Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Do you date interracially?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Do you date interracially? Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Do you date interracially?
How long have you dated interracially?
Has your family's reaction been good, bad, or ugly?
If you've lived/worked in other places, is Dallas like most other places in terms of the reception you get when you appear together as a couple?

I date interracially and I have since my late teens. My family's reaction has not been good necessarily, but they're not the type of people to disown one another over issues like interracial dating. And, for the most part, they're cordial/polite.
 CowboyEnuff
Msg: 2
Posted: 7/20/2008 5:13:12 PM
Do you date interracially? TO THE POINT OF EXCLUSIVELY!!!

PRACTICALLY SINCE I WAS ABLE TO PEE STANDING UP. or so my mom would say!

My mom was a bit upset at first, but then she told me looking at who she is and the makeup of our family, I was just being ME! She has treated ALL the lovers, friends, girlfriends, lady friends, best buds and the like with respect. And because of that, many a friend has been made. Many a person won over to the lovely family I have been blessed to have been born into.

If you've lived/worked in other places, is Dallas like most other places in terms of the reception you get when you appear together as a couple?
I shall have to say that Dallas has come a long way since when I was there as a younger adult. But for the best in climates for Inter-racial dating, in Texas. I would have to say Austin out ranks most of the state. People still have their hang ups with it, but it is tolerated or even more openly accepted here than MANY of the places I have traveled to for work, or visited for play.

WHY YOU ASK?
 artistic_cowboy4u
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:19:05 PM
I have dated hsipanic women. I can't really be too accurate on this topic because I haven't met many of other races that I was attracted to. I won't say that I couldn't. Just haven't met one yet that peaked my interest.
 Sandee~
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/21/2008 10:33:59 AM
I'm stealing a line from a good friend of mine, but she won't mind:
I only date ONE race: the HUMAN race!!!
 afishinanagrinin
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/21/2008 5:00:40 PM
And may I also say, Human is as Human does.
 whyspr
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2008 7:24:22 PM
I date men, the color of their skin has never been an issue. It's how they treat me and others that matters to me.

I have no clue for how long, I haven't thought about it in those terms.

My family will love anyone I bring home if they are good to me and for me. As a matter of fact, it's harder to get out of my family than it is to get in, lol. You have to do something really awful to get disowned or chose to be out. My ex is still welcome, even by me, and his new wife is too. I get along great with her.

I've never spent any time in Dallas so I can't give a fair opinion on that.
 CowboyEnuff
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/22/2008 9:00:59 PM
I have to agree with Sandee on this one. I usually am the one making such statements when asked. But one thing I never understood is how we "as a people or culture" stress the skin tones of a person/persons. Yet, many spend 1/10 of their life time changing their skin tones from pale white to sun tanned brown. Or dark face to light face (with make up).

I shall stop there before my crate pops out and I start preaching on it. But I think ya'll got my point.

One fun thing tho' is just hanging out with fun people no matter what their HUMAN RACE designated ethnicity may be. "Just have fun making and meeting new friends who ever they may be. Love sees the beauty within...

"CowboyEnuff"
 Tall_Guy81
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/23/2008 9:34:16 AM
I pretty much dated here and there but more white woman though. Still single so to me it really doesn't matter what race I end up with. As long as the female is human then its fine by me
 sunnychic78
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 7:04:10 PM
i've only really dated one black dude... but after a couple of weeks I decided he was a bigger girl than I am and dumped him...

I' m not suprised he came out of the closet a few years later....

But I've never really had the chance or had the inclination since to date interracially.

I'm usually only attracted to white guys.... Not all the time but 99.99% of the time.

So I just go with that.
 reality_1
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/24/2008 8:45:18 AM
This is going to be weird. Me being East Indian. I have never dated an East Indian!! All my relationships/dates been with other skin colors. I don't really care about the color, or anything. As long as they are human race I am good.
 deb777
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/24/2008 2:01:08 PM
I do date interracially and I have a bi-racial son.

I started dating other races in college.

My parents were not too happy about it at first, but after the birth of their first
bi-racial grandchild they got over it. Now they have adopted 3 hispanic children so I can definetly say that they have no problems with other races in our family!

I live in Houston and have lived in the Dallas area for a year. I personally have never had a negative reaction when my ex-husband (who is black) and I appeared together in public.

Now that I am back on the dating scene, I am leaving all options open for any race.
 precbabygirl
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/26/2008 6:36:02 AM
Yes.... I only date black men. Up until 2 years ago I had never been asked out by a black man, I have always been attracted to them, but never been approached really.

For about 2 years

My family's reaction has been good. I actually sat down with my father and talked to him about it and he told me... I don't care who you are with as long as they treat you good and your family good....you deserve to have the best.

To be honest.... I haven't even really paid that much attention. I have seen older generations take a longer look them most but still ends with a smile.
 ForneyRider
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/27/2008 10:32:43 AM
I dated women of several ethnicities in college. I remember meeting a Vietnamese girl in my class. She was built like the proverbial "brick sh*t house". All the Vietnamese girls I had seen before were skinny tiny girls. We dated for a little bit.

When I was a teenager, I brought a friend (black girl) over to meet my mother. My parents had a hard time with it to some extent. But as we have both gotten older, they are actually more tolerant. She became a nationally ranked debater and later an attorney. Good company, I think.

