Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Do you do drugs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EndThisDance
Msg: 1
Do you do drugs?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I am just curious.
Has anyone EVER answered YES to this??? I mean, really... Would somebody on a dating site actually say "Why yes, I do drugs, but WHY can I not find anyone for me??"

Put down the pipe and think about it for a second.
 VainH
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 12:18:53 AM
Better to say yes and be honest up front than to say no and be found a liar later.
 Leeanne
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 5:06:57 AM
Anyone who would proudly say they do drugs on a world wide dating site should be ready to pay the consequences! Hopefully they love themselves - because they will be alone at the end of their life!
 Not_a_FAT_Slob
Msg: 4
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 7:52:31 AM

I am just curious.
Has anyone EVER answered YES to this??? I mean, really... Would somebody on a dating site actually say "Why yes, I do drugs, but WHY can I not find anyone for me??"

Put down the pipe and think about it for a second

There are some of them that do tell the truth. It is for their benefit. There are members who are either current users or they tolerate that lifestyle who may be good matches for them.

I am not one of them though.
 nascar3fan
Msg: 5
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 8:33:03 AM
Anyone who takes Tylenol does drugs. However; pot isn't drug. It's a herb. Ironic.

I also like the do you drink question. No stipulation it has to be alcohol.

I've seen lots of people answer yes where everyone should.

I'd like to remove those questions and add one that says: Rehab? Choices: In it, successful recovery, for quitters, abstainer, no addictive gene, or in denial.
 kiddingmyself
Msg: 6
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 9:38:34 AM
Coffee is a drug. Aspirin is a drug. Tylenol is a drug that your body can't actually break down and causes damage if abused. Alchohol is a drug.

We aren't going to start another stupid thread about this again are we?

To each his own.

I have the balls to say I smoke pot. I don't hide behind some veiled excuse to justify my occasional use.
We may as well have a question that says do you shop?
Do you speed in your car for no apparent reason and risk endangering the lives of others?
 Lou_Bear
Msg: 7
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 12:11:12 PM
When I was still wet behind the ears--exploration of different things was always a passion, and drugs were to be explored. Now that I am older and hopefully somewhat wiser, I don't explore them....they hold no mystery.

However,,,,brandy and wine are still sipped......
 father3
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 5/31/2008 3:53:23 PM

I am just curious.
Has anyone EVER answered YES to this??? I mean, really...

First person that answers YES is going to be inundated with 1000's of emails from people looking for a fix.

BTW 'EndThisDance', under "interests" in your profile, I see you haven't listed MASTURBATION as #1 !!! Who's kidding who here ?

Mom2Beagle
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/1/2008 2:09:21 PM

Has anyone EVER answered YES to this???

Yes. I've seen it on profiles.

Anyone who takes Tylenol does drugs. However; pot isn't drug. It's a herb. Ironic.

I also like the do you drink question. No stipulation it has to be alcohol.

Oh, for crying out loud. Anyone with half a brain knows those questions mean recreational/illicit drugs and alcohol.
 Verbaena
Msg: 10
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/1/2008 3:51:02 PM
I do drugs.

Go me!

nascar3fan
Msg: 11
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/1/2008 6:56:39 PM

Oh, for crying out loud. Anyone with half a brain knows those questions mean recreational/illicit drugs and alcohol.

You over estimate me.
 Hi Mom
Msg: 12
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:09:30 AM
Around half the local girls have it listed as socially on their profiles. And more than a few of the ones I got to know should've put yes there too
 girl4182
Msg: 13
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/2/2008 12:22:09 PM
I have on my profile that I do socially. I smoke pot every now and than but it's very rare, and again socially. It's the kind of thing though that if I never did it again it wouldn't bother me one bit. I always worry that people will skip through my profile because of it, but I guess it's better to know up front than to find out later when we're hanging out in a group of people and someone passes the pipe. I don't think there is anything wrong with occaisionally smoking pot but I do not agree or support the use of any other illegal drug.

In my opinion the government should legalize and regulate the sale of pot. Sell it like you do alcohol and ciggerettes. Can you even imagine how much money the goverenment would make by taxing it? They could put that money towards aid for schools, getting children off the street, health care, people living on or below the poverty line, the possibilities are endless!
 Aluckyshot
Msg: 14
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/2/2008 4:56:50 PM

In my opinion the government should legalize and regulate the sale of pot. Sell it like you do alcohol and ciggerettes. Can you even imagine how much money the goverenment would make by taxing it? They could put that money towards aid for schools, getting children off the street, health care, people living on or below the poverty line, the possibilities are endless!

QFT (quoted for truth)

This is my problem with the drug question, the one drug I do like should be legal! My other problem with the whole pot thing in particular is the holy rollers that don't realize pot really isn't all that bad in moderation.
 carpimp
Msg: 15
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/2/2008 5:41:36 PM
pot is not a drug.... i smoke pot socially and after the gym daily to help unwind, smoking pot is like smoking a cigarette or having a beer, in the longrun it should be no ones business but your own what you choose to do with your life.
 Diggy03
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:12:51 AM

pot is not a drug

Really? Then why is it that having smoked marijuana is the same as being drunk.. in the eyes of law enforcement?

To each their own I guess. Perhaps smoking marijuana really does kill brain cells... to be so ignorant and to say that marijuana is not a drug.

No.. in the long run it isn't anyones business what anyone does where drug use is concerned. But it does become my business when and if your ignorance causes a car accident (or any accident) that harms/kills my child and YOU get to walk away.

