Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > How does Christians cope without SEX ? or Intimate Encounters ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AQUALOVE
Msg: 1
How does Christians cope without SEX ? or Intimate Encounters ? Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hello
POF Fishes
wanted some input ''' so here is the Humbling Question "o the Frustration ???
How does Christians who are not in an
Intimate Relationship who has Intimacy and
Sexual Thoughts & desires Remain a devout Christian and like it .

How does Single Christians ^^^cope with
being Alone or SINGLE ....Whada ya do ?What is your secret ?

What if He or She has yet to meet him or her ''''or any one who
is a compatable connection at this time ,And
its been a very very long time ...
Is this a sign its not Gods plan ?
How do you keep the Faith ? How do you remain
a Christian ? A Happy Christian ? How do you live
in Harmony ''in Peace '''and in JOY without TRUELOVE '?
Romance ''SEX "' The Sensual Touch of Another ?
How do you continue to live ALone ? How do you
give LOVE 'LOVE ""LOVE to others and yet "'It seems like there
is know LOVE coming back to you ? This subject is not so easy to
define '' the thought of living out the rest of
my EARTH years alone Saddens me ''Dont want to go against the grain
or the word "' SO what do ya do ?

I want the whole
package '' not a one nite stand ''Thats what the problem has been ''' It was easy once upon a time to get a quick fix or a delusion ''Now its REAL "'
 gregorywb
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How does Christians cope without SEX ? or Intimate Encounters ?
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:08:13 PM
I am having a more difficult time coping with reading your post than coping with not getting laid tonight.

It's not that hard to not have sex, people make a big deal of nothing. I haven't had sex in almost a year and I am perfectly fine.
 wannaluvjustu
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:18:44 PM
Dear agua,

It's very simple my dear. Choose to "walk" with the lord and your sexual desires to be with just "any" man will go away. If it's sex you seek go get it. If it's love you seek wait for it. If you are truly a Christian you will pray about it. My name is ----------and I'm a sex addict in recovery who has been given the tools and the gifts to control my "addiction" so that I may not seek a "man" at my will. Seek the lord and he will set you "free".
P.S.-->>I guarantee that if I'm horny and I want the company of a man I will "GET IT..
oops,,I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that as a sex addict in recovery I'm only having sex once, twice or perhaps (if I'm lucky) 3 times a year now because I have been walking with the lord and OMG, if I get horny I let my fingers do the walking (not like I never let my fingers do the walking before)..LOL..
And, on a final note-->>one of my new years resolutions was to get "laid" more this year than last.............Geez,,,,,,,this having morals sucks....I feel like I wanna go out and join the frickin nunnery....
He-- no, I ain't ready for that just yet.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:26:26 PM
I went 10 years without before - I guess you just get used to it

wannaluvjustu
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:28:14 PM
If I ever go (10) years without it I'm hanging myself with a celebate rope...LOL
I hope I never get used to going that long without it......I love sex
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/6/2008 11:53:48 PM
I do too! But I just wasn't dating

Guy Named Ray
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/7/2008 10:35:36 AM
They spend a lot of time praying under the covers.
 somuchtosay
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:25:30 AM
Wait wait wait just a minute here...
What is sex?
 July Morning
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/14/2008 3:59:57 AM
How does Single Christians ^^^cope with
being Alone or SINGLE ....Whada ya do ?What is your secret ?

The ONLY proper way to combat the temptation of the flesh by the devil is self-flagellagtion. Make sure you hit yourself so that it hurts; do not just stroke your skin with the whip. That may unfortunately intensify your evil thoughts about carnal activities. You just have to be careful not to whip yourself to death. It happens.

Another, not quite as good but still useful way of dealing with your mind in the gutter, is withdrawing and denying other pleasures from yourself. Go to the washroom only on Fridays. Eat leftovers only. Go out, find a garbage heap or a blank firewall on an old building and watch it for seven hours straight. If you're a woman, go to strip clubs. If you're a heterosexual man, go to gay steambaths. If you are a man of the cloth, imagine Christ on the cross, and try to compare his anguish to yours.

A third and definitely less efficient way, although intuitive thought says it should be the most efficient, is prayer, of course. It's been known to work, and it's been known to fail.