We are originally from small town in Ohio, primarily made up of German/Polish people. I don't remember any non-European people in the town. My brother played baseball with a African-American kid in Little League organization in the next town over.

My sister is dating a Chinese-American. He is a great guy and close to his family.
 Caramel1913
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/3/2008 8:14:21 PM
I date men that I connect with and that I have an attraction to, PERIOD. Sexiness and attractiveness transcends race.

My family and friends know what I like and support me no matter who I'm dating, unless they have a personal issue with him. But there has never been an issue with race.
 TheL0grus
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 3:06:42 PM
I don't really have a choice. I'm mixed Korean, Italian, Polish and German. Anyone I date would be considered interracial from a sociopolitical stand point.
 EsoteriJ
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2008 2:36:31 AM
Once people start dating because of the same interests..then maybe there will be less divorces and dosmestic arguments..
 cherry688
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:46:24 PM
Hell no,,,,, my son is a very handsome Black young man, and he knows that I will BREAK HIS NECK. The ONLY REASON BLACK MEN DATE OTHER RACES IS TO CONTROL THEM!!!!
 Shende1923
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/3/2008 9:50:52 PM
black men who get white women is for the trophy!those black men just want to piss off the black women by takin a white woman.... now how ignorant does that sound? but due to the recent political issues.. I say nope.. not a chance in hell I'll stick with nature and it knows best.. blue birds breed with blue birds. and altho reptililan.. snakes dont breed with turtles.. ???? prolly a good reason for it?
 magonohoney2
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/6/2008 5:36:55 PM
Yes. I do date interracially. Because, as what my aunt-sisters stood for and died for what has been passed on from my generation to generation is to always be strong minded and stand up for what you believe in. So, I feel my African -American men has not been able to accept the African-American Female strong personality.So therefore, alot of African-American Females find that acceptness outside their race, that African-American Females feel loved, accepted for their beauty and for their strong ,powerful personality from someone outside their race,and when you feel loved, beautiful, from someone and mix it with a strong, powerful mind, you have nothing but, strong and good love.
 hi~d n me
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2008 6:56:25 PM
Nope, havn't dating interracially. Yet. The reason I havn't is I have never been given the oppertunity. If given the chance, sure, why the heck not.
 magonohoney2
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/8/2008 3:33:24 PM
I have to say you are right and If there were alot more like you, especially here in San Antonio, Tx were it is to over- populated with hospanics it would be so much easier to try to understand people. And by the way I think you are very handsome.
 never compromise myself
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/9/2008 10:12:08 AM
I've dated interaccially since I was allowed to date. My family's reaction has been excellent, although some of my friends look at me crazy when is state my prefrence about dating outside my race. When i lived in florida, was dating a cacaussion male, the reactions 90% of the time were very ugly.
 stasia2003
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2008 8:47:15 PM
Well, then maybe I need to move away from Florida. I used to have a negative attitude regarding dating outside of my race. I used to say back in high school that I would never date a white guy. I mean, I was adament about that. But here's the kicker. When I used to work at a supermarket as a teenager, there was this one white guy that was so nice and he was a year behind me. I swear after a while I was falling for him and I believe it was very mutual. He always talked to me and just the way he looked at me, I knew what his feelings were. Plus, he was gorgeous although some people I knew didn't really find him attractive but I did.

But one day, work got a bit stressful and I said something I shouldn't have. I can't remember what I said(thank God!), but it hurt his feelings bad. I will never forget the look he gave me-total disappointment and hurt. He never really spoke to me much after that even though we still worked together. That is one of the biggest regrets of my life and I didn't even mean what I said. I think alot of it was that I just hated my job after a while. Needless to say, I think this guy's family and friends would have had a problem with him dating a black chick. I knew his mother too and I thought she was the sweetest woman in the world. His mother used to tell my mother that her son always talked about me.

Anyway, lately my mind has been opening up to dating white men since I'm attracted to them anyway. I think embarrassment and the thought of "what will people think" kept my mind closed. But, my faith in God has taught me that I need to love people for who they are and not follow what other people think. I don't think my family would have a problem with it, although they may joke about it. They will just remind me how I swore up and down that I would never date a white guy.

OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry that this post got too long. My bad. I have another story about an encounter I had with a white guy in a sports car while driving on I-75. Can you say, "flirtation on the highway"? I'll save that story for another day.

Bottom line: I think there are TONS of white guys out there who would LOVE to date a black woman and maybe even marry one. But unfortunately, if they know how their family and friends will react, they would prefer not to take that chance. It's sad but true.
 teknishn
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/11/2008 9:49:12 PM
Heck no! There is only ONE race this guy will date! Homo Sapien!

Now... as for what ethnicity I'll date... no preference. No one I know (close friends or family) would have a problem with me dating an ethnically "different" person. I'm about as "white" as it gets, but I'd never turn down a date with a gal based on the color skin she was born with. I love 'em all!

t.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2008 5:29:34 PM
I've dated almost every race, ok, i missed aboriginies and eskimos up to this point.
Since before most posters on were born
Mostly good considering family history
I never really paid attention to whether anyone was looking, but since i was refused service at a major chain restraunt in wyoming years ago for being too native american, someone would probably have to get in my face for me to even notice
I have never paid any attention to what race a woman is if she is attracted to me and i am attracted to her..........relationships are about chemistry, not color
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  > Do you date interracially?