Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Parts is parts so don't knock it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grannybritches
Msg: 1
Parts is parts so don't knock itPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I never was like this when I was younger, but the older I get I'm finding that I'm able to enjoy various levels of relationships and the nicer parts of people. I learned a great lesson from a man I dated a year ago. He explained to me about levels of relationships and how you get various bits of what you need from those levels even though you don't have the whole.

I watched Jeff Foxworthy's comedy routine last night and realized that a good deal of what we think of as funny these days involves bashing other people's faults. That's sad really.

Everyone has ugly parts and there are so many comments on this site as well about those ugly parts. So I think we need to balance it out by focusing on the good parts of people, too. Even those who seem like jerks on the dating scene have at least one good part somewhere that might enable someone to have a momentary connection with them that is fulfilling just for what it is.

Those considered ugly have beautiful parts. Enjoy those! Those considered overweight have lots of good parts just below that surface. Dig a little deeper and enjoy those parts of their personalities. Whatever other negative things that can be seen in people surely do have some kind of positive counterparts within.

We don't have to go to the level of dating someone or even being in the same room in order to be great friends who will look past the bad and just enjoy the good. I just really get tired of all the negative things in this world!
 ddee4u
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Parts is parts so don't knock it
Posted: 6/9/2008 10:30:46 AM
GB I agree with your statement! There is to much negative in the world, today. I, for one met alot of beautiful people. The surface is a disguise, its the inside that really counts!
 grannybritches
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/9/2008 7:11:10 PM
While I was driving home this evening, I went back through my memories of my ex-husband, ex-dates and other ex-relationships and just started remembering the good parts of these people and savoring them. (There has to be good parts of these or else we would never get involved in the first place.) Doing this is so therapeutic. It helps to keep any bitterness at bay.

A lot of people on this site have bitterness coming through their posts and on their profiles. That is such a turn-off for anyone to want to have an interest in getting to know them better.
 Neysha61
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 3:16:21 AM
I see naked everyday at work. Literally. I let people wonder at my occupation .....

Physical beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder .... look around at all the mis-matched (or so you think) couples. Beauty and the beast, fatty and skinny, tall and short etc. For some reason, they still find each other attractive/desirable.
Parts is parts and only part of what makes you unique and what makes you attractive to someone else.
 Forum Junkie
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/10/2008 4:57:29 AM

(There has to be good parts of these or else we would never get involved in the first place.)

But its seems easier for people to hate than it is for them to look at the whole range of emotions or remember the good parts of the relation. Besides that to a point it is an avoidance of taking responsiblity for the relation, by thinking of the other person's faults its easier to push them away. As well, its just as much a testament to the person's disposition and outlook on life as it is satire about the relation. You can look at it all or just pick and choose the parts you want to see, but if you have a bad disposition to start its going to give ya the same overall. You will see just the bad if thats what you're looking for in life or your past relations. Otherwise, nature is to remember it all and choose to pick what you think about.
 Diesel66
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/10/2008 5:13:36 AM
You have to take the good with the bad and see what happens. You can give it your all and still find its not good enough so then you just walk away to find new parts to work with.

We learn from each part eventually we find all the working parts and can stop looking for more.
 Durst1st
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/10/2008 6:58:00 AM
Great thread....BUT...me and several other ladies from lucky's have spoken on this same topic...and call us shallow but we refuse to LOWER are standards...maybe when we're really Old and FAT...but not now....First impressions are EVERYTIME...what the eyes see first triggers the brain...to say OMG...
COME on now let's be truthful....George Clooney or Don Knotts...who ya gonna chose...don't know about you all, but I only have so many paperbags....Great thread lady...

DDEE...you're the perfect example...my dear...the man you have now with that gorgeous long hair...or PEE-WEE Herman....lmao....I thought so....lady...lol

Naysha61...good point..let's see your an MRI tech...right...lol
 Neysha61
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:21:05 AM
Nope, not an MRI tech.
You have no reason to be naked getting an MRI and if you were, you were "had".

