) So the point is that, once they lie about one thing, it makes you wonder what else they lied or will lie to you about. BTW, he's a part-time actor and NO ONE trusts them!
 plebayo
Msg: 444
Posted: 6/12/2008 10:35:02 PM
The issue I have would not be the fact she fibbed about her age, because obviously the age thing doesn't matter because you didn't realize how old she really was.

What bothers me is the lie.

It's one thing to lie about it... like maybe for a week or something, testing the waters and what not and then come clean. But she waited a long time [till your proposal or marriage?] that's too dang long.

If she lied about that, was else has she lied about? What else is she waiting to tell you?
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 445
Posted: 6/13/2008 12:04:02 AM
Yikes. I've learned that if a person lies about one issue, especially a major one like that, it calls everything they say or have said into question. I'd be walking away from that one.
 ROSE AMONGST THORNS
Msg: 446
Posted: 6/13/2008 7:06:01 AM
Age is literally a number EXAMPLE: girl meets a guy who is 25 she adores him and he adores her she is only say 19 she says she is 22 I MEAN C'MON IF LYING ABOUT AGE IS THE ONLY THING YOU GOTTA WORRY ABOUT DON'T STRESS!!!.... could be alot worse it's when they lie about where they have been who they been with that is the concern so if it is only a lil few years she/he probably only lied to be with you as they knew you may think different it doesn't change how people feel towards one another as long as it aint no pedofile type shiet then go for it if it is only like 5 years who knows you could be with your future wife/husband YOU WILLING TO LOSE THAT?????? go for it sus it all out make sure that's the only thing they lied about and if the feelings strong make it work and make it official when the time is right thats just how I would act in this situation don't take my advice personally as my advice has only landed me with immature silly cheating girls do what you want

I truly hope all of our advices are usefull and you choose a result that bests suits you both....

OBSENE.....
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 447
Posted: 6/13/2008 9:50:44 AM
Lies---people have different viewpoints but the bottom line is if someone feels the need to lie to you before they met you...then they have issues they should resolve.

Met a man on here who said he was in his early 50's. His yahoo profile had him at 61 when I asked all at once I became the bad guy..the usual POF had messed up his age and then he couldnt change it.

Then he said that some people wont consider you if you are in your sixties, Well isnt that their right? If someone wants to limit their possibility to finding someone by age....then to me it is their right to be shallow. Sometimes you can forget you are a year older etc...but this guy was 8 years older, we spend 20 min one night after he brought up the subject of people being older than their pictures..he was telling me how the pictures were within the last year. He is a good example about how if they lie about age then they will keep lying to you. He said he was new to the site and wasnt sure he liked it, that he hadnt met anyone. A few days after the age thing this woman posted a testimonial about what a great kisser he was.

I met another man, outdated picture who said he was 57, but the more I talked to him the older he sound, his taste in music, age of his son (43) etc. then he made up a myspace profile and listed his age as 55, when I asked him he said it was just age and didnt matter..if someone will lie about a FACT, age, height, maritial status...they will lie about anything, imagine what they will say about how they feel!

I just dont understand the concept of trying to rope someone in with lies...if you met the person and like them you will always be torn about their honesty. I cant imagine how it would feel to met someone and then have them not like you based not on what you lied about but the fact you lied, lies would seem to be counterproductive.
 Stajieenikkie
Msg: 448
Posted: 6/13/2008 10:50:18 AM
Age is just a number!!!

U must love her to propose to her.

I think u can love and embrace that shes older than you are.

When I was 14 I told a guy I was 18 it really blew up in my face but we stayed together for 3 years.

Now looking back Im going to be 22 and hes going to be 29 this year it doesnt seem to matter as much.

Im usually with guys 7-10 years older it doesnt affect much.
 Joe33647
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2008 2:20:03 PM
I married my x in 1980 thinking she was one year older then I was. As time went on questions would come up, drivers license, passports, etc. Finally she admitted being eight years older. For me, the actual number wasn't nearly as important as the lie. If a person would lie about something so trivial, do you really want to hitch your wagon to them for life not knowing what other lies might come?
 easyoneverything
Msg: 450
Posted: 6/13/2008 4:40:41 PM
How long were you married? What else did she lie about? Was it important?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > wat if she lied about age....... do you continue anyway?