Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > advantages of dating/marrying a CANADIAN GUY....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 1
advantages of dating/marrying a CANADIAN GUY....Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'd like to hear from the American women that have seen Michael Moore's latest documentary "Sicko".....I especially want to hear their opinions expressed about the huge advantages of dating/marrying a CANADIAN GUY....(this comes near the very end of the show)
 holigolightly
Msg: 2
Sicko by Michael Moore...
Posted: 7/6/2008 5:52:19 AM
I liked the movie...
And I guess dating a canadian guy would be advantageous for me in terms of convenience. I live in Canada, so it would make sense for me to date/marry someone Canadian I guess....
 night501
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 5:56:20 AM
Well im not a girl but i have seen it and i must say it opened my eyes to how screwed up the medical insurance industry is in the U.S.
 fly0nthewall
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/6/2008 7:05:29 AM
Any of us in the US who have had a dispute with the insurance companies for any reason can truly relate to this movie. It was very well done.
 luvnlife2
Msg: 5
view profile
History
advantages of dating/marrying a CANADIAN GUY....
Posted: 7/6/2008 11:54:33 AM
It's a very interesting movie and it shows how badly messed up the US health care system is.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/6/2008 5:01:01 PM
Can you be more specific? Which Canadian guy? Cuz that matters...
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:24:14 PM
Well...I would suspect that Canadian guy would be Marshallll

lol

BUSTED!!!
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:27:26 PM
Didn't see the movie.

If he thinks he can adjust to the climate in Southern Arizona desert, we'll talk. I know I can't adjust to the cold so he'd be coming to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee cuz it's all about meeeeeeeeeeee
 pretty moon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:36:14 PM
Does the Canadian guy have a father??????

and hereshecomesagain......the point is you would have to move to Canada for their health care system............
 MizQ
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:40:28 PM
I do need health insurance....Well, since it seems that the Canadian guy does not have a son...I guess I could keep looking...
*thinking she better run down to the post office and get her passport application started*
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/7/2008 5:00:57 AM
Raven star... you would be correct...I can't contact you directly because of your age restriction....but would have liked to...

Miz Q....."a son", that stings, lol
 ~charmed~
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:22:53 AM
So since Canada is considered such a nice country, we don't start wars... great health care... we have a very diverse culture... a live and let live attitude... gun control... less murders... does this mean all the men in Canada are just "nice guy's"?

Is this just another nice guy thread?

Just felt like throwing all those generalizations around... Happy Monday Morning...

~Charmed~
 luvnlife2
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:57:54 AM

So since Canada is considered such a nice country.....

If only you could do something about that winter weather. Brrrrrr..
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:48:08 PM
Ms. Charmed...

I'm not saying that and there's not a Canadian woman on POF that is going to tell you all Canadian men are nice guys. Surely you know that from personal experience.
The thread really has nothing to do with any generalizations but specifically what American women think about this very real possibility and advantages of looking for love north of their border....

I hate to think a woman would marry 'anyone' for health benefits (though I'm sure it happens) but personally I see nothing wrong with that being a motive to look north of the the border for love.

p.s. Ladies, I'm a nice guy north of the 49th parallel
 carolann0308
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:52:19 PM
The Guy doesn't have to be William Shatner does he?
 tiffanyithink
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:58:36 PM

I know I can't adjust to the cold so he'd be coming to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yeah and you'll have to adjust to the igloos and not having plumbing or electricity.
Canada's only cold in the winter darlin! Currently I'm sitting in a tank top and my underwear in the air conditioning TRYING to cool off because it's so freakin hot.
Canada is the best place in the world, and I'm sure Canadian guys can be equally egotistical and horny as the American ones but marrying them does have it's advantages!
 ~charmed~
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:21:30 PM
Ms. Charmed...

I'm not saying that and there's not a Canadian woman on POF that is going to tell you all Canadian men are nice guys. Surely you know that from personal experience.
The thread really has nothing to do with any generalizations but specifically what American women think about this very real possibility and advantages of looking for love north of their border....

I hate to think a woman would marry 'anyone' for health benefits (though I'm sure it happens) but personally I see nothing wrong with that being a motive to look north of the the border for love.

I was not being serious... and I was doing the generalizations.... I have lived here long enough to know that Canadian men come in all different shapes and sizes. Each one is an individual and should be treated that way.

There is no advantage to crossing the boarder for love. I would hope that no lady would just see health care and say hmmmmmm, a Canadian guy would be nice. I 'll go get me one of those.

Wouldn't a rich guy be better? Either way you are setting up a situation where the lady is seen to be taking advantage of a situation that a man is in... we are not all Gold Diggers...

Many people have moved to different countries for a better life. My Parents did that when they moved from Holland after WWII. It is not easy and not done lightly.

~Charmed~
 MizQ
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:33:43 PM

Miz Q....."a son", that stings, lol

My apologies...
 Wisteria-tx
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:42:13 PM
not Marshall or Shatner.....That Canadian Guy would have to be Glen Foster!
 SueCat51
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:50:37 PM
Some of the Canadian guys I've seen are HOT!!! Looks aside, it's going to boil down if Mr. Canada has a great personality. Is he full of life? Does he adore and respect women? Does he tackle each and everything in life that he encounters, with passion? Does he have a good belly laugh? Does he treat others the way he wants to be treated?
For me, it's going to come down to the man, himself. Not where he's from, but what makes him UNIQUE - and separates him from the boys!
 Optimistic for 2008
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/7/2008 4:59:48 PM
Ms Charmed...

I think you hit the nail on the head...."wouldn't a rich guy be better" well to some/many women the answer is yes...."would a guy with hair be better" to some/many the answer is yes "is a guy with this or that or the next thing better" to some/many women the answer is yes...

In other words women (and men I think to a small degree) have some mental notes of things they want in a partner and won't consider someone with out that certain 'something'

As for the 'golddigger' label, I'd only consider using that for a woman who married someone "ONLY" because they had 'this or that'....

Certainly not the case when love follows the 'must have' criteria..
 ~charmed~
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/7/2008 5:26:53 PM
I'd like to hear from the American women that have seen Michael Moore's latest documentary "Sicko".....I especially want to hear their opinions expressed about the huge advantages of dating/marrying a CANADIAN GUY....(this comes near the very end of the show)

Each individual chooses who they want to be with by their personal preferences for a mate.

I think this thread is being set up as another way to say we ladies are gold diggers. Be it the fact that the bait is money or health benefits, or a new pony. I am sorry my sarcasm did not show through about choosing a rich man instead.

There are no "advantages" for American ladies to choose a Canadian male over an American male. Our situations as countries are very close to being the same. If a 3rd world country was being used then there would be significant advantage for that lady.

Sorry but I seriously doubt that health care is enough bait... try again. Just sitting here Shaking my head...

IMO

~Charmed~
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 5:48:19 PM
Marshallll

I'm already in Canada! Would I get double the insurance? Maybe a GP of my very own?

cheers!
 whenyer_strange
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:00:23 PM
Are Canadian men hung like moose?? If so, sign me up.
 ^^Batgirl^^
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:21:37 PM
I once married a Canadian guy.

I also divorced a Canadian guy.

Sorry, the advantage again was........................

^^BG^^
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > advantages of dating/marrying a CANADIAN GUY....