Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is it uncomfortable for women to have sex during their period?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rut89
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is it uncomfortable for women to have sex during their period?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
In the most recent relationship I was in, my (now ex) girlfriend and I had had sex during her period. She was hesitant at first, apparently because she was self concious about what I might think of it. I comforted her and told her it didn't matter to me, that it wouldn't bother me at all. Long story short, we ended up doing the do and it really wasn't bad at all. In fact it seemed like she had gotten more pleasure out of it than she normally would.

Do women generally feel uncomfortable during this time? Or is it actually more enjoyable?
 JustMary65
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is it uncomfortable for women to have sex during their period?
Posted: 7/9/2008 4:20:38 AM
It's not a comfort thing for me-it's a MESSY sort of thing!! I must admit I tend to be very horny prior to, during especially, and right after lol. Not everyone minds doing the nasty when their lady is on her period-but I just find it's too messy and would just assume wait.
 laughinglibra
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/9/2008 4:26:57 AM
So true Mary..... and it also depends on how bad the woman suffers from cramps. While I used to enjoy sex during the latter stages of having my period, the first couple of days were out of the question.

While menstruating, most women do experience a heightened response since the body tends to be much more sensitive than other times.

Do women generally feel uncomfortable during this time? Or is it actually more enjoyable?

It truly depends on the woman.... some like it, some don't.

crazygirl89
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/9/2008 4:33:39 AM
I dont get periods very often, thankfully, and if i do they are so light any man would not notice lol. I get more pleasure when i am on though, it does feel good. I would only do it with a long term boyfriend though, someone i feel comfortable with.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:11:33 AM
I have encountered few men that are put off by the time of the month but for some women it can be painful if they have endometriosis or as Libra noted, they just have cramps out the kazoo. For others, as magical noted, it is a messy thing. If someone has a heavy period there are days at the beginning that are just not fun for her because she is worried and/or embarassed even if she has been with a man for a long time.

I have personally never noticed an increase or decrease in the pleasure quotient related to the period. Given that a lot of sex is in the brain, if a woman is distracted by worrying about the mess factor she won't enjoy it. In the case you describe, her body may have actually physically responded more but it could also have been that for her, sex during the period had always been taboo and this was a liberating thing.

She could also have been in a euphoria because you wanted to have sex during this time if she had partners that were put off by it in the past. In other words, you may have shaken her world in a good way before you ever made it to the bed.
 maggiedoyle
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:24:25 AM
It's not the greatest but it's not horrible either. Depends if the guy likes it or not. If it's not right for one of us, it won't be right for both of us.
 *~Krysteene~*
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:35:02 AM
Aches, pains, cramps, bloating, heavy flow, headaches, etc.... Just doesn't make me feel like the sexiest thing on the planet. Sex is usually the last thing on my mind, especially the first few days.

Krys
 beadonna
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:53:15 AM
for me, the first few days would be out of the question because it would just be messy and i would not enjoy myself for that reason and the fact that i usually just feel physically horrendous until about day 5

the last couple of days would be ok as long as the guy was ok with it; having said that, i would also COMPLETELY understand if the guy wanted to wait until it was done

as with most things, open communication is key about who's comfortable with what; if you can't talk about it, you perhaps shouldn't be doing it (my new rule of thumb that works for alot of things!)
 deerdog1
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/9/2008 10:39:15 AM
I have never had a problem with sex on a womans period ...thats what towels are for ...and that being said I have never met a woman that after she found out that it didnt bother me ...whom it bothered ....if i have shared other bodily fluids with you a little blood wont bother me ...the only reason that it would stop me is if it caused her pain
 .all.
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/9/2008 10:42:12 AM
i love period sex its way more enjoyable, i dont find it uncomfortable at all..nor messy i just do it in the shower haha
 sweetnsassybbw
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:29:22 AM
I don't think its uncomfortable at all, just use a towel, or the shower is good alternative. I know personally, having a orgasm (or a few) really helps with cramps,...and I tend to want it all the more during that week.
 James_in_SD
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/9/2008 11:31:36 AM
"No sex tonight... PERIOD."
 *JustAnotherGirl*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 12:13:47 PM
If you feel like your uterus is in a vicegrip and you are so bloated that you can't button up your jeans, well, you just aren't going to feel like jumping into the sack. And the few times I've tried to get into the mood anyways the sex ended up being rather uncomfortable.

But on days where I'm feeling fine, I don't mind having sex during my period. In fact, I find I can be exceedingly horny when I'm menstruating. It can be *very* messy though, and in my experience most guys just aren't prepared to see blood clots!
 7rainbows
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 1:44:38 PM
I would say its most enjoyable, its a time when were more sensitive to touch and physical responses. I love it as long as hes comfortable with it.
 Taywhitt
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/9/2008 1:47:43 PM
theres actually a time during a girls period where she is hornier and craves sex. I think it just depends on how comfortable you are with your partner.
 Stajieenikkie
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:16:13 PM
its so wet it adds to the pleasure..

I love wet wild bloody sex thats just me
 AlexisTaylor
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:47:24 PM
I only get uncomfortable about my period if my guy gets all squeamish at the mention of it. Unfortunately, that's been everyone I've dated.

But no, it doesn't cause women any physical discomfort; if anything, it makes sex better.
 TopazGoddess
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:01:32 PM
It depends on the period

Sometimes it's a lighter period and it's fine but other times I'm just so bloated and sensitive...inside and out...that I just can't do it

When I can though it is more enjoyable
 haywiresue
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:18:42 PM
Like everything else - its subjective. What is good to one is not to another. It would depend on the couple as some men/woman would prefer to wait the few days/week. It would also depend on if the woman felt self-conscious about it, felt physically up to it, and if it interested her in the least. Using darker colored sheets during that time would help and remember that sheets can be washed or cover the bottom sheet with a blanket that can be removed and washed. Women who experience really bad cramping, might benefit from intercourse during their period. It might help when they exercise their K muscles during sex, it will relax those same muscles after an orgasim. About enjoyment, well there is more lubrication, the area is softer/spongier, and intimacy is very special when shared with someone you care for....................so you do the math!
 Patarey
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 5:19:03 PM
It is such a sloppy mess........................... ugg

But its all good in the shower................
 xdamianax
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/9/2008 6:39:45 PM
Hey, ya'll... it doesn't HAVE to be messy!!!

I personally get much more enjoyment from sex during my period. A friend from my group told me about this product called "instead" (used *instead* of tampons and pads)and with these you can also have sex with no mess!!!

These wonderful life savers cover the uterus and catch the flow in a cup sort of shaped like a diaphragm. You can acutally wear one of these for up to 12 hours and not have to change it... and I haven't had any problems with them leaking.

The only drawback to them is they are messy to remove, but other than that I swear by them. I'll never use a pad or tampon again...

anyhow... its at softcup dot com for anyone who wants to look 'em up!

Ravenstar66
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:24:26 PM
Good sex is messy... if you do it right

Orgasms alleviate cramps, and some PMS symptoms! Sometimes the uterus and cervix are more sensitive though.. just have to be a little less rough. That time of the month is the most horny for me, must be a hormone thing.

I can't see squeamishness as being all that sexy. But that's just me
 sunshyne1977
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:32:07 PM
i love it,but nothing during day 2 or 3
 no_1_bby
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:04:49 PM

theres actually a time during a girls period where she is hornier and craves sex.

Um... not me. At all. Never have.
 Green Sangha
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2008 8:45:21 PM
I'm with Xdamianax on this one. First you have to get over the squeemishness. Then you have to get over the fact that you may have major cramps and do not want to be touched. But if you are able to let go, fuc*ing during your period is intensely pleasurable and a great orgasm really does help with cramps. Once you find out how much more intense the release is you will be able to push past the general discomfort and you will insist on in having sex.;-) Just put down a towel on the bed and keep a damp washcloth nearby for cleanup. It's no biggie. On the other hand, my orgasm is so much bigger than usual, the guy can gets a little freaked out, lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is it uncomfortable for women to have sex during their period?