Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Feel i am becoming addicted to POF i am on it every spare moment.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 curlyb136
Msg: 1
Feel i am becoming addicted to POF i am on it every spare moment. Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I am a little worried i am becoming addicted to POF it is great fun chatting away especially as i rattle about in my house on my own most of the time but unfortunately i get nothing else done.
I sit up late, admittedly usually in bed chatting away and then struggle to get up in the morning i was going to start work at 7 and here it is 9.20 and i am still on here am i losing the plot? Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea how i can curb this addiction? I don't think time limits will work cos i have no one to answer to or to tell me off.
Opinions welcome good or bad but please don't b to horrid to me.
 Macforty
Msg: 2
Feel i am becoming addicted to POF i am on it every spare moment.
Posted: 6/12/2008 1:30:38 AM
Has anyone else experienced this? Any idea how i can curb this addiction?

I would imagine most of us have at some point. I just close my account every now and again or actually get involved in the dating side more ............What better way is there of occupying your time than a good woman in your bed !!
 blondy83
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/12/2008 1:47:39 AM
That wont last long, youl get sick of it!
 THEFINALSIX
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/12/2008 3:00:36 AM
i was once like you,..spend countless hours on pof,chatting,talking dirty,it was fun,but wasted a lot of time,now i only really use pc in work to come onto pof,of course its addictive,but just think,you could be using coke instead.
 MrJohnnyB
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/12/2008 3:04:47 AM
The best way to curb your addiction could be to get laid? I find that I'll happily sit on here for hours unless I've got something more important to do (anything) prioritise your work, if you dont need to work, then it doesnt matter. My job is such that I have long periods of doing jaff all which get spread over various tinternet sites, its a hard job, but I struggle on.
 bizkit with tea
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/12/2008 3:33:25 AM
it happens alot when you first start going on , after a while you will become bored of it, and sick of some of the people who post on here as well and will leave for a short while and then return.

it will straighten itself to a normal amount of time in the end , whatever a normal amount might mean
 chrissy-wigan
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/12/2008 3:55:53 AM
i have times like that then i get bored, go off for awhile then start all over again.
just enjoy your doing no harm to anyone.
 forevaautumn
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:16:23 AM
Open the closest window and throw your PC out, instant cure!
Try not to injure anyone in the process...

short
 Blademate
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:24:17 AM
The best cure is another message board to become addicted to.

Many a true word.......?
 curlyb136
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:09:30 AM
Thanx for that i don't feel so bad now.
I owe u all one for the reassurance.
Curly.
 TwinklePops
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:10:12 AM
I think this happenes alot to people when they first join!
 Fierce Fish
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:17:41 AM
Bless you bless you bless you.

This site is a brilliant free site, it gives us so much fun fun fun. But dont forget who is paying your bills. By spending most of your time on here.. (Do i need to carry on? lol)

By the way i am an addict to this site too.
 garygee1
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/12/2008 7:34:15 AM

By the way i am an addict to this site too.

I was an addict as well but decided to find a new avenue to spend my time, only thing was , got caught in a time warp and have been playing poker instead of talking bollicks on here...

Aaaaah the things we do when bored....lmao
 pantsonfire
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 8:11:19 AM
^^ Arrghhh me too .. FB poker is the new addiction ...Maybe it might be an idea ... Speed Poker dating lolol ...

I go in cycles now, sometimes I'll be on here lot's other times I get bored very quickly ....
 ~Hams~
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/12/2008 9:22:26 AM
I don't spend as much time on here now or write to anybody and prefer to keep
to myself since I came back recently after deleting my profile on here last month.....

I would suggest taking up another worth while past time OP like morris dancing or yoga
 baviaans kloof
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/12/2008 10:20:26 AM
i'm also an addict...

i got bored with chatting, messaging and dating a long time ago tho, and only come on to read and post on the forums. it worries me too. every now and again i delete so that i can catch up with my life but i normally come back.

i'm really happy to not be involved or have profiles on any other sites because i just wouldn't cope with them all.

now i set myself targets... when i have done this, that and the other then i log on - learn to compromise with your committments.
 l3sl3y
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/12/2008 2:15:21 PM
compared to other sites I've been on I find the forums here quite slow - so actually find I spend less time on here which is great - I'm actually getting out and doing other things rather than getting too involved on here
 TwinklePops
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/12/2008 2:24:49 PM
I have to agree, i was on a different site, where there was chatroom, that was pretty addictive, the forums here are pretty slow compared.
 Ididotrod
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:18:52 PM
Hey don't worry about it we're all addicted. I have noticed it's all the usual faces/forumites posting here.

I have tried many times to quit, but I can't. I no longer can find the time to date.
 - Jules2008 -
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:30:56 PM
I was once addicted to POF...I found a job and now come online when I have a little time to add my opinion or go to meets...that first rush of addction will pass...eventually...
 pennyapple
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/12/2008 5:50:01 PM
OP. Stick with it, but go fishing too.
Not getting any poffy points for saying it, it works.
The 'addiction' to the site will pass quickly.
I'm still dating and enjoying a fish that I met on this site.
Although, I have to say, "This my fishy friend" disnae work as an introduction

Macforty
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/13/2008 1:43:37 AM
My names Mac and I am an addict .

I first come onto this site to meet like minded people then ventured onto the forums.
How was I to know the hellish journey ahead of me ?

I started off with the odd post here and there but then it became progressively worse as the minutes turned into hours and the hours turned into days.

Eventually my dog was taken into care where he was under nourished, I had neglected to feed him because I was too busy in a copy and paste war ( I had wondered why he had been whimpering under my pc desk with those sorrowful eyes)
But rest assured there is help out there !!
 l3sl3y
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/13/2008 3:12:04 AM
as a relative newbie to the forums on this site I'm still trying to come to grips with all the rules

It kind of stunts the flow when people reply to something you've said but you can't reply back because you've posted your alloted quota on a particular subject.
 Macforty
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/13/2008 5:42:14 AM

It kind of stunts the flow when people reply to something you've said but you can't reply back because you've posted your alloted quota on a particular subject.

The longer and more wordy your posts the more posts you can have !!
This way you can override your alloted quota !!
 l3sl3y
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/14/2008 8:04:13 AM
ah so that's how they do it - I was wondering lol

but does anyone read all the very long posts?

I can never be bothered - lol

this is a very strange rule - I have had to pad this out to make my reply which seems a lot of hard work
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Feel i am becoming addicted to POF i am on it every spare moment.