Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Is it finally over?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Skydds
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is it finally over?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Hillary Clinton has summoned top donors and backers to attend her New York speech tomorrow night in an unusual move that is being widely interpreted to mean she plans to suspend her campaign and endorse Barack Obama - if not that night, within a day or two

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/02/clinton-summons-top-donor_n_104715.html
 BassThunderGuy
Msg: 2
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:08:07 PM
About time..hopefully it didn't kill the party. At least Bill has enough sense to tell her to concede that it's over.
 UniqueManinSoCal
Msg: 3
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:22:08 PM
Thank god!!!!

But I won't do my happy dance until it is official.
 mudflap1979
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:28:00 PM
Well its about time i supose she has really endangered the democratic partys chances in nov.
 Loveonfire
Msg: 5
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/2/2008 10:28:06 PM
Hillary is a warrior, and when she concedes, she will do that with honor. I hope that she is a good looser and not a sore one, because this is about Borack Obamas dream that he had ever since he was a child. This is historic that Borack Obama will be the next United States President. He will be a president that young people and children and for that matter all people not just in the United States but around the World, can be proud of!!.One of the things the United States (and Canada for that matter) has been missing for the longest time, is a national, social/societal and ethical, uniting HERO. Borack Obama finally will provide that and his dream will be realized and I feel so happy for him and we all should wish him the best of luck and be behind him all the way.

When Borack goes on, I think just like the typical underdog/cinderella story, people will begin to like him more and more and they will realize that Borack is a class act and that he has a great oportunity to restore America with Gods help, to the nation is once was.
 glamour6
Msg: 6
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:54:13 AM
I wonder if this has anything to do with rumors of Bill Clinton womanizing on the campaign trail.
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:01:34 AM

I heard they murdered another coke dealer.

Get excited about this.

What primary are they pulling the out of? hahaha

The primary race is over, you don't need a staff.

She may close out but this is not a sure sign.
 teachpeace
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:28:28 AM
They're saying she's conceding today and letting staff go.....http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080603/ap_on_el_pr/clinton
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 9
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:04:16 AM
It's not over if this is true.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080603/pl_nm/usa_politics_clinton_mcauliffe_dc
 teachpeace
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:30:13 AM
Oh brother, Jedi Girl....thanks for the link and it looks like you're right. And here when I was getting hope.......get it? HOPE?
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 11
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 9:39:48 AM
You're welcome. I just happened to see it on the Yahoo homepage.

Wonder if this announcement is to make it official that she will take it to the Convention or that she will be running as an Independent. Hmmmmmm
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 12
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:00:55 AM
They ARE 100% incorrect.

Clinton has no intention of conceding.. Why would she? Neither one of them can win it prior to accumulating a whole bunch of additional super-delegate votes. They are both essentially in the same boat, except that Clinton has more of the popular vote.

And there's no reason to believe all the super-delegates are going to jump on the Obama bandwagon. Why would they? Because MSNBC said so?? Or because Pelosi said so? Many of them know Clinton can win the election and Obama probably can't. They also know he'd mess things up if he got in. The super-delegates don't have any desire to destroy this country either.

The Clinton people are just in NY strategizing on how to take control of the primary process from here on out....

-Suth'nBoy

uninterested
Msg: 13
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:10:04 AM

They are both essentially in the same boat, except that Clinton has more of the popular vote.

The nominee will be decided by number of delegates, not popular vote.
 PurpleCrayon~
Msg: 14
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:19:04 AM
I'm not a Clinton fan by any stretch of the imagination...but, I think what the Clinton group are saying is that the Delegates should go by the wishes of the majority. That's what they should do. But, it's not happening.

This boils down to the Democrat party is going thru what was perceived happened in the General Election of 2000... difference is.. this time it is within one party... The Democratic one. Sooo, things take on a different slant... for both the Obama and Clinton camps.
 NERO1
Msg: 15
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:19:12 AM
I think it's going to wrap up soon, yes. However I'm still kind of expecting him to offer her the VP first..... in which case, even though they may have gone at it like cat and dog the past few months, I think they'll make a really strong ticket against McCain. McCain for his part better choose a very likeable VP with some real charisma and populist crowd appeal to offset his own general lack thereof (IMO).
 Skydds
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:20:47 AM

They ARE 100% incorrect.

