Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What Women Want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tattoo_lurch
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What Women Want?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Ok, a spontanious thought which is probably really original too.

What do women wanna see written on a guy's profile?

I've been told to be myself, which i've done with no sucess
Been told to keep it simple, which i have done and been considered as a idiot
Been told to be descriptive which obviously bored the pants off women
 november babee
Msg: 2
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 2:00:09 AM
well we are all individual, so we will all want something different...

you cant please all the people all the time...
 tattoo_lurch
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:32:33 AM
ok doing exactly thata, everyone else, please feel free to ban this thread hahaha
 Mannish Boy
Msg: 4
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:47:41 AM
Mines a good profile, the reasoning behind it is, if you wanna know, ask
 miz Understood
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:55:12 AM
What women want is so simple even a man should be able to work it out.

We want a man to have a body of a Greek God, the ability to read minds. One that knows when to shut up. One that loves that we get cranky at times. One that knows how to operate household equipment such as a washing machine, iron and lavatory seat.
He should be funny witty and intelligent, but not remotely interested in any of our friends- even the ones that look like super-models. He must of course know the difference between beige and cafe au lait.

He is addicted to nothing worse than our love handles, and never thinks our bum looks big in anything.

His greatest pleasure is assisting with our multiple orgasms, and greatful that we let him in our bed. He of couse has exactly the same libido as us....is happy sometimes to just cuddle...and never just rolls over and snores after marathon sex sessions.

He rips his clothes off with enthusiasm at bedtime, and in the morning puts them in the laundry basket...or even the washing machine.

He changes loo rolls and light bulbs without being asked, and cooks a meal or does the ironing without expecting a round of applause.
It goes without saying that of course he loves our families, and never gets bored with great aunt Hilda's repeated ramblings.

His idea of a fun is to mow our lawn on a Sunday morning while we lie in, before whisking us away for a lovely lunch....and never expects us to drive.

Now, that is not a lot to ask is it.
 groovespirit
Msg: 6
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:00:01 AM

Now, that is not a lot to ask is it

Errr, definitely not Miz Understood (Groovy says as he is busy taking copious notes!)
 blondy83
Msg: 7
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:13:31 AM
just be yourself, thats all. If your not happy with yourself, do something about it...
 tattoo_lurch
Msg: 8
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:16:56 AM
perfectly happy with myself and i have tried being myself on my profile. But as i said, still nothing, been on this site for 2 sad years now and only met 2 women off it... once a yr isn't exactly what i had in mind hahaha and trust me, they were breif encounters :P
 The Other Left
Msg: 9
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:20:26 AM
Miz Understood...

[
One that knows how to operate household equipment such as a washing machine, iron and lavatory seat...

never thinks our bum looks big in anything...

greatest pleasure is assisting with our multiple orgasms...

changes loo rolls ...

cooks a meal or does the ironing without expecting a round of applause....

So what you're basically asking for is another woman then!

One that knows when to shut up

ah, no you're not ;)
 midlandstaurus33
Msg: 10
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:24:44 AM
Someone who doesn't think of themselves ALL the time!

As for an Adonis....hmmm i'd be happy with the norm really. I mean can't expect a man to have the body of an Adonis, if you have love handles now can you?

Just someone who accepts you for you. Respects you and is loyal, not flirting and making suggestive comments to your mates! Doesn't have anything to prove with themselves, and certainly don't need to try hard.

Oh and doesn't think that drinking themselves silly and then banging on about a hangover, and having a mood the next day (so that it affects people around them) is an attractive attribute lol
 Mannish Boy
Msg: 11
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:25:44 AM
Msg 10 LMFAO
 Honey Nut
Msg: 12
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 4:34:10 AM
Yep pmsl at message 10 too !!!
 wilki1510
Msg: 13
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:11:44 PM
I've been told to be myself, which I've done with no success.

I was myself......and so was i.

Been told to keep it simple, which i have done and been considered as a idiot

Yes keep it simple....Women like simple.And the blond ones don't have to read so much.......Oops ill burn in hell for that .

