Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Gas Price increase. What do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 climbsagain
Msg: 226
Gas Price increase. What do you think?Page 10 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
it was all based on smoke, mirrors & speculation... the smartest men in the room!

In the end it was American greed that cooked the books and produced nothing. American greed is killing the American dream. Face it.............if there is a buck to be made ....greed will find its way into the formula................question beyond the issue of oil prices is the question of what everyone can do to help each other ?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Gas Price increase. What do you think?
Posted: 5/14/2009 1:55:55 PM

question beyond the issue of oil prices is the question of what everyone can do to help each other ?

Dunno Climbs, can you help make me filthy rich??
 DesertFox3
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 10:01:54 AM
Well, looks like the greedy **stards that tanked the economy last year are at their shenanigans again.... & I can imagine the government will stand by and watch again too.... untill it's too late.
 climbsagain
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/31/2009 12:24:24 PM
Well, looks like the greedy **stards that tanked the economy last year are at their shenanigans again.... & I can imagine the government will stand by and watch again too.... untill it's too late.

It appears the speculators are at it again. The already weak economy just can't take this again!
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/31/2009 1:26:29 PM
Yea it's about that time of year again when we will be getting all those well written e-mails asking us join in the gas boycotts as if they would really work. Now if the alternative fuel folks would invent a fuel system that runs on bullshyte we could place a refinery in D.C. and the worlds energy crisis would be a thing of the past.
 climbsagain
Msg: 231
Posted: 5/31/2009 5:28:01 PM
We all complain about the gas prices, question is what do you we do about it? I drive smarter. No wasted trips, plan my trips and drive smart. I have cut back a great deal. Everyone do your part. This is not meant to insult, rather it is meant to inspire. We can win and beat high gas prices!
 ColsBigfut
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2009 6:24:54 PM
Well, lets see there is always what the Arab nations run on that we have yet to switch to- natural gas. Lets also forget there are alot of other nations that use natural gas in Europe as well, but its not a viable alternative. So lets dump alot of money into researching pie in the sky theories of possibilities and ignore the obvious option. After all, vehicles typically run on gas thats less refined or not able to be piped due to its impurities.

Right now we have gas prices that keep rising despite the cost of oil staying the same or dropping. Despite what they say about speculation and all, the gas usage is still down from even 2006. But as long as people buy the gas and other items at the convenience store, the gas companies wont be effected. But yeah, lets boycott the gas they don't make any money on the retail end of sale. BUT, lets continue to buy the food and drink they make gratuitous amounts of money on ....
 climbsagain
Msg: 233
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:14:08 PM
So lets dump alot of money into researching pie in the sky theories of possibilities and ignore the obvious option. After all, vehicles typically run on gas thats less refined or not able to be piped due to its impurities.

The pie in the sky theories are?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2009 2:49:44 PM

The pie in the sky theories are?

Revive the GM EV1 Impact (That was marketed by Saturn)... 80 miles on a charge, faster acceleration than a Vette... oh wait, that would be so Un-American!

climbsagain
Msg: 235
Posted: 6/2/2009 3:10:30 PM
Revive the GM EV1 Impact (That was marketed by Saturn)... 80 miles on a charge, faster acceleration than a Vette... oh wait, that would be so Un-American!

Good idea that needs to continue in future cars! This is not pie in the sky.
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 236
Posted: 6/2/2009 7:03:00 PM
See if the average moron american consumer actually looked at how long it has taken us to get to just the point of having cars that get 30 and 40 MPG they would realise that it will take time to get these electric vehicles to go further on a charge also. As long as they keep their heqads buried in the sand then the car companies are not gonna spend the money on researching something that doesn't have huge consumer demand. What is needed is a car company that is focused solely on that technology and just make it work and make it affordable.
 climbsagain
Msg: 237
Posted: 6/3/2009 4:01:44 AM
What is needed is a car company that is focused solely on that technology and just make it work and make it affordable.