Is igonorance truly bliss?
 wellhey
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:36:59 PM
If you drink alcohol you have no right to say anything about weed.

alcohol kills more people a year than weed ever has. I can walk into the liqour store and buy enough alcohol to kill 50 people, literally. I can buy smokes from a store legally. I'm not saying smoking weed is good for you or the smartest thing to do, but if you drink alcohol and have this point of view about weed you need to wake up!
 For1only
Msg: 18
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:42:12 PM
In answer to the OP ,,No I do not do drugs ,I do however enjoy a drink now and then .
And I have an addiction to coffee ........ and maybe chocolate , ok and Hockey . but thats all .... I'm pretty sure but I will get back to you .

As to the above posts about it being no ones business ,yes you are right as long as my children do not have to see you doing it or your not getting behind the wheel.
Every one is free to make their own choices..
 Diggy03
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:42:08 AM
if you drink alcohol and have this point of view about weed you need to wake up!

Yes it states on my profile that I drink - socially. Now obviously what is considered socially by some may not be the same as what another considers socially. For justifications sake.. the last time I ever had any alcoholic beverage was on New Year's eve.

I am entitled to any opinion I want especially when I have seen the damage caused by alcoholism , and extreme marijuana use (it makes one really really slow in the mental area), not to mention how drugs of choice affect those who choose to snort or inject. Not that it's any of anyone's business but I have seen people snort cocaine... as well as crushed up T3's (tylenol 3's) we like to call "poor man's cocaine." I have also seen people shoot up meth and other such drugs one can inject with a needle. I know someone who was hospitalized and almost lost their arm from their injection use due to infection.

You want to tell me again to "wake-up!"
 Verbaena
Msg: 20
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 9:55:15 AM
Diggy, just because you have seen the "worst case scenarios" of what drugs can do.. doesn't mean that everyone that uses is going to be like that.

Heck, you can compare what you've said about drug users to people who compulsively overeat.

If you have such an overwhelming view on substances, then indeed you should be abstaining from all of them.. not indulging from time to time. To do otherwise, reeks of hypocrisy!

Anyway I don't mean this to be overly personal or an attack, just sharing my point of view ;) (And I know you can take it, you and I have had many a forum "discussion" before - when I had a different name)
 kiddingmyself
Msg: 21
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:40:09 AM
So diggy you got some great friends there, are they allowed to talk to your kids? We are not talking about heroin.
And if you want to get into different reactions some people should avoid hard liquors and wine will have a different effect on some people.
And for someone so adamantly against pot you may not want to admit to being in the presence of these people we may have to report you because we all know addicts are liars, right?
 Diggy03
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 10:55:58 AM
So diggy you got some great friends there, are they allowed to talk to your kids?

Not my friends.. my ex's friends.

We are not talking about heroin.

And why not? Last time I checked it was listed as a drug. How do you know what someone deems as drug use or not? Some people may associate taking pain medication as being on drugs, especially if it's by prescription. So, were you trying to suggest that one cannot compare marijuana to herion?

And for someone so adamantly against pot you may not want to admit to being in the presence of these people we may have to report you because we all know addicts are liars, right?

Are you threatening me?

Allow me to please explain and justify things more clearly for you:
Not that it's any of your business... I left my child's father along with the said people he chose to associate with. In fact they live 16 hours away from me. I have not seen him since I left. Therefore... my child is NOT exposed to such individuals.
 kiddingmyself
Msg: 23
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:58:57 AM
Sorry diggy but i always seem to forget sarcasm doesn't work well here.

But you can't be serious and say that heroin and pot are equal. And that is the problem especially when you apply it to how the states decided that spending billions of dollars on the war on drugs is a good thing. That money could hve bought more bombs to fight for gas rights in the middle east. Oh right it's about womens rights and wmd's.
Your post is typical of what I have been stating in another thread. your ex at one time was the coolest sexiest guy in the world and then you had a child and woke up to see him for what he really was.
You are mixing your own failings for having his child and projecting them into your opinions about drug use.
I do not drink and drive nor do I get baked out of my skull and drive either.
Besides who wants to waste a good buzz sitting in traffic? I'd rather be watching a great movie or better yet having mind blowing freaky sex with an SO.
Using protection of course. I wouldn't want her to feel guilty about having borne a child to druggie now would I?
 wellhey
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 2:32:09 PM
yes, wake up.

of course you are entitled to your own opinion, so big deal.. you've seen people snort cocaine, so have I many many times. What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about weed. You find me someone who has OD'd on weed please.
 girl4182
Msg: 25
Do you do drugs?
Posted: 6/4/2008 8:48:06 PM
I personally consider weed in the same category as alcohol. Now I would never approve of someone driving under the influence of either, but I find that alcohol has a bigger affect on me than pot does. To be completely honest, I would much rather my kids smoke a joint than go to a house party and drink a 40 of vodka, but that is just me.

You have to keep in mind, that by legalizing it, thoughs in support of it are not expecting to be able to smoke up 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It is only expected that it would be regulated. It would be treated like alcohol. There is a time and a place for everything. You wouldn't polish off a micky at work or while driving home, and the same would gor for weed. Like alcohol, it would be need to be used with responsibility.

People are going to smoke up, no matter what you do. If it's regulated it can be bought in a safe enviroment and you wont have to worry about weather it's mixed with something unpleasant. I think that the amount of people becomming hardcore pot heads would decrease over time as well because it's no longer the cool forbidden thign to do, it's just the norm.

Sure you're probably going to have someone who abuses and does something bad, but I have herd of a lot more alcoholics that destroy their families and their own lives and thoughs of innocent people than I have of pot heads to be straight up about it. I am by no means a pot head, and very rarily smoke it, but I personally don't see a bad side to this and feel that we have nothing to loose and all to gain.

You'd be created a whole new industry! More jobs created and more money being spent, the government makes money off the taxing, it'd help out the economy... am I missing anything?
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Do you do drugs?