A fourth, and rather radical way, is self-mutilation, losing your genitals. It shan't take your desire away, but this method assures that no sinful behaviour ever ensues from dirty, evil thoughts.

And if it becomes absolutely unbearable... don't do anything, sit down, and wait it out until it goes away.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/15/2008 9:33:24 PM
I resent the implication that the ONLY people who choose celibacy until they meet the right one are christian...

Life is full of things to be passionate about.. goals to achieve, spiritual/personal development, mountains to climb.. so to speak, lol..

I channel my passions in other areas.

Sometimes, when I stop to think about it.. it gets to me.. I hear what you are saying, but I would rather have faith than indulge in negativistic thoughts.. I know full well what that will bring me.

I also know what would come from allowing myself to succumb to a surface- level fling.. total and complete emptiness.. a soul-searing lonliness I can do without.. not to mention a deep sense of regret at having shared intimately with one I do not really know or care for..

Nope, just not possible anymore....and I am no christian ;)
 Vancer
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/16/2008 2:16:23 AM
I am celibate and not Christian.

If you haven't found a way of life worth more than physical and/or emotional indulgence, then you haven't found something worth your true energy.

Find a passion in life that has no limits and It'll eventually rewrite your motivations.
It can consume you though, so you may want a few to balance em all out.
 kaagwaantaan
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/16/2008 12:14:01 PM
It's been years and Frankly, I don't think about it.

It's a non issue for me.

I think I've chosen to make other parts of my life more important. Those are the areas I focus on and find fulfilling in a way casual, empty meaningless sex never could.
 romanticoptimist
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/16/2008 10:01:28 PM

I resent the implication that the ONLY people who choose celibacy until they meet the right one are christian...

I resent the implication that the ONLY people who are having sex are non-Christians!
 Alpina
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 12:27:03 AM
My parents raised me in a right and moral way. Babies come from storks. Now, if the storks want to practice celibacy in line with with their religious beliefs, it's not my place to judge them. Unless, of course, it's two male storks. Then it's time for the birdshot (in accordance with God's wishes as spelled out in the Bible).

Seriously, aside from kids coerced into saying things they don't believe in those stupid abstinence programs, nearly all Christians I know aren't celibate in their premarital lives. I know one guy who says he's "saving himself" but even he admittedly has fallen off the wagon.

The religious views on celibacy (and sex in general) I think are just insane (whatever happened to "go forth and multiply?"). We know from studies that, if anything, abstinence programs get young people engaged in oral and anal sex more often than their non- celibate peers, but also are more to have unprotected sex. If you put away dogma for a minute and consider reality and the science, celibacy is just a bad idea to sell to people.

My trying-to-be-celibate friend above? His issues are compounded. He's the most devout Catholic I know, and while he presents himself to the world as a heterosexual, my friends figure he's really gay. Not George Michael/Elton John gay; more like Ted Haggard/Tom Cruise gay.

He must be struggling with his desires and demons and faith and guilt must be pure torture at times. We figure sometime in his 40's he'll eventually snap. He'll have a wife and kids by then, and all of a sudden he's hanging out in gay bars, gesturing to other men in airport bathroom stalls, hiring male prostitutes, etc.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/17/2008 8:10:58 AM

If you put away dogma for a minute and consider reality and the science, celibacy is just a bad idea to sell to people.
My choice has precisely nothing to do with dogma... and I have already procreated, so the science end has been taken care of.. as for reality? I'll be the one to determine that, thanks.

I don't see it as a good idea to force celibacy upon others as though God disapproves if you give in to the desires of the flesh..

For myself it is a personal choice because, well... there really IS no choice anymore.. I have no desire to share my body, heart and soul with a man I do not care for... as I said earlier, it would leave me feeling empty and alone. No thanks.

This is clearly not a choice you have made... so you cannot speak with any kind of authority on the matter.. only second hand observations and judgments about those who have
 consigliere31
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2008 8:24:43 AM

They spend a lot of time praying under the covers.

