Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Gas Price increase. What do you think?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 climbsagain
Msg: 176
Gas Price increase. What do you think?Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
No Conspiracy here. The real profit to dealerships for many years is the service department, fixing everything that goes wrong under the hood. The electric car has fewer parts to breakdown and thus the maintence is far less profitable for the automakers. No money in fixing the electric car if it does not break down? GM and Ford did not want to go down that path and thus GM bet that the competition would not invest the momey into the technology.
 Diesel66
Msg: 177
Gas Price increase. What do you think?
Posted: 11/21/2008 5:28:07 AM
All I can say is when it only took $25.50 to fill up my suv this a.m. I was Gas finally got below $2 down here. Only paid $1.86 this morning... yeah I know north of here is even cheaper.

with the electric cars though, how much electric does it take to charge it? can we then afford our electric bills?
 Wavfact
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 7:22:18 AM
Gas is $1.65 a gallon here which is great! Aviation Fuel (which isn't a whole lot different than Gas) is still $5 a gallon!
 trulywishing2006
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2008 2:56:50 PM
Wow! I started this forum back in May and I'm surprised to see that it is still going! Isn't it amazing how things have changed in the last 6 months! I'm glad the gas prices finally went down. I haven't seen it this low in years and I wonder how long it will last.
Oh Well, I really don't have to worry about it so much anymore. I am now working from home so I don't have to worry about filling up my gas tank!
 racefan529
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:45:23 AM
$1.48 last night.

Dennis, what do you get per gallon in that thing?
 climbsagain
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/26/2008 7:19:29 AM
It is great that gas prices are low. At he same time with the economy about to fall off a cliff I wonder what good low gas prices will be for individuals out of work and unable to keep the repo man from driving off with the car filled with cheap gas.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2008 5:04:52 PM

wonder what good low gas prices will be for individuals out of work and unable to keep the repo man from driving off with the car filled with cheap gas.

I seldom had been seeing my needle above the halfway mark in the past 2 years, not for the reason of repossesion, I just don't want to leave the cars with a full tank of gas when they break down, The gas was worth almost more than the car!
 climbsagain
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/30/2008 4:22:05 AM
Why would you put gas in the car if it is such a risk? Can't help but ask? Sounds like the true value in this car is not the money saved at the gas pump, rather the few bucks earned at the junk yard? Perhaps a bike is the way to go?
 Wavfact
Msg: 184
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 5:11:32 AM
Racefan, I burn 9.5 gallons an hour.

Funny reading cnn the other day, ther Saudi's are pissed that the price of oil is so low! They think $75 is a fair price per barrel! So they requested an emergency meeting with OPEC to discuss dropping production in order to create a shortage so the prices will go back up. But for once OPEC sided with us and said no to the request yesterday.

I guess they got use to making huge profits when the price was up there and now greed seems to have set in.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 185
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 3:32:28 PM

Sounds like the true value in this car is not the money saved at the gas pump, rather the few bucks earned at the junk yard? Perhaps a bike is the way to go?

Just the cost of repairs exceed the trade value of both the vehicles, plus the non important & costly repairs mandated by Ohio's E-Check program, I may has well burn my money there.

A bike?? not through a foot of show & on certain roads would be suicide here, especially with the inattentave drivers that drive & dial!
 climbsagain
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/30/2008 4:34:28 PM
DF...............I have driven vechiles that many considered to be junk....yet the junk passed the test. I wonder why you cannot manage to buy junk as I did that can pass the test? At first I thought you just had bad luck. Now I wonder? It is almost as if you want bad luck? Ever think of setting your sights higher? Ever consider doing something to climb out of your funk? Is it that difficult to realize that if the way you have been dealing is not working, that it is time to change? Is this just for attention? If so............. is this the way you want people to see you? Is this how you want people to remember you? The guy that just gave up! By the way we all know you have issues with e-check..... get over it and move on..................is it worth wasting away with the life you could enjoy?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 3:59:59 PM
...............I have driven vechiles that many considered to be junk....yet the junk passed the test. I wonder why you cannot manage to buy junk as I did that can pass the test?

Climbs, when a car is only driven 20-30 miles a week, or sits for long periods it will NOT pass. For me to drive needlessly 30-40 miles a day is just plain stupid....

I would have no problem keeping up necessary safety repairs if I didn't have to worry about the costly ones that are mandated that are really meaningless. For me to buy a nicer newer vehicle, it would only get keyed or hit where I work, attacked by the salt truck, so why bother... at least I know where the current vehicles I own have been (not to mention the repo man will not be taking a second look at them).

I think Franklin County ought to join us to help clean out that 'smog' in the Hocking valley.

& Climbs, some people are magnetic, & others levitate to them, I am not one of those people no matter what, & as far as being the center of attention, I think a few others here have that market cornered! ;)

Enjoy life?? right! too many obstacles.. (oh if you only knew!)

