Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Newfoundland  > St. John's 30-plus club      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Middle Aged Crazy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus clubPage 1 of 1    
Hi, I hope this shows up as the one I posted about Canada Day yesterday morning hasn't.
The 30-plus club is having a dance at the Legion on Blackmarsh Road on Saturday night at 9:30. Might be something to check out.
I'm not a member and only know what I've read on their website. Can I list it here? http://members.tripod.com/30plusclubinc/index.html
I also called their office to get an idea of what ages actually go to the events but just got an answering machine which is where I learned about the dance. There is also a walk in Bowring Park tomorrow night if that interests anyone.
Anyway, check it out yourselves. Their number is on the website. I'll post again if I hear back from them with any more information. I think it would be nice if a bunch of us went (as long as not all of the members are over 80, lol).
Linda
 Middle Aged Crazy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 7/2/2008 3:05:49 PM
A woman called me back about the club. She said there are about 150 members and usually over 100 go to the dances. The largest age group is probably 50ish but there are all ages up to late 60s.
I am going to go. If anyone else is that would be great. Let me know.
They also have card, dart and bowling nights.
BTW, it is a singles club, don't think I mentioned that, lol.
Linda
 Middle Aged Crazy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 7/5/2008 11:15:41 AM
Well, people are reading but not posting anything. What does that mean?
Anyway, I am going to this singles dance tonight, 9:30 at the Legion on Blackmarsh, hope to see some of you (male and female) there.
Linda
 Middle Aged Crazy
Msg: 4
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 7/5/2008 1:37:35 PM
I think it's against the rules for me to post so many times in a row so someone else could put their two cents worth in! I forgot to add that denim is not permitted at the singles dance.
L
 justme05
Msg: 5
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 7/19/2008 2:21:41 AM
Is there going to be another one ?
 smileyb
Msg: 6
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/6/2008 5:24:43 PM
I have attended those dances. Even thought the dances are meant for singles, it seems as if 85% of the people attending are regular couples. When the dances were held at the Curling club in St. John's, there were more single people attending the event, both man and female.
 marlha
Msg: 7
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/11/2008 2:04:57 PM
hi.
i live about 150 km. outside the city. But on weekends when not working i would love to have some friends to do things with, such as dances or whatever. If any friends out there to befriend a shy bay person, please reply.
 seaenchantress
Msg: 8
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:23:51 PM
I's love to go to the dance if I am in town, but I don't know anyone to go with. Got to get my nerve up I guess, and stop hiding in the shadows. rofl
 justme05
Msg: 9
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/15/2008 5:34:03 AM
I am not able to go this sat but called the line for some information and waiting to hear back
 Middle Aged Crazy
Msg: 10
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/24/2008 8:24:05 PM
Hi, their website is http://members.tripod.com/30plusclubinc/index.html. I went to the dance in July, I was sooo uncomfortable. The woman I had talked with on the phone sat me down with some women and introduced me but nobody was very chatty. I also found the women to be considerably younger than the men. Where are the 40-50 year old menmen hiding? I don't think there was a single man there under 50. It seemed to be all about dancing which is not my cup of tea. I like to have a few drinks and talk to people and maybe, just maybe I can be coaxed onto the dance floor later. It would be much more fun to go out with a female friend or two or three or even get some of the men on here to go.
Linda
 seaenchantress
Msg: 11
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/26/2008 8:15:18 AM
Anything on the go for a dance around Sept 5th or 6th? I'm available on that weekend.

Crazy, I went to one of those dances alone years ago too and I felt very uncomfortable as well. Sometimes women are each others worse enemy. lol But if we can get a gang and all go together that would be fun.

Once I went to the Bella Vista and the people there were very welcoming! We could try that too maybe?
 smileyb
Msg: 12
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 8/28/2008 4:54:04 PM
I believe that there is a dance on Sept. 6 on Blackmarsh Road. I agree that the woman at the 30+ dances are afraid of newcomers.
 Scotia Kitty
Msg: 13
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 9/6/2008 3:08:26 PM
Sept 6 - I just found out that the St. John's 30+ Club is having a dance tonight at the Blackmarsh Legion. I think I'll go.
 decentdarlin
Msg: 14
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 9/28/2008 8:20:19 AM
And how did the dance go......I am coming back next summer and wondering ig I will be stuck in the house until I am 80. I am almost 40, but not quite dead yet. :)
 koragirl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 9/3/2009 3:45:25 PM
what is the age range usually there for men and for women?
 puddingpops
Msg: 16
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:18:22 AM
A friend of mine asked me to go to one of those dances with her. I had never heard of the group before, so I agreed to go with her to keep her company. I don't ever want to be caught dead there again.....EVER! Unless you're 65 or older, don't bother to go. I think they gave themselves that name to make them feel younger. The group consists cliques that sit together and don't talk to anyone other than themselves. (so bring your own date) Some will get up and dance (only with each other), while others will sit down and size up the newbies all night and are obviously trying to find as many faults with them as possible. Apparently, they have a 'dress code'. You can't wear jeans. While I was there, another newbie was being kicked out of the event because he didn't know any better and came wearing jeans. To me, he looked respectable. He wasn't causing any trouble and they had no reason to boot him out, other than the fact that they are the most childish senior citizens I've ever had the misfortune to see. ( I was going to say "meet" in that sentence, but I chose the word "see" because nobody there was friendly or welcoming in any way....the only person I "met" or spoke to was the lady who took the cover charge) Oh, and while I think of it....the lady who took the cover charge didn't say anything to the "jeans man" when she was taking his money. He was there for about an hour before he got kicked out....and I don' t think he got a refund either. So if that sounds like your idea of fun.....have at 'er!
 jennydiane
Msg: 17
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 7/6/2010 3:39:19 PM
please contact me i would loveto go
 funnyguyy11
Msg: 18
view profile
History
St. John's 30-plus club
Posted: 5/2/2013 1:50:27 PM
30 plus has all ages some good people there,lots of fun..
Show ALL Forums  > Newfoundland  > St. John's 30-plus club