Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would anyone want to date you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Naughtical
Msg: 1
Why would anyone want to date you?Page 1 of 24    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24)
Seriously, why?
Have you ever thought about it?
What do you have to offer?

Maybe you have a great sense of humor, maybe you're gorgeous, maybe you can recite the alphabet backwards, you might be a good listener or maybe you can tie a knot in a cherry stem with your tongue or perhaps you're rich or just a really nice person???

Anyone brave enough to answer the question?

Why would anyone want to date you?
 Mary Jane in Wonderland
Msg: 2
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:47:39 PM
Independance - meaning financialy and have a car and a nice home
Faithful
I am charismatic
Great cook and love to do it
Love kids and they love me

I do not drink, like most others I have heard about, lol (not to say we don't all have our evils)

Notice I didn't say anything about my looks
 lalatina44
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:47:41 PM
I'll get back to you.........after I get a date.
 Traveling Man MS
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:55:21 PM
They don't. Thanks for completely shattering what little self-confidence I had. I will be sure to cite you in my suicide note I leave behind.
 .all.
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/16/2008 8:55:21 PM
im hard working
ambitious
very generous
and i dont think im too bad looking haha
 Emeral Reese
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:02:16 PM
I'm sweet
funny
attractive
intelligent
responsible
 The rock man
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:03:08 PM
Because I am cheaper then the average male whore!

Oh yeah, and because I can do lawnmower repair! (I hear that's in this season)
 emer33
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:05:10 PM
he said i was very attractive, interesting, and we had some things in common.
he really like d my profile.
he really enjoyed my company.

what he really wanted was...
... to move full speed ahead, quick.
Why would anyone want to date me?
After we meet, they relax, have fun, and can tell i am a good person who they want to see again. Trust might be a factor. I am sure i do not appeal to everyone, and i do not try. i just express myself honestly, and time tells.
 Translation
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:06:15 PM

What do you have to offer?

Nothing. Fantastic isn’t it? I have nothing to offer.
 travian
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:17:10 PM
I like this question. Most likely reason someone dates me is because they have low self-esteem and abandonment issues and I remind her of her father.
 Naughtical
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:21:31 PM
Awww, gee...some of you have made me feel bad for asking. I'm even going to be included in a suicide note (please spell name correctly).

Seriously...there have been some good answers. There is no reason why we can't recognize and identify what would make us a good date.

Take me, for instance:
I don't chew with my mouth open.
If I fall asleep at a movie, I don't snore.
I wear shoes on most dates.
 Naughtical
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:41:57 PM
I find it interesting that the only serious responses were from women.

The men seem to be lacking in confidence and self esteem. Can't really figure that out because I looked at their profiles and they all seem to have something to offer.

EDIT: TheGoodMan: You are a good example of what I am talking about. Your user name shows some confidence, which is good, then you say stuff like not good looking. Wrong!!!

Now...about that lawn mower repair???
 .all.
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:45:48 PM
oh i forgot my best attributes. my breasts, they are on the bigger side and im still young enough for then not to touch my knees. i better play that one up for the next couple years while i still can!
 Translation
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:47:54 PM

Take me, for instance:
I don't chew with my mouth open.
If I fall asleep at a movie, I don't snore.
I wear shoes on most dates.

OOOOOooooooohhhh. You mean, what are our good qualities? OH I see. Well that is different.

Good qualities, Yes, I do have some of those. And, I think that my good qualities outweigh my bad ones. But, that is my own opinion. I don’t have any friends, so my opinion may be a bit of a jaded one. Well, that would be in opposition as to what one would normally think of jaded as being. That is, if you reverse the roles of the normal social standard. Which I tend to do at times. No, that is not fully true, because I do that most of the time. Which I think is a good thing also.

You see? In contrast to the possible confusion of the above mentioned, I tend to think that I avoid putting myself into situations that are not of my best interest. So that being, what my own best interest is, is what I deem it to be. In knowing that, I don’t think that there are others that have my best interest in mind. Hence the use of the term jaded and it’s useful meaning on the opposing roles of our situational society.

Other than that, I am a good man. I am a man of God. Well, I am a man of God in its truest sense, none of this religious mumbo jumbo crap being dished out with all the psychobabble inclusions. Nope. Just a truly honest and good man of God.

Do you care to know more?
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 9:48:26 PM
I'll give you an honest one Naughtical...because I'm the kind of guy who, with the last woman I was involved with, ran her a hot bubble bath in a candle lit bathroom, and poured her a glass of wine to relax with in the tub after a particularly long and stressful day at work, while I went and made dinner for us. Now if I can only find a woman who is deserving of treatment like that, and will reciprocate.

Bear in mind this isn't a first date idea...more of the third.
 eazk
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:10:19 PM
Because...
...I'm going to have fun...and hope you want to join me
...I'm spontaneous
...We WILL be talking (I actually own a copy of "4,000 Questions for Getting To Know Everything About Anybody")
...I know how to bite...the right way
...We're not going to do anything you've ever done on a first date before

Ohhhh...and in my part-time I'm a professional pocket billiards instructor...so when I say "Rack 'em", I'm not always looking at your chest...Oh heck, yes I am...
 dancin diabla
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:21:12 PM
What a question! Hell, after reading my profile, why would anyone NOT want to date me? Seriously, though, I think it's pretty self-explanatory why anyone who's ever wanted to date me has. But to be fair, I think that question should be asked of anyone who has dated me. And I'd be willing to bet the answers would be as varied as the individuals themselves. The general consensus, if I were to venture a guess, would most likely be my sexy style, and that I'm basically game for anything!

~ DD
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 10:24:21 PM
Goodness, I suppose because I'm here, single, still breathing and I'm able to move reasonably large objects without the help of a man (some men find that incredibly sexy from what I hear.)
 mcbobly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:00:39 PM
You mean beside the fact that I am funny, a great listener, will go the extra mile for someone I care about, have a decent job, raised my children properly on my own, have two cars actually and have all my teeth and hair, can cook like nobody's business, faithful, caring and also that I'm just down right sexy (in my best fat bastard voice)? Beats me, can't imagine why.
 Balsafer
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:18:23 PM
Sweet
caring
honest
trustworthy
good listener
funny
Generous
Affectionate
Romantic
A bit Old Fashioned
Good singer (so i been told)
Balanced between Introverted and Extroverted
 Urban Flower
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:30:56 PM
Because i have a great sense of humour and sense of fun.I,m kind,caring,loyal and honest.I,m affectionate,a good cook and a genuine person.Maybe its all those attributes that put guys off and why i dont get any dates!
 giggleparts
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:31:55 PM
............................ I've got nothing.

Well, back to watching old Highlander episodes on the sweet life-giving internet.
 kay_el
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:51:24 PM
Because I’m me and I’m wonderful. Love me or hate me but I am me, always happy, treating all people in my life wonderfully while keeping people on there toes and keeping things interesting and straight up. There’s lots of other things too but the way I see it those are the ones that matter to me and after all I am the only one guaranteed to be with me forever, so that’s the only opinion that really matters.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/16/2008 11:55:30 PM
Coz im a lot of fun & i love laughing ! I love people in general,but,particularly men and i can be wildly passionate with the right man.

We'll talk a lot and ive been told im challenging & full of surprises -- never know what im going to come out with next.

Im also happy to do anything/nothing on a date.Not materialistic in any way and pretty easily pleased.

I can talk under water with a mouthful of marbles,but,all in all,i think you'd enjoy my company.

pricelessbrwnbeauty
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 12:00:47 AM
I actually can recite the alphabet backwards. My big sister taught me when we were kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why would anyone want to date you?