To each thier own, but you should save your breath ray, you might need to blow up your date later!
 skypoetone
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/17/2008 9:31:51 AM
Sex is no BIG deal, so what's the problem??? Where's the inability to cope??? And what the hell does a christian have to worry about either way??? I say lighten up, there are more important things in life, like spreading happiness and love for those who never knew the meaning of those words... Opening your mind is far more important than dropping your pants, geeze!
 romanticoptimist
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/18/2008 2:57:22 AM
Those "Stupid abstinence programs" affirm and support a valid choice for those teens. It is insulting to these young people to assume that they are incapable of remaining sexually celibate, that they have no sense of their own choices and how to make them, and that they lack the integrity to follow through with the promises they have made to themselves. The great value I see in such movements -- many are "grass roots" and teen driven by the way -- is that it provides a valued alternative to sexual activity at a time in their lives when stability is needed. One group I had the honour of knowing produced young women who were proud of their bodies, aware of their choices, and demanded respect and honour of their decisions, and young men who honoured the young women and respected them and their choices. And that is all a Good Thing.

PS. I'm not saying that those who choose sex are not capable of such sentiments.
That should spare us the reflexive and extreme examples, and the usual "so what you're saying is..." blather.
 Vancer
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/18/2008 3:03:19 AM
Who has time for sex when Spore Creature Creator is out now.
 Blue Steele
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:29:03 AM
i thought chistians coped with sex by referring to the bible and where it tells them to love their neighbores they just get down with that love energy.

i know christians are buying a lot of condoms these days which shows that they are at least thinking of having sex.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/18/2008 8:31:17 AM
^^ I wonder if you could generalize just a little more? Maybe if you tried... you could squeeze out another stereotype or two

Did you have anything of value to add to the topic at hand??
 dunrich
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/18/2008 2:40:33 PM
To quote Homers nehibour, "hot diddly doo, feelin racy tonight "! Responding to a forum with the "S " word in it, why I cant stop blushing ! Must have been that extra squeeze of lemon I put in my tea, might even turn up the volume for the Lawrence Welk show to night!

So how do horny , non Christians not getting any , cope? I know lots, and they have too much respect for themselves and their family to just go out and 'grab a piece".

Coping, is not exclusive to Christians. Some people, regardless of their beliefs , have no will power. If they have an itch they have to scratch it, gas they have to burp it. Hungry, they are going to feed it, stuff themselves with any old junk.

Some humans do have standards, will power. They will put up with that hunger pang, while they cook and prepare something better. It tastes better that way , the rewards are self evident with the first bite.

Same with sex, some will never know the satisfaction of having love, because they want to 'scratch" their lust itch ", and lack the will power and patience to wait and prepare a "special meal".

Not sure what the poster earlier was referring to when he psycho anylized another poster based on him being Catholic / celibate .

Was this a joke or a very poor attempt at trying to diss him? To be celibate, gay, is a persons personal choice, why not respect that choice? Why refer to it at all? How does being either , hurt one who with free will , chooses not to be?

Just my opinion, but this is not a question exclusive to Christians .

Freedom of personal choice, I do love having it my self, and respect those that might choose a different path than my self. Pretty sure and confident God does as well, as I think free will is a choice he gave us.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 3:19:29 PM
~OP~ I'm not Christian, but I have extended periods of celibacy (or abstinence, whichever you prefer.) It's not about the religion, it's about being true to yourself, your moral/ethical fiber and that is something NO religion can truly ingrain into your character. It's pretty simple to be sexless, you just don't do it. JMO
 rockondon
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 5:21:04 PM
When you hear "Oh God!" from a devout christian's private chambers it doesn't necessarily mean that they're praying
 CharlesEdm
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/18/2008 5:26:28 PM

Those "Stupid abstinence programs" affirm and support a valid choice for those teens. It is insulting to these young people to assume that they are incapable of remaining sexually celibate, that they have no sense of their own choices and how to make them, and that they lack the integrity to follow through with the promises they have made to themselves. The great value I see in such movements -- many are "grass roots" and teen driven by the way -- is that it provides a valued alternative to sexual activity at a time in their lives when stability is needed. One group I had the honour of knowing produced young women who were proud of their bodies, aware of their choices, and demanded respect and honour of their decisions, and young men who honoured the young women and respected them and their choices. And that is all a Good Thing.

they're stupid abstinence programs because they produce a result opposite of what they're intended to do. namely higher incidents of teen pregnancy and unprotected sex.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > How does Christians cope without SEX ? or Intimate Encounters ?