Instead of waiting for some company to rescue us we could begin by using less gas. Slowing down would be a goof idea. Think of all the gas that is used by fish going all over the state to parties? Good use of resources....to drink and dance....drink and dance our resources away.
 CEO of Hoagie Inc.
Msg: 238
Posted: 6/3/2009 8:22:09 AM

Instead of waiting for some company to rescue us we could begin by using less gas. ...Think of all the gas that is used by fish going all over the state to parties? Good use of resources....to drink and dance....drink and dance our resources away.

Which is why a lot of them car pool. Just as insane an idea would be to drive all the way to KY just to climb some rocks, but I won't pass judgement.
 climbsagain
Msg: 239
Posted: 6/3/2009 6:36:20 PM
Which is why a lot of them car pool. Just as insane an idea would be to drive all the way to KY just to climb some rocks, but I won't pass judgement.

We carpool to climbing.....not to pass judgment. The only way to go!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 8:45:24 AM

What is needed is a car company that is focused solely on that technology and just make it work and make it affordable.

Think Roger Penske has the answer? I was reading more yesterday on the EV1 again that was leased to customers at $350/month, supposevely GM lost money as the battery packs were expensive... now that was over 10 years ago, & they had the technology to get 80 miles per charge, this should be economically feasable & affordable today.

Why does the Volt only get up to 40 miles per charge, & needs a 1.6L gas engine to recharge the batteries? Remember the Chevette had a 1.6L.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 8:47:46 AM
I can't understand why one wants to drive clear across the state for events either, other that there is none in our own back yard. Look at the delapilated condition of our roads here, absolute worst in the country.

Gas will go up to $3 gal but not much higher... how do they know this?
 climbsagain
Msg: 242
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:35:36 AM
Just the facts please. read carefully. This information in that of truck drivers that know the roads, nation wide. Notice what they say about roads in Ohio.

Truck drivers rank highway conditions

Dec 16, 2005 9:20 AM

For the second consecutive year and the fifth time in a decade, truckers say Pennsylvania has the worst roads in the country, according to the annual Highway Report Card survey conducted by Overdrive magazine.

Among the chief complaints: the conditions of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-78 and I-80, and poor signage.

For the second year in a row, the Lone Star State shines with the best roads.

The survey also the covers automobile driver performance. Roughly two-thirds of respondents say road rage increased during the past year, with 36 percent calling the jump significant. The worst automobile drivers are in California, followed by Illinois and New York.

When it comes to safety, survey participants reasserted findings from years past--California has the nation's toughest truck inspections, while Alabama has the most lax.

California is well-known for its laws regarding trucking, including tough anti-idling penalties.

More than 37 percent of respondents placed California tops on inspections; Ohio came in second with eight percent of participants calling it the toughest state.

Alabama, on the other hand, has experienced a shortage of state troopers for several years.

More than 300 Overdrive readers responded to the Highway Report Card survey in fall 2005. About 27 percent of respondents deliver in all 48 states, and 57 percent report 21 years or more in the industry.

The complete report appears in Overdrive's December issue.

The report card listed states with worst roads as Pennsylvania, Missouri, Louisiana, Michigan, and California.

Best roads were in Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, Nevada, and Virginia.

Worst highways were I-10 in Louisiana, I-44 in Missouri, I-95 in New York.

Best highways were I-75 in Florida, I-40 in Tennessee, and I-10 in Texas.

Most improved highways were I-40 in Arkansas, I-80 in Pennsylvania, and I-30 in Arkansas.

Worst automobile drivers were found in California, Illinois, and New York.
Get Copyright ClearanceWant to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2009 Penton Media Inc.
Of Interest

* Bulk Transporter Photo Galleries
* Tank Equipment For Sale
* Events calendar
* Buyer's Guide
* Transload Directory

advertisement

Popular Pages

* Subscribe to Bulk Transporter
* Bulk Transporter News Archive
* Tank Cleaning Directory
* Trucking jobs and employment
* Hurricane Ike Photo Gallery

advertisement
Penton Media - Modern Bulk Transporter, Click Here!