Back on topic, I wonder if the Terrific Trio showed up in Washington today in their hybrids?

climbsagain
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/2/2008 6:04:19 PM
Just a thought.....but if you only drive a car 20-30 miles in a week why would you own a car? Why not take the cab? Eliminate you car insurance, car repairs, get rid of your junk. You have no friends or family and never go anywhere. Why own a car? I wonder if you just enjoy complaining about your cars? In fact it appears you just enjoy complaining?
 DesertFox3
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 7:22:05 AM
Cabs aren't as reliable & would give up half days pay just to ride to work & back?? + Tip.... oh that was another topic.

It was kind of like being in Vegas, & having to tip $10 just to get the car out to run up to the grocery store.

Well call me Oscar the Grouch!

I prefer to think of myself as a 'realist'.
 climbsagain
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/4/2008 3:03:31 PM
Interesting how DF has a problem with all suggestions yet had no solutions himself. So DF what you are saying is if the state stoped the e-check that your cars would suddenly be relaible and safe and you would be happy. Or once again you would find some way to complain.
 TolRikEdo
Msg: 191
Posted: 12/4/2008 4:13:09 PM
Won't catch me complaining. Gas here in T Town was $1.59 today in some places. Lately I've had to do a bit more driving all around the great state of Ohio. Can't say how long this low pricing will last but while it's a reality I'm smiling...
 joannemeow
Msg: 192
Posted: 12/8/2008 3:30:08 AM
gas in michigan i've seen for $1.53 and as low as $1.48. i have been grocery shopping at kroger. if you spend $750 in a month you can get four fill-ups in the following month for 50 cents off per gallon!! well, last month i spent that, then they had a special this month of 10 extra cents off a gallon. i paid 95 cents a gallon on saturday!
jo
 climbsagain
Msg: 193
Posted: 12/8/2008 3:42:12 PM
Shopping at Giant Eagle I realized I earned more bonus points than it cost for a gallon of gas. Filled up the tank for free plus another 17 gallons in the gas cans. 30 gallons of free gas. Remember cheap thrills are the best and last longer.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 194
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 2:54:03 AM
Shopping at Giant Eagle I realized I earned more bonus points than it cost for a gallon of gas. Filled up the tank for free plus another 17 gallons in the gas cans. 30 gallons of free gas.

How does a single person shop that much in 90 days?? All 'Ive been able to save is .10 a gallon on the rolling 90 day window GE gives. All in all my GE grocery bill (If I only shopped there) would be higher, the money I save elsewhere would pay for the gas. There really needs to be some competition in this area since Topps left.

Interesting how DF has a problem with all suggestions yet had no solutions himself. So DF what you are saying is if the state stoped the e-check that your cars would suddenly be relaible and safe and you would be happy. .

No, but I'd be able to channel the money into necessary safety maintence repairs instead of letting them go.
 climbsagain
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/23/2009 7:01:17 PM
Shopping at Giant Eagle I realized I earned more bonus points than it cost for a gallon of gas. Filled up the tank for free plus another 17 gallons in the gas cans. 30 gallons of free gas.

How does a single person shop that much in 90 days??

Funny how I get hungry again each day no matter how much I ate the day before. The Eagle by me runs specials where you can earn 20 cents shopping late sunday night. Just have to be on top of your game .
 DesertFox3
Msg: 196
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 7:30:07 AM
$100 earns you 10 cents discount a gallon? Unless you have a tape worm & live in close proximity to GE I just don't get it.

I can eat on $20 a week, believe me I can do it & I don't starve.... I'm on top of MY game!
 climbsagain
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/24/2009 12:18:55 PM
$100 earns you 10 cents discount a gallon? Unless you have a tape worm & live in close proximity to GE I just don't get it.

I can eat on $20 a week, believe me I can do it & I don't starve.... I'm on top of MY game!

50 dollars earns 10 cents. I shop when there are the 20 cent specials. They do this often at the Garfield Hts store. I can spend 50 dollars a week no problem. Also if you buy gift cards to shop at stores where you normally shop you receive 20 cents per 50 dollars. You have to be creative to make it work. But it can and does work if you want to save money.
 DesertFox3
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 12:49:00 PM
Sounds too confusing to me, & there is a 90 day rolling window, I likely don't spend $50 within 90 days at GE.... a couple times I did & had to use that discount before it expired.... whole dime a gallon discount.
 summer_magic
Msg: 199
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:53:40 PM
OMG, you two sound like children. Everywhere I go, you two are arguing. Grow up.
 climbsagain
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:03:16 PM
OMG, you two sound like children. Everywhere I go, you two are arguing. Grow up.

Just trying to help my fellow man. Can never have to much help in this life time. Thank you for your helpful hint . Very instructional as well as helpful. Thank you very much.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Gas Price increase. What do you think?