Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > The Pizza thread.!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 robertpaulson
Msg: 1
The Pizza thread.!!!Page 1 of 1    
So I wanted to come out and tell you guys about the best pizza I have ever had.

Ordinarily I am a preetty normal pizza guy, sausage, mushrooms, groundbeef, peperonni....the normal stuff.

However a couple of times in my life I have had the pleasure of eating deep dish vegitarian mexican pizza, and the secret ingredient Refried beans, spread in a layer between the crust and the sauce make a filling and excellent adition to a "Mexican" pizza.

Not a good choice or date night, but a great pizza.
 MysticalWorld
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/10/2012 7:41:09 PM
Mexican pizza tastes awesome when served fresh. However, the next day ... left-overs are a toss-up: cold beans vs. microwaved lettuce.

Hawaiian pizza is good, but also crave Pepperoni & Pineapple. Yum!
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/10/2012 10:06:49 PM
Pizza is one of many a vast
course(s)in CulinaryArts.Thinking.A Latin/Mexican deep-dish pizza?&Its a Bean pizza-refried bean pizza.Well that's..interesting.&So the secret is in the dough or how beans are made Ah Its the bean(s)the ingred.that are secret.so the key is beans its how its layered amongst crust & sauce adds to it etc.Hm Sounds not so bad to mayb try.What sort of beans etc. &Vegetarian is good.Nice pepperoni & pineapple is ok & so is Hawiiaan but not keen on the ham..its ok though.Now how about shrimp & pineapple eh.Hm Wonder if pizza with'whitesauce'etc i.e alfredo would be same as delicious too. Thinking.Maybe Gourmet Pizza with lots of cheese(mix blend variety)& spicy sausages beef/chicken/duck/quail/turkey pepperoni/bacon with spinache asparagus/broccoli,maybe eggplant/artichoke,mushrooms, shrimp, pineapple,egg/yolk,potatoes tomatoes sweet peppers hotpeppers/jalepenos olives corn-babycorn/ kernels, fish
&Etcs ToBeCont
 Moonchild51
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/11/2012 10:31:40 AM
I can honestly say that I have never had a mexican pizza but it certainly does sound tasty! I will have to check out what is available here and try it!
 MsMicki
Msg: 5
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/11/2012 8:30:31 PM
Just made my fave pizza tonight!!

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

1 pre-made crust (Boboli or other brand)
Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce - evenly spread onto crust
Cooked and shredded chicken breast (canned will do in a pinch)
diced canned tomatos - lightly sprinkle around
bacon bits (I make my own but store bought will work) - it's bacon, the more the better! :)
shredded mozzerella - smother everything with the cheese

bake till bubbly and golden.......you can also grill it!
 SerendipityHappens
Msg: 6
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/12/2012 3:12:59 AM
mmmm that sounds really good actually. I will have to make that some time. I make REALLY good refried beans with extra cilantro and garlic I'll give it a shot next time I make a batch. I imagine that you'd do crust, beans, cheese onions, peppers, and tomatoes.. bake. then top with lettuce and some sort of fresh salsa. My only concern would be if this would adequately cook in a regular oven. I think I'd put it on a heated pizza stone on a low rack for sure due to concern about the dense beans preventing the bottom crust from cooking.
 dsljim
Msg: 7
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:50:29 AM
Take a look at Just Pizza Menu online, 16 varieties of crusts or combinations of crusts,75 varieties of pizza on the menu. If nothing else it will give you some great ideas to try at home. Like my triple cheese, prime rib, Bacon,and stuffed pepper deluxe on a poppy seed /garlic crust.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 8
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/12/2012 6:58:29 AM
OMG Jim, what time is supper? If I leave now I could be there in two days? lol...

This thread is great and has given me some super ideas other than just the standard deluxe pizza. Pepperoni, bacon, green pepper, mushrooms, olives and onions...
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 9
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/12/2012 8:54:41 AM
Absolute best pizza I've ever had was a Costco purchase. Tandoori pizza - the crust was the naan bread and I've tried to recreate it, but unfortunately I've failed miserably... and as the status quo, I've not seen it for sale since that second time I bought it...
 StephenWS
Msg: 10
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/14/2012 9:24:44 AM
Best crust I have ever had was a Sweet Potato Crust pizza. Man the toppings didnt matter I was addicted to the crust.
 KorageHu
Msg: 11
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/25/2012 8:13:22 PM
i want lamb and lobster on my pizza.
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 12
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 4/26/2012 1:10:28 AM
:p lambpizza??? Keep the lobster but..shudders mutton x.x Well mayb its not so bad..Baa
Now how about a pizza thats with diff.cheeses & pineapple/mango mayb peaches with Jamaicanjerk quail &Chineseeggplant on naan bread &mayb use alfredo as thats better then redsauce..or curry chicken/braised-beefbrisket pizza.. or carrot spinache asparagus broccoli pizza!ooh sweetpotato pizzacrust sounds good &add it with yam & Taro (: the Indian style pizzas i.e tandoori sounds good too
&Etcs To Be Cont.
 bwena
Msg: 13
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 5/18/2012 8:51:19 PM
BBQ Chicken Bacon Flatbread