Clinton has no intention of conceding.. Why would she? Neither one of them can win it prior to accumulating a whole bunch of additional super-delegate votes. They are both essentially in the same boat, except that Clinton has more of the popular vote.

And there's no reason to believe all the super-delegates are going to jump on the Obama bandwagon. Why would they? Because MSNBC said so?? Or because Pelosi said so? Many of them know Clinton can win the election and Obama probably can't. They also know he'd mess things up if he got in. The super-delegates don't have any desire to destroy this country either.

The Clinton people are just in NY strategizing on how to take control of the primary process from here on out....

-Suth'nBoy

Anyone know what the first state of loss is... I think it starts with a "D" and ends with something that sounds like "nile"?
 jack-d-ripper
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:39:23 AM

Anyone know what the first state of loss is... I think it starts with a "D" and ends with something that sounds like "nile"?

Obama won ...

He just doesn't have the votes right????

The Democrats hate someone that fights for something. It breaks the tradition.

The Democrats would have loved her had she quit after New Hampshire.

Democrats love quitters like Kerry and Gore.
 Boricua Papi
Msg: 18
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:01:08 AM
These superdelagates know they are commiting suicide by supporting a person that can't win the general election. They are begging Hillary to team up with him. Thanks the left wing media Obama lovers for the party of the KKK's third defeat in a row!
 Suthn_Boy
Msg: 19
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:14:54 AM
The Democrats would have loved her had she quit after New Hampshire.
Democrats love quitters like Kerry and Gore.

Ironically, that's really quite true. They love those bailer-outers and quitters! Everybody wants her to quit prematurely, so they can bash her for being a quitter..

It's really pretty hilarious.. But no, they have no intention to quit prematurely. Clinton will only quit if and when the rookie has the necessary votes, as it should be. That's the way of primaries. You're not supposed to quit till you actually lose.

Hide and watch!

-Suth'nBoy

itechman63
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 11:48:56 AM
With the primaries over, she wouldn't need as large a staff since she wouldn't have to organize on localized levels in that way. Surely the other candidates also are trimming down?
 evnstevn
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 4:15:36 PM
So now she lets it get out that she's waiting for a VP invite. Rather than let Obama have a night to celebrate a huge feat, she can't help but crap on everyone in her way. There should be some kind of bug spray that will kill whatever kind of bodysnatcher it is that lives inside her carcass.

itechman63
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 4:36:26 PM
I recall the 1980 Republican National Convention when Reagan offered the VP to Gerald Ford and Ford indicated he would accept it in the role of 'Co-President'. Reagan declined.

The shared Obama/Clinton ticket would symbolically aid in unification of the party or portray the presumption together they are unbeatable, but Obama likely is faced with a similar proposition as Ford offered to Reagan. Perhaps not so blatantly, but Hillary will expect to be more than the traditional VP in that she would expect powers beyond what many VPs have traditionally held. (Not counting King Cheney). Even if not, Hillary will maintain a level of public support over Obama while in office that could at times pit them against each other on policies.

That's impression and not me saying that I think it would definitely be that way, but it certainly is a factor worth considering by Obama. Symbolic for general election purposes but potentially problematic to the executive functions.
 evnstevn
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 4:40:04 PM
A lot of people, Ford included, thought Reagan cost him the '76 election by not campaigning for him in the South. I expect Clinton to do the same thing hoping she will have a shot against McCain in 2012.

itechman63
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:03:47 PM
That's not only certainly possible Ev, but strategically solid for her personal aspirations. For as much as I disrespect her as such that I should expect that, for some reason I just feel she's going to do the opposite and I don't know why.

That was an interesting statement to ponder though.
 glamour6
Msg: 25
Is it finally over?
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:33:53 PM
She's live at a Rally tonight in New York..on CSPAN of course.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Is it finally over?