Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Gas Price increase. What do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DesertFox3
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Gas Price increase. What do you think?Page 12 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I have a couple of window fans, but somewhat hesitant to use these as I may not get my pisspoor replacement windows to open, let alone shut!

I also have ceiling fans in just about every room.
 climbsagain
Msg: 277
Gas Price increase. What do you think?
Posted: 7/23/2009 10:22:34 AM
Time to pick a window to replace that will make an impact DF. Really pick one window. There are enough talented folks here including myself that would help you install the window to make your life better. really.really!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2009 12:48:49 AM
Are you in the business?? Was reading about the incentive earlier, not really worth the effort for the deduction, windows are custom, ya really can't buy off the rack.

Do need them though, I'm still able to open 3 windows in here.
 dancinqween
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 6:07:17 AM
Gas prices affect everything and EVERYBODY! When gas prices increase, the cost of shipping goods ( or delivery fees) will affect the orders we place for all of our ordered goods = as well as the prices for groceries (which have to be delivered to the stores) the tasi and bus fares, airline fares, etc. I am getting very frustated - I drive to work on the West side for the east side everyday

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We will find all prices increasing EXCEPT the paycheck. More of us are being laid off everyday and we see no end in sight. The best we can do is WALK more, go Bike riding ( until winter sets in) and carpooling as much as possible.

If anyone else has any tips, let everyone know!
 climbsagain
Msg: 280
Posted: 8/14/2009 5:49:02 PM
I think we were lucky this summer regarding the price of gasoline. of course with the economy in the tank.no pun intended it is no wonder that gas prices are low. I have no idea whay heating oil is going for........ .not that Ohio is a big market.
 wideband
Msg: 281
Posted: 8/14/2009 10:01:42 PM
With the exception of that weird imbalance back in June, we've had decent prices here in Toledo all summer long. It's shot up to about $2.50 about three weeks ago and has remained there, but that's still not that bad.
 diamond_in_oahu
Msg: 282
Posted: 8/15/2009 1:14:48 AM
All the money from oil the arabs make, we have oil too, but either too lazy or to stupid to get to it, alternative fuel sources should and must be implmented in my opinion. Saw a car on the new the other day that supposedly got 240 miles to the gallon, the car actually looked pretty nice, but I'm sure only the people who don't care about the cost of gas can afford one. How stupid is that?
 climbsagain
Msg: 283
Posted: 8/15/2009 4:29:32 AM
" All the money from oil the Arabs make"

You mean the middle Eastern countries that have had to contend with constant intrusions from the western Democratic countries...Oh yes the United States? Not to mention we import more oil from Canada than from the Middle east.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2009 1:32:46 PM

This is just the tip of the iceberg. We will find all prices increasing EXCEPT the paycheck. More of us are being laid off everyday and we see no end in sight. The best we can do is WALK more, go Bike riding ( until winter sets in) and carpooling as much as possible.

Correction, the upper echelon's checks are increrasing... mine & most I know have gone down.
 climbsagain
Msg: 285
Posted: 8/16/2009 6:41:10 AM
" correction, the upper echelon's checks are increasing... mine & most I know have gone down."

Interesting how I have read numerous comments in the various threads about the greatness of the United States. In fact I hear it in the town hall meetings on CNN regarding the medical insurance issue. Where are the great Americans at the top? Were there ever great Americans' at the top? Just another piece of American folk lore that has been romanticized in the movies?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:49:14 PM
The bottom line on this is it is just going to widen the gap between the wealthy & the poor, this is what 'they' wanted anyway.
 scottyboyoh
Msg: 287
Posted: 8/20/2009 10:48:07 PM
yes it does need to be adressed most likely with hybride cars and electric cars but from my point of veiw sence im passionat about cars and truck is i just wana keep mycar on gas
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Gas Price increase. What do you think?