Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women like when men wear feminine clothing?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Our Shangri-La
Msg: 1
Do women like when men wear feminine clothing?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have a STRAIGHT FEMALE friend who thinks it is the sexiest thing if a guy wears women's clothes. She often says I would look good in a pair of tights or she points out sexy shoes that she thinks would look good on me. The other day she saw a red teddy in a dept. store we were shopping in and said 'This would match your red toes' implying that I should polish them. She has been bringing this up for so long she almost has me convinced!

What do women make of this?
 CSIAnaheim
Msg: 2
Do women like when men wear feminine clothing?
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:31:25 AM

I have a STRAIGHT FEMALE friend who thinks it is the sexiest thing if a guy wears women's clothes. She often says I would look good in a pair of tights or she points out sexy shoes that she thinks would look good on me.

Strangely enough, this topic has been done quite a bit on this forum. Must be a lot of lumberjacks on PoF....
 sarcastic_smileygirl
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:37:44 AM
Nope wouldn't do a thing for me, and would make me wanna lock up my panty drawer actually.
 prettykmh
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:37:55 AM
Never thought about it, but with this post I would have to say men look sexiest in clean clothing that fits their body, not too tight and not too loose. Or naked. haha but womens clothing...not a turn on for me. Your friend has either a wicked sense of humour or an interesting kink.
 **Tee**
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:40:45 AM

Not just NO, but hell NO....I'm not sharing my bra's with anyone, sorry..
 Blueeyedbaldman
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:45:10 AM

The other day she saw a red teddy in a dept. store we were shopping in and said 'This would match your red toes' implying that I should polish them

Not a girl but I will lower my voice. If a woman wanted me to wear a teddy, I would run for the hills.
 Lady Waresa
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:45:18 AM

No - I like men in men's clothing looking manly - yum yum
 Our Shangri-La
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:48:51 AM
Well, I had a feeling she was in the minority but she insists she isn't. It's good to get other female opinions. Thanks!
 Bubble Eyes
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:57:54 AM

Nope wouldn't do a thing for me, and would make me wanna lock up my panty drawer actually

LOL yeah i'll have to second that notion.

Remember.. to each their own. but for me.... i'm just not into it.
 Lovelytonou
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/8/2008 10:59:56 AM
Hmmm......buy her a set of Ken and Barbie dolls with only Barbie collection clothes. She can dress Ken up to the nines. (just had to throw that in.)

I think it's a bit different, but who's to say. And I'm telling you, if she offers to buy you a pair of shoes, (Manolos or Jimmy C.'s) GO GOR IT!

*Coveting the shoes and feeling quite jealous right now*
 sarcastic_smileygirl
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 11:32:44 AM

And I'm telling you, if she offers to buy you a pair of shoes, (Manolos or Jimmy C.'s) GO GOR IT!

Hold out for the Christian Louboutins!
 SassySis_1973
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/8/2008 11:37:56 AM
I think your friend has a fetish.

As for myself, seeing my guy in women's clothing for any other reason than to make me laugh, would be a turn off.
 ClassyfiedAlly
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/8/2008 11:41:37 AM

What do women make of this?

Ew.
 nocatchyname
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/8/2008 11:45:51 AM
What I don't get, is if this isn't true...than why was The Rocky Horror Picture Show so popular, and why do you always hear how sexy (sh!t brain fart) what's his name was in it.
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:04:51 PM
Tim Curry is extremely talented, but I think it's a stretch to call him sexy. Back on topic, though - Eew. Just, just... no. No thanks. The metrosexual types are a little too feminine for me. Can't imagine a guy who actually wears women's clothes (as opposed to a guy who just spends more on hair products than I do) would have any appeal at all to me. Sorry. I'll take the lumberjack or the cowboy any day.
 LolaMaxwell
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:07:38 PM
If you want to try cross-dressing, and it sounds as though you do, fine. If you don't, she can keep her fantasies to herself.

And unless you're game for it, that's all it is -- HER fantasy.

Interesting "friends" you have.
 lostgirl1971
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:29:10 PM
I'm in a bit of a toss up on this one, I look at certain men in eyeliner and black nail polish and hair products looking a little feminine and I get weak in the knees, think back to the 80s -90s music scene, this was the norm, and even more so to the extent your friend is talking about. The androgynous look has always had a certain appeal. But it is a balancing act between the being able to masculine and being able to be feminine

A great rock star from the 80s once said in a confrontation with a newer band who was not considered "glam" "Just because we wear lipstick doesn't mean we cant kick your a*s" ... it is that kind of mentality that is attractive - but then again they never wore red teddies - that is a little over the top
 esotericjudi
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:42:21 PM
nocatchy, Tim Curry was sexy because he was sexy, not because he was wearing a corset. He was /is sexy - yum. Love that man's voice. Anywho, the guy who played Brad (brainfart here) wore a corset too, and he was not sexy at all...
Tim Curry was sexy in the role because he has that delicious voice & played such a naughty, naughty man. Sometimes a lady likes to fantasize about a sexy man not afraid to be a bit deviant...

Of course, none of this (except thinking Tim has a sexy voice) applies to moi - I am innocent, I tell ya.
 kittenshere41
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/8/2008 12:53:01 PM
I think ur woman is psycho.
 Patarey
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:08:03 PM
I love a man who is secure in his masculinity and is open to playing dress up with his woman..............

Both putting on red lipstick and smearing it all over eachother is also hott

DonĀ“t even get me started on the padded bras...............
 BorneoBabe
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/8/2008 2:58:34 PM
YUK!

All power to you!

Edit: That was to the OP btw
 jazmella
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/8/2008 3:01:08 PM
Hahaha! Oh gosh...nooo, nooo, no. The only man I can deal with in a pair of tights is Peter Pan...and he's a little boy!!

And Robin Hood. And Superman...and...well, you get the idea.
 nocatchyname
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:20:02 PM

Tim Curry was sexy because he was sexy, not because he was wearing a corset.

Fair enough, I can accept that answer, of course I can also accept the fact he was wearing a corset - he made a lot of money doing it I'm sure.

*scratches cross-dressing of his list of 'Ways to Pick Up Women While Singing'*
 marahnna
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/8/2008 5:31:52 PM

Hahaha! Oh gosh...nooo, nooo, no. The only man I can deal with in a pair of tights is Peter Pan...and he's a little boy!!

And Robin Hood. And Superman...and...well, you get the idea.

I have to agree on the Superman bit. I always had a bit of a thing for Dean Cain, now it's starting to make sense why! (Although, truth be told, I thought he was sexier as Clark Kent than as Superman.)

Anyhoo, a man in woman's clothing honestly does nothing for me. I don't even like tighty-whities on guys. As far as I'm concerned, guys just shouldn't wear tight-fitting clothes. I like a guy in boxers and bluejeans. But hey, if you want to try it, you've definitely found yourself a girl you can model for!!
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/8/2008 7:41:50 PM
I love a man who can pull off wearing a "puffy shirt". They're usually Italian, but any pirate can do it. MMMMM, Johnny Depp. He's age-appropriate, too!

When I was 12 yrs old, looking at the bulge in Barishnikov's pants was exciting, but now I've seen what's behind the curtain, so the mystery is gone.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women like when men wear feminine clothing?