Don Knotts was married (twice in fact) . The actor was married to college sweetheart Kathryn (Kay) Metz from 1947-64 and to Loralee Czuchna from 1974-83. He had two children from his first marriage, Karen and Thomas. He was married to actress Francey Yarborough at the time of his death. So someone did indeed find him handsome/desirable. Two someones in fact.

George Clooney just dumped his umpteenth girlfriend Sarah whatever her name is and he has no children.
hmmmm ...... now why do you suppose that is?
 Durst1st
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:29:18 AM
LOL...so what you still have to look at them daily...

Don Knotts if I'm not mistaken had a child out of wedlock and Bless his heart, he raised her all by himself...we was a sweetie...
I'm saying if I don't do a double take I don't do themmm...lol

Okay...pre=op for surgery...
 ddee4u
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:05:38 AM
The man I have has long hair yeah and he is nice looking (resembles Fabio) . Now Pee wee herman ......I could laugh at .........that was his good part........Don knotts I found humorous......so those are the good parts LOL..............George Clooney he might be attractive to some people but not to me .......now I love to hear his voice....thats an OMG ....lol I'm weird LOL its OK ! Mel Gibson now he use to blow my mind away with that Australian accent ......I need to go there......Steve Perry had a beatuiful voice and I think I'm a voice person LOL
See I take the good with the bad .........They just have to be able to treat me right!!!!
 Diesel66
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:16:41 AM
awwwwwwwwwwww a man with long hair! i see we women have something in common!
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:23:37 AM

maybe when we're really Old and FAT

Forgive me for calling this out however this is a very negative way of unintentionally demeaning others who may be old or fat (like me)

There is beauty in everyone and nothing wrong with having your own likes and dislikes. We all have preferences, its human nature to have them. What sets the difference is when you judge people by the cover before getting to know someone. Of course your going to meet people who don’t "trip your trigger" that doesn’t mean they are any less of a person because of it. There is nothing wrong with not being "turned on" physically by someone that doesn’t mean you can’t be stimulated intellectually by them. Sometimes someone’s intellect can make them much more physically stimulating or vice versa, someone very attractive can be not so intellectually stimulating. It is all in how situations are handled and what type of person you are, the more shallow a person is (physically OR intellectually) the less likely they will see people for who they really are, friends or otherwise. Do you really want those types of people in your life? No one wants to be judged for any reason but it happens all the time. This world has a mind set of how people should look and it is unfortunate for many reasons. I consider all of my friends beautiful; however most in this world would not. It's sad really, the people I consider my friends are the most beautiful people inside and out however the narrow minded people will never see that, that’s there loss though and will never know what it is like to have true friends or real relationships.
 countrytat
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/10/2008 8:51:26 AM
AMEN to that Kelly ...... I TOTALLY agree!
 Durst1st
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/10/2008 9:12:59 AM
Well we all get old don't mean we have to be fat...
And I do have a fat daughter and fat friends...but just WOULD NEVER date anyone that's FAT...PERIOD
Don"t want to offend or demean anyone...just voicing my opinion...and last time I checked I was still FREE to do that....
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 9:18:53 AM

but just WOULD NEVER date anyone that's FAT...PERIOD

I am just going to leave that alone for so many reasons and on so many levels.... Cant afford for my account to be banned right now.

Heres the shovel, keep digging!
 Durst1st
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/10/2008 9:26:17 AM
Just what is so wrong with my taste in being attracted to trim, fit men....there's men out there that only like meaty woman doesn't bother me one bit,,,I say so go it...But whenever a trim fit woman comments about weight,,,,LORD have Mercy out comes the claws....I just know what I like....and say what I feel.....While were at it...I own my own business and I'd never hire a obese person either...WHY, they can't keep up at the fast pace of cleaning, can't do the bending, can't carry as much and the list goes on...so say what you will, they just can't hang due to all the excess weight.
Ager not a problem I have a 68 y/o woman that could work circles around most 20y/o's...
and I don't do bald men either....lmfao
 grannybritches
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/10/2008 9:29:59 AM
I'm sitting here visualizing Don Knotts standing next to George Clooney. If you score each of them on a scale of one to ten for their good parts, I actually think Don Knotts is a winner!

OK, how could that be?

Remember the roles Don Knotts has played and they consistently show him to be empathetic and taking up for the underdog. He always wins in the end. Even when he was playing a goofy person like Barney Fife, he still was very approachable and would always make people laugh along with him rather than at him.

Contrast that with George Clooney, a good looking guy who pretty much is exploited for his looks with roles that showcase that. Take his looks away and what do you have? I'm not sure that any of the roles he has played will put his name down in history as immortal as our lowly Mr. Knotts.

In the sex appeal category, it all depends if you are just looking for a flash in the pan or a deeper relationship. George Clooney may end up looking like Don Knotts in a few years.

Dependable, kind, funny, intelligent never gets old.
 Durst1st
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/10/2008 9:31:46 AM
Remember the movie with Don...he played a fish...lol...can't think of the name...the incredible Mr...something...lol
My favorite uncle is built like and looks just like Don Knotts....lol

Hey lady you ridin' the bonfire ride,,,
 Forum Junkie
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:44:56 AM

And I do have a fat daughter and fat friends...but just WOULD NEVER date anyone that's FAT...PERIOD
Don"t want to offend or demean anyone...just voicing my opinion...and last time I checked I was still FREE to do that....

We all know what we like or don't like in other people. Just because someone is blunt enough to speak their mind and not candy coat there feelings doesn't mean they are wrong about how they feel. It just might mean that despite what some folks would say, that not all have the same level of tact in expressing themselves. So on the one hand you cna deem what was said as cruel and brass. But on the other hand you have to give her credit for having the balls to stand up and speak her mind on a subject that is not popular to address. Nosaying I condone or condemn it at all, just saying it takes all types.

P S

This explains why the first time she met me she looked uncomfortable, probably was choking back a lil bit of regurgitation- afterall I'm fat even by fat people's standards.
 bluzedog1
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 11:08:36 AM
I'm waiting for the next obese person to read her post and apply for a job with the intent of filing a discrimination lawsuit. Announcing prejudices about whom you want to date should be encouraged, as it saves everyone a lot of time and sometimes some hurt feelings to know in advance, but not such a good idea when it comes to your hiring practices.
 Diesel66
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/10/2008 11:26:35 AM
Well I believe a person is allowed to hire anyone they wish for their own business. If someone is not in the physical condition to do the job then they should not be hired.

Put yourself in this scenerio.... You request a cleaning person to clean your house. You come home to find someone covered in sweat where they have worked up such a sweat you can smell it/see it dripping off them , they are breathing hard from trying to keep the pace up, and you can almost see their veins popping from their heart beating so fast. Would you be okay with it or would you call the employer stressing your concern in the matter of how this does not represent their business very well.

Same thing goes with tattoos! I love a man with tattos! But in a lot of your business these days they require they not be seen. So if it comes down to two people with the same qualifications one is clean cut and one is covered in tat's which is goin to get hired....
 Neysha61
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2008 11:39:46 AM
Discrimination comes in many forms. Life is full of it in one form or another.
But if you are an employer, better watch your P's and Q's about them.

The amount which one sweats, perspires, glows etc. whether exerting theirself or simply sitting still, is not directly indicitive of their weight, size, sex etc. Maybe a physiology course would explain this in better detail. Or talk to someone with a condition known as hyperhidrosis.

And no I don't work OR pre-op.

Now I must take my parts to work and look at other peoples parts. Somebody's gotta do it, ya know?
 grannybritches
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:17:38 PM
Oh, I know I will regret asking this next question. So please don't anyone go ballistic with your posts!

In line with the direction this thread has gone in, do you think that being politically correct removes a person's freedom of speech? I remember the old saying, "I don't agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it." Nobody seems willing to defend that nowadays, and it is possible for one sentence to ruin a person's reputation, wreck a career, and bring on lawsuits. Do you think what a person says should be policed?
 countrytat
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:17:47 PM
Tattoo's....depends on what job you are filling the position for :)
 Diesel66
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:21:09 PM
I'm to old to care what someone thinks about me. If they want to judge me on what I say, who I hang out with, who I've dated, what I do for a living or my preferences in who I want to date or what I want to ride then thats their choice!

I'm a big girl with broad shoulders and have a tat!
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > Parts is parts so don't knock it