Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Putting your legs behind your head      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 maggiedoyle
Msg: 1
Putting your legs behind your headPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Just curious, how many men have had a girlfriend who can put her legs behind her head and/or do the splits?

How many women can do this?

Just asking because we've been working on it in yoga class and I've never actually seen someone who could put their legs behind their head (apart from on TV) until my yoga teacher did it. A guy walked into class at that moment and his eyes about popped out of his head...
 Hawk 027
Msg: 2
Putting your legs behind your head
Posted: 7/24/2008 11:26:24 PM
Wow... that'd be hot!
 Coach_reds
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/24/2008 11:31:58 PM
i have but i prefer not to unless stretching that far for some apparent reason
 Coach_reds
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/24/2008 11:33:31 PM
seen it but only if the woman can do it I dont expect to see it
 baviaans kloof
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/24/2008 11:45:35 PM
do you mean actually wrap a leg around the neck...

i used to be able to do this and have just tried it again. can almost still do it... its early though, gotta get the bod limbered up a bit.

if you don't hear from me again, please send your cards and flowers to...

ooh i love a challenge. will keep you posted.

just out of curiousity, is this acually appealing to the opposite sex?? it isn't the most dignified position ive ever been in, especially as im sitting on my swivel chair on a polished floor... i think the postman has just called the men in white coats..
 Hawk 027
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:25:36 AM

just out of curiousity, is this acually appealing to the opposite sex?? it isn't the most dignified position ive ever been in, especially as im sitting on my swivel chair on a polished floor... i think the postman has just called the men in white coats..

Many men (myself very much included), find flexibility very attractive. A woman with the kind of flexibility to put a leg behind her head, do the splits, or touch her heels while arching her back, is very sexy in my book. It's by no means a requirement for me, and I've never actually dated a woman with that kind of flexibility. But that kind of woman would be mind blowing, I think. Throw in some intellectual conversation, bookworm-ish reading habits, low profile librarian glasses, love for coffee... and I think the paramedics would be scraping me off the floor...
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:37:36 AM
I have a bit of a flexibility fetish. I find all that sort of thing ultra feminine and erotic.

Sadly the most I've seen from a g/f was side splits.
 Vancer
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:39:49 AM
One of my UFC finishing moves involves putting their legs behind their head.
There is much complaining and submission signaling.

Yes...I fight women in UFC. It could happen. You don't know me.
 zopz
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 1:52:31 AM
I think that kind of thing looks highly uncomfortable. That's all I can think just imagining it, seeing it would be even worse. But that said, I'm quite sure seeing this would do nothing for me.
 crazytimes1
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2008 2:55:17 AM
I was in the pool last year doing intervals with a few other guys and a girl. When we were all at one end, a bit of a comversation broke out about flexibility. The girl mentioned she could get her feet behind her head and everyone went silent, except for the whipping sound of their head as it turned to her.

The silence was broken by someone asking for a demonstration that night... and they have been happily together since. Good for them.
 Michael_3110
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/25/2008 3:01:53 AM
I wonder did his eyes pop because he didn't know that it was even possible... I think a lot of women who did some form of gymnastics earlier in life could do it, or come close anyway. A friend hadn't done it for ten years and she could nearly do it again with a little stretching. I have to admit though I was pretty impressed that she could do it.
 Ralleac
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 3:41:17 AM
Eh, I'm a guy and I can do it. Not nearly as attractive, I suppose.
 maggiedoyle
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/25/2008 6:52:48 AM
Will post photo when I can do it....
 kamaboko
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 6:57:48 AM
I'm more into the woman wrapping her legs around my head, but if you like to wrap them around yours....each to their own.
 maggiedoyle
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:06:10 AM
I'm already able to wrap my legs around someone else's head - would like to try something new. Perhaps I will be able to eat myself eventually and then I will have no need for this website.
 jimtash71
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:13:24 AM
I'm already able to wrap my legs around someone else's head - would like to try something new. Perhaps I will be able to eat myself eventually and then I will have no need for this website.

Now that I'd like to see!

BTW, why did you take the other pic down?
 wowsad
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:22:56 AM
i've been doing yoga for the past 8 years or so, and am definitely very flexible. most of the women i've dated have been equally as flexible as i am. i started yoga mainly because it reduces the chance of injury in the sports that i was involved in, but it comes in handy for other reasons lol
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:33:50 AM
I've seen it, and I've done it a few times, tho not for a while....I used to be a gymnast tho and I'm double jointed....yes, let's try and skip the jokes on that fellas...

I actually used to be able to do the standing split when I was competing, ala Nadia Comaneci/Olga Korbut back in the 70s..and I was at a little more than 180 degrees too, you'd think I would have taken a picture of that...sheesh, those days are gone.

As a former gymnast, I do find both yoga and pilates to be where I feel the most comfortable as a workout...I just feel 10 years younger after doing either class (or both).

Maybe I will see if I can get back to some of that old stuff....I ain't dead yet...

There goes Maggie, cracking me up as usual....damn coffee thru the nose again...lmao
 PassTheMuster
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:39:08 AM

I'm more into the woman wrapping her legs around my head, but if you like to wrap them around yours....each to their own.

Best response yet!

"each to their own"....
 oscarz05
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 8:23:46 AM

"Just asking because we've been working on it in yoga class and I've never actually seen someone who could put their legs behind their head (apart from on TV) until my yoga teacher did it."

this is why my first yoga class was an epiphany. