Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men stand women up with no call or apology?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aruba63
Msg: 1
Why do men stand women up with no call or apology?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Mike and I had been planning for almost 2 weeks as to when we would have a date and what we were going to do........He had my # but I did not have his and we spoke just 2 nights before and told him to be sure to let me know if something comes up and he needs to cancel..........We decided to go out on July 4th where he was due at my house at 5:00 to pick me up on his bike......You got it....he never showed up or called!!!!!!!
Why do you men do this? We hit it off well and were both looking forward to a date......With technology of cell phones it takes all of 1 minute to make a call or even send a text message....Don 't tell women you are looking for a long term relationship and then be so rude as to not show up. Were manners and common courtesy ever taught or was it just unlearned?
 laughinglibra
Msg: 2
Why do men stand women up with no call or apology?
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:36:42 PM

Same reason some women do it to men.... they have no consideration for others. I'm sorry this happened to you and it really sucks, but this is not a gender related issue.

Just be thankful you didn't find out 3 months down the road what an inconsiderate jerk he is.

Von Erik
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:45:55 PM

Same reason some women do it to men....

You took the words right out of my mouth Sweety Pie!
.... you must have thought that was my chewing gum....

OP... just shrug it off.... what else you gonna do with it?
 TroubleAhoy!
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:51:16 PM
Eh, now... Don't blame ALL men because Mike stood you up... It happans, he probably chickened out...
 sosse
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:53:16 PM
^^^^^^^^ Alas, post on POF so we can all commiserate with you. It is what our Singles Anonymous club is all about!

May I point out there is the slight hope that he was run over by a bus on his way to meet you, as in An Affair to Remember. It isn't a really positive thought, but indeed lack of cynicism is what helps us look forward to tomorrow. Or at least forgiveness for wimping out and hope that he won't do it to the next person for their sake.
 LukeNineteen80
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/6/2008 9:59:24 PM
You got it....he never showed up or called!!!!!!!
Why do you men do this? We hit it off well and were both looking forward to a date......With technology of cell phones it takes all of 1 minute to make a call or even send a text message....Don 't tell women you are looking for a long term relationship and then be so rude as to not show up. Were manners and common courtesy ever taught or was it just unlearned?

I do it purely because of an excess of testosterone. I can't help myself, I enjoy hurting others. It fills me with giddy excitement.

*kicks a puppy*
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:06:59 PM
Hey!! Mike stood me up too!!! And played LOTS of head games!!

Must be a Mike thing...
 Sardonis
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:37:21 PM
I saw Mike passed out in the bathroom at Hooters. I don't think you are missing much.
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/6/2008 10:52:40 PM
But later I saw Mike draped on a strippers pole in a gay nightclub wearing a leather studded G string(not a good choice BTW)...is this the same Mike at the Hooters?
 MISCHIEVOUS-SMILE
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/7/2008 12:34:20 AM
He just doesn't care. Sorry to say. With all the technology in the world - text messages, cell phones, emails, computers, Wifi, pay phones - there's no excuse for a guy to ever leave a woman hanging without calling to cancel. Bet if it was just a booty call, he would have you on speed dial and your PIN if its a Blackberry.

I don't care if you were raised by wolves or bears...demonstrating common courtesy of phoning to cancel plans comes natural I think. Its not something that has to be taught or learned.
 Greyfeld
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 12:58:33 AM
Probably the same reason this chick made plans with me to meet a couple days before the actual meet, disappeared for a week, then i found out from her friend that she's been out of town for a month.
 maculon
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:24:46 AM
He was married you nin, married people will never show up on the Holidays, they have a thing called family.
 WackMC
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:39:04 AM
It's the best way to dump them, bar none. Leaves 'em so pissed off they will NEVER call you again. Men love practicality, and boy does this ever work!

Crazy thing is.....years later, women are STILL waiting for that call! Go figure.

OP, I think YOU were making plans, and HE was only making a back-up plan in case his other plan fell through. Maybe you shouldn't have high expectations for any date, even a first one.

BTW, a back-up plan is not a bad thing, but he should have called.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/7/2008 2:16:01 AM
These posts get old. Because one guy does it to you then all guys do? You should be mad at yourself in my opinion; YOU ARE THE ONE THAT PICKED HIM!

And if you hit it off so well, he would have contacted you. Again, choose better guys, and things will work out. Some guys are jerks, but many women pick them. Good luck.
 Intell_Gurl
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/7/2008 2:35:47 AM
Well said...we do pick them...just need to learn how to un pick em...oh that's easy ask the right questions...really, and if he/she still turns out to be a douche then forget em...btw the first meeting should not be construed as a date, it is simply a meeting of the bodies and minds to see if ya want to do it again...then after that it would be a date...be thankful that he did this...
 rock_hunter
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/7/2008 2:59:42 AM

Probably the same reason this chick made plans with me to meet a couple days before the actual meet, disappeared for a week, then i found out from her friend that she's been out of town for a month.

She was probably frolicking with Mike.
 Tat_2d
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:16:27 AM
Mikey didn't like it.
 nickolysseus
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 3:36:36 AM

Mike did, not "men".
And we are not inside Mike's mind, are we?
Better luck next time.

Strawberrysummer
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:43:08 AM
Mike crashed his bike into a telephone pole. if he doesnt have a bike how is he suppose to pick you up?
 75october09
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 6:58:55 AM
OP, Sorry that you got stood up, but not all guys are like that and as one of the other posters said both men and women bail out of dates with no explanation. You are probably better of finding somebody else that is more considerate.
 rock_hunter
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:07:24 AM
I just received a call from Mike. He was quite distressed, rambling about bright lights and short little guys with gray skin and big, black eyes. He said something about phoning home.
 gentlemanforLady
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:27:46 AM
You wouldn't want a guy like that anyway.
 SpiceyCougar
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/7/2008 7:44:50 AM
After Mike stood me up, he crawled back a week later and apologized. Never made another date to meet. After assuring me for months we will get together "sometime"... Mike started dating a perfect looking elf of a girl and they both tried to pawn me off to his friend who. Mike accused me of being selfish and dramatic because I refused to teach his new girl how to satisfy him sexually. Mike got engaged to her a week later (yes, they dated for two weeks before getting engaged) and told me I wasn't a real friend if I wasn't happy with it. I just saw Mike on POF and another personal site claiming that he is single and looking for sexual partners. When I called him out on it, he told me I was too stupid to understand. I don't know why Mike even apologized for standing me. But I DO know why Mike DID stand me up.....

.... Mike's f*cking crazy!!

Trust me... you are better off not having a date nor an apology from Mike!!
 pokerjimmy
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 9:44:40 AM
Men do this? It's not a gender thing. Mike's an ass and you're lucky you found out now since you seemed interested. Oh...and Mike was with another women he liked better so you know.
 skylark42
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2008 1:51:27 PM

He had my # but I did not have his

Why not? Suppose you needed to cancel? Next time make sure you have the man's number, and ring him on it, before you arrange to meet him.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do men stand women up with no call or apology?