Crust of choice
Shredded cooked chicken
1-2 green onion sliced
Bacon bits
Bbq sauce
Pizza blend shredded cheese
Parmesan Cheese

I buy a gluten free pre-cooked individual sized crust. Layer on the chicken, bacon and green onion. Top with your choice of cheese and put it under the broiler for a few min. When you take it out, drizzle a Tbsp of bbq sauce across the top and slice. Absolutely addictive!
 TruthGrower
Msg: 14
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 6/25/2012 10:28:10 PM
Pizza has no rules. My latest is salmon, capers and tarragon on a cream, garlic, chees sauce base.

1 pint canned sockeye salmon ( fresh is too good for pizza)
1 tablespoon capers fine chopped
garlic or garlic shoots, fine chopped
green papper fine slice
dried tarragon for sauce
fresh tarragon for finish
mozzarella and parmesan
home-made pizza dough or bought pizza dough

press and strecth dough to fit pan
melt butter and parmesan cheese, add cream and tarragon, reduce until thick
spread sauce on dough
Place sliced canned salmon on pizza
Sprinkle chopped capers add sliced green peppers and garlic
sprinkle liberally with cracked pepper
grate mozzarealla over

Bake at 425 for 23-25 minutes
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 15
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 6/26/2012 12:44:35 AM

1 pint canned sockeye salmon ( fresh is too good for pizza)
1 tablespoon capers fine chopped
garlic or garlic shoots, fine chopped
green papper fine slice
dried tarragon for sauce
fresh tarragon for finish
mozzarella and parmesan
home-made pizza dough or bought pizza dough

um......what exactly does "fresh is too good for pizza" mean?

k.w.
rule #1
 TruthGrower
Msg: 16
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 6/26/2012 12:35:04 PM
Sorry to abbreviate my thinking. What I mean is that if I have fresh sockeye salmon there are ways to cook it that will feature the amazing qualities of fresh sockeye. Just steaming it with garlic and dill, or a more elaborate method of cooking it gently makes sockeye salmon some of the best food I know of. I can a few boxes every year and find the results to be much nicer than what I've experienced with commercially canned sockeye.
 TruthGrower
Msg: 17
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/6/2012 8:27:04 PM
I attempted to emulate Boston Pizza in their incredible Tuscan Chicken pizza:

Sundried tomatos
Grilled chicken breast
Spinach leaves
and all the regulars: pomodoro tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan

I habitually use fresh basil on my pizzas, but leave this ingredient out for this pie, using spinach leaves instead.
 afitnessmodel
Msg: 18
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/7/2012 7:57:28 PM
I love breakfast pizza anytime...I'm going to have to try the Mexican pizza soon...sounds so good... yum! :o)
 ^campfires^
Msg: 19
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/8/2012 7:10:30 AM
I make my Mexican pizza with no lettuce or beans:
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- finely diced tomatoes
- chopped onions
- black olives
- shredded cheese
I apply sour cream after cooking.

Keep Cooking!
 jojoaus
Msg: 20
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/8/2012 10:41:13 PM
One that I haven't done in a while but that my fuss-pot dad used to love (maybe he still does) is just your favourite pizza sauce on the base, then add with very finely sliced onion, however much you like, then finished off with eggplant slices that you have char grilled to almost black. In between the eggplant rounds add sliced tomatoes and top each bit of tomato with a fresh basil leaf. Finish off with not-too-much cheese. I like the pizza blend ones you can buy ready shredded. If you have a fresh mozzarella ball, maybe put a round of that on the tomato. Into the hot oven or on to the pizza stone and cook til done :D
 steve_ski
Msg: 21
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/10/2012 3:30:59 PM
May not have been the best pizza I ever had, but I still remember the first time I had white pizza with garlic and clams. I was skeptical when my friends suggested it. It was good. We were up skiing in vermont.
 RhondaTaylor
Msg: 22
view profile
History
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/10/2012 5:34:44 PM
All of the pizzas talked about in this thread sound yummy but My favorite is Shrimp, Bacon and artichoke on a white garlic sauce with Mozza and fresh parm. Yum I know whats for supper tomorrow night, thanks guys!
 afitnessmodel
Msg: 23
The Pizza thread.!!!
Posted: 12/12/2012 10:38:55 AM
Few days a go...I made a Mexican Pizza Pie...yum yum... Now I want to try { My favorite is Shrimp, Bacon and artichoke on a white garlic sauce with Mozza and fresh parm}. :o)
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > The Pizza thread.!!!