Ads by Google
Vogel Safety & Risk, Inc.

Safety Consulting for the USA Audits-Programs-Supplies-Training

www.vogelsafety.com
Road safety

How's My Driving 24 hr Live Service Cut Accident Rates & Save Money.

www.SafetyAlert.com
Reflective Safety Vests

Competitive prices quality delivery Safety Vests You Can Trust. Buy Now

www.safetydepot.com

Carefully read where the best roads are? Ohio is mentioned there.

Just the facts!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:00:40 AM

Carefully read where the best roads are? Ohio is mentioned there.

Have you been driving on Ohio 2 in Central Lake County recently??

That report was from 2005, but nevertheless they were poor way before then, I used to occasional;ly go on the road every so often in the mid late 90's, always dreaded Ohio, unsure if it's the processes used, the extreme temp changes, or the overuse of corrosives... I had 3 sets of ball joints on one of my vehicles within 4 years, last year I snapped a brand new shock mount, after replacking the broken shocks & stabilizer bars.... all due to our axle breaking potholes.... not to mention the nemerous wheel bearings which are no longer cheap to replace I'm unsure what is going on in Columbus & Cincy, though I'm sure they are taking the most of the E-Check hostage fed moneys for their infostructure, perhaps they are not having the problems we are having up here.

Years back I-26, out of Spartanburg, going through Columbia to Charleston was always a favorite of mine!... never construction that I had seen & always well kept!
 climbsagain
Msg: 244
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:43:51 AM
I had 3 sets of ball joints on one of my vehicles within 4 years, last year I snapped a brand new shock mount, after replacking the broken shocks & stabilizer bars.... all due to our axle breaking potholes.... not to mention the nemerous wheel bearings which are no longer cheap to replace I'm unsure what is going on in Columbus & Cincy, though I'm sure they are taking the most of the E-Check hostage fed moneys for their infostructure, perhaps they are not having the problems we are having up here.

Ohio companies offer wonderful programs where people learn to drive safely. You can't spend enough on safe driving skills.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:35:58 PM

Ohio companies offer wonderful programs where people learn to drive safely. You can't spend enough on safe driving skills.

Huh, where?? I'd settle for a ban on driving with cell phones, almost bought it in a crossover last week, the person was on the phone.
 climbsagain
Msg: 246
Posted: 6/7/2009 6:00:51 PM
Huh, where?? I'd settle for a ban on driving with cell phones, almost bought it in a crossover last week, the person was on the phone.

There is another issue...serious just the same. Had a young lady back in car out in front of me. I missed her car, she did not even notice what she had done. She was on the phone. What a shame!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2009 9:12:15 PM
Not a shame climbs that's the way it is, & likely it will be your fault in an accident too. The real shame is we have to watch out for these idiots.
 wildbill5891
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:42:45 PM
Well someone correct me but I don't think " George Bush and his oil buddies" are in
charge anymore. So why has the price of oil doubled in 6 mths !!
 climbsagain
Msg: 249
Posted: 6/11/2009 4:56:28 PM
Well someone correct me but I don't think " George Bush and his oil buddies" are in
charge anymore. So why has the price of oil doubled in 6 mths !! the oil speculators are buying up oil and hoping to run the price up again. What they are doing is legal. No laws being broken. The free market at work. Besides the country continues to use oil like its cheap. We consume and someone will try to make a buck. perhaps we need to consume less. No, lets just throw it away. remember that next time you race down the freeway as if its a right!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 250
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2009 9:50:33 AM

Well someone correct me but I don't think " George Bush and his oil buddies" are in charge anymore. So why has the price of oil doubled in 6 mths !!

In a way he still is, & at least he has his buddies in high places, I'm sure Obama will be cohersed to play ball with them.

The Speculators at it again, in it for the short term greed, & preventing the one thing that they actually want, the recovery of the economy.

Strange...
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Gas Price increase. What do you think?