Been told to be descriptive which obviously bored the pants off women

I was descriptive too....almost got me a life time ban
 TallGraham
Msg: 14
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:22:12 PM
Ahhh the age old question that has plagued man since the dawn of time "What do women want?"

If it was that easy then we wouldn't need all these dating sites and forums would we?

The man that does figure it out will write a book and become the richest man on the planet over night.

My advice for now is give up trying to work out what women want. I've spent years trying to work out why what I did today was wrong when it was right yesterday or vice versa. Watch out for dangerous phrases like "I'm fine!" and "Do whatever you want!". Just go with the flow and see what happens.

(And for exra advice, ignore everything I have said as I clearly haven't got a clue what I'm doing. If I did I wouldn't be on this site and would get a lot more responses from the ladies )
 dave28011965
Msg: 15
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:25:44 PM
well i cant do the greek god bit but the rest is easy lol but then it should be easy for most of us men to change a lightbulb. dave . x
 TimR_
Msg: 16
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 3:44:37 PM

Posted By: november babee on 6/30/2008 10:00:09 AM
Subject: What Women Want?
Message: well we are all individual, so we will all want something different...

you cant please all the people all the time...

especially the female of the species
 JustAndy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 5:11:05 PM
No point in asking a woman that question - by the time she's finished answering, she'll have changed her mind completely and have to start all over again
 SweetBabyblues
Msg: 18
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 8:52:48 PM
A smart man will read this article

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=50735

Yes some blondes do read
 rev_guilliano
Msg: 19
What Women Want?
Posted: 6/30/2008 11:08:53 PM
There is a VERY simple answer to this........

Women want a woman with a willy!
 johnnycomelately1
Msg: 20
What Women Want?
Posted: 7/1/2008 12:57:59 AM
Women only want one thing- EVERYTHING ....!

just be yourself, thats all. If your not happy with yourself, do something about it

I think you forgot to put this on the end ...... " pretend to be someone else ! "

There's a famous saying / expression coined by Confucius,Chief adviser to Pope Pouri 1978-1981 that goes something like this " Better to be yourself and die a virgin than to pretend to be somebody else and die from the over exertion of f*cking a different woman every day".

I think Confusingus was chatting sh*t and personally I would take the opposite view.
I hope these pearls of wisdom help you in your quest OP. Good luck....
 tattoo_lurch
Msg: 21
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 7/1/2008 2:03:22 AM
ooooooooooook, i was only originally asking for advice on what to have written on my profile that might somehow make me seem a little less boring, not how to bed a woman before even editing my profile :P.
 blondy83
Msg: 22
What Women Want?
Posted: 7/1/2008 2:21:01 AM
Women want to be treated like they are the only woman in the world
 Labdien!
Msg: 23
What Women Want?
Posted: 7/1/2008 2:44:25 AM

Women want to be treated like they are the only woman in the world

Surely not.

How would they have the time for a relationship if they had all the washing, ironing, cooking etc in the world to do?
 DFishwick
Msg: 24
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 7/1/2008 3:53:29 AM
Im not a women so cant speak for them but my advice is:
1. Dont put anything too negative in your profile (this makes them think you still have serious emotional issues to deal with)
2. Dont lie (yet you'll be suprised how many do!)
3. Try to make it sound as interessting as possible.
4. Think about what makes you unique and try to empthasise it.
5. The length isnt important: its the content. You dont need to put in all your details just a summary really.
6. Make sure you include what you're looking for (if you know lol?)
I dont agree with all of it really as alot of it comes down to how you advertise your self, as opposed to who you really are and this creates a somewhat deceptive response rate.
Ive not found anyone yet and many females say my profile is rubbish (well thats up to them obviously), but well, compared to my old profile which was very negative, it has had a much better viewing rate and response rate so it clearly has had an effect.
 andrew_charlton87
Msg: 25
view profile
History
What Women Want?
Posted: 7/1/2008 3:58:03 AM

Im not a women

Good observation.

But seriously, I'd agree with most of your points. The worst thing is to lie, because sooner or later you'll get found out. If you're serious about using this site to meet people you might as well just be straight-up from the beginning.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > What Women Want?