Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > she doesn't like me spending money on her      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vincelebron
Msg: 1
she doesn't like me spending money on herPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
What should I do? I'm her boyfriend and I love her and want to take her out on dates and spend money on her but she doesn't like me spending money on her. She says I don't have to and I tell her I know I don't have to I want to!
 BaldyisBeautiful
Msg: 2
view profile
History
she doesn't like me spending money on her
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:19:01 PM
let her spend her money on you if she makes more then you do? I'd love to be a kept man .. but damnit, I can' t find a good sugar mama!
 jimtash71
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:21:22 PM
She either wants affection shown in a different deeper way or she's getting ready to end the relationship.
 psssst
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:22:09 PM
Show her how you are not spending money on her... send her the link to your free profile that states you are single...

That'll impress the hell right out of her...
 Invictus01
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:22:33 PM
Go to a strip club. You won't have that problem there.

Seriously though... she doesn't want you to spend money on her? Cool. Find other ways. Send her some flowers to work. What, she is gonna send them back or something?
 Lynsteph74
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:31:20 PM
Well, so what? You can do it anyway, but in smaller, less flashy ways that wont hurt her sense of independence. Let her pay for breakfast, but you buy the more expensive dinner, so she will feel like she has apid her way...or you get the tab, but let her tip....or be patient, she will either get over it, or you will, sooner or later.
 lilbruiser
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:33:32 PM
Maybe she wants you to know that she is not for sale.........

If she feels your trying to buy her affections, she will only move further away by more extravagent displays of your affection on your part.
 vincelebron
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:42:19 PM
I know she's not for sale but she's my gf shouldn't I be taken her out on dates?
 imsophie1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:47:35 PM
Guys don't want golddiggers, but they get confused by a woman who doesn't like it when they spend money on her. Go figure!

I don't like anyone spending money on me. I've always been like that.
 jimtash71
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:48:14 PM
I know she's not for sale but she's my gf shouldn't I be taken her out on dates?

Whether the women on here agree or not, men like to spend money on their SO's. So it's quite odd that she puts up a front for you to not spend any on her. Be wary and don't be too surprised if she's looking somewhere else. I'm not saying she definitely is but I would be asking some questions if I were you. Unless you're deep in debt or something, I'd be sitting down with her and talking.
 angelaisthecoolest
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:48:52 PM
Some women have a complex about people spending money on them because they hear over and over again how some men think that all women are gold-digging whores. Do nice things for her that don't cost a lot of money, and maybe she'll realize that you're being kind to her because you want to and not because you think you have to.

For me, it's a matter of fairness. I don't have a lot of money, so I feel like someone is being short-changed if they spend a ton of money on me (not that that has ever happened in a dating situation) because I am not in a position to go out and spend 100$ on a random gift all the time or expensive dinners.

It's not necessary to be all fancy. It makes some people uncomfortable.
 rune3
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:50:12 PM

she's my gf shouldn't I be taken her out on dates?
Not if she doesn't want that, no. I don't like people spending money on me either. I like for things to be fair. If she doesn't have a lot of money to splash around herself (to spend on you), then it's hard for things to be fair if you are spending money on her. Save your money; having a loving girlfriend is not something that necessarily costs you anything at all, contrary to what many men state. Go for a walk, sit and hold hands, talk, have a tickle fight. Being together is priceless.
 vincelebron
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:50:53 PM
Well I just ordered some flowers for her. I got some yellow roses cuz I know she likes yellow flowers.
 jimtash71
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:53:12 PM
I like for things to be fair.

So you're saying that you wouldn't have a relationship with a man that lives in a house that's paid off and wouldn't ask you for a dime to cover the bills? That it's not fair to you? I mean like WTF? Please.
 angelaisthecoolest
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:54:35 PM
So you're saying that you wouldn't have a relationship with a man that lives in a house that's paid off and wouldn't ask you for a dime to cover the bills? That it's not fair to you? I mean like WTF?

Absolutely not.

If I married a multi-millionaire tomorrow I would still go to work every day and make money and pay my share. Anything else would be unfair.
 jimtash71
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:58:22 PM

If I married a multi-millionaire tomorrow I would still go to work every day and make money and pay my share. Anything else would be unfair.

You're getting off track here. I never said anything about not working but rune up there is talking about fairness. Work and do what you want but if the man has the basics covered, is it a fair situation and would a woman go for it?
 Invictus01
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 7:59:19 PM

So you're saying that you wouldn't have a relationship with a man that lives in a house that's paid off and wouldn't ask you for a dime to cover the bills? That it's not fair to you? I mean like WTF? Please.

Dude... I don't care how much money I make, but if a girl asked me to cover her bills I'd tell her to bleep off...
 jimtash71
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:00:17 PM
Dude... I don't care how much money I make, but if a girl asked me to cover her bills I'd tell her to bleep off...

Not her bills per se but the utilities and such. She can pay for her own car and stuff like that.
 Invictus01
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:01:26 PM

Not her bills per se but the utilities and such.

Same difference...
 angelaisthecoolest
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:02:56 PM

You're getting off track here. I never said anything about not working but rune up there is talking about fairness. Work and do what you want but if the man has the basics covered, is it a fair situation and would a woman go for it?

That's exactly what I meant but I just didn't express it well.

If I got together with a man with a lot of money who offered me a free place to live with the bills paid because he had the money to cover it I would absolutely, positively not go for it. I would either find a job where I could contribute fairly or move on from the situation.

That would be just like, to me, someone offering to take me to Europe for two weeks free of charge. If I can't pay half, I'm not going. That's only fair. I've worked for everything I've ever had in my entire life, and the only free thing I accept is the occasional birthday gift or something.

Then again, I'm weird and most women would jump all over that.
 Invictus01
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:05:33 PM
Angela, you go girl.

I can't belive I just said THAT.
 jimtash71
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:07:10 PM

If I got together with a man with a lot of money who offered me a free place to live with the bills paid because he had the money to cover it I would absolutely, positively not go for it. I would either find a job where I could contribute fairly or move on from the situation.

I respect your answer and it's the right one BTW.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:09:56 PM
I'm with pssst on this one...OP, a week ago you were asking for advice on how you could get better responses to your profile...now you're with a girlfriend you're "in love with"?
 vincelebron
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:10:38 PM
Let's not get too far off topic here people
 jimtash71
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/19/2008 8:12:39 PM

I'm with pssst on this one...OP, a week ago you were asking for advice on how you could get better responses to your profile...now you're with a girlfriend you're "in love with"?

Whoa. Is he trying to buy someone's affection?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > she doesn't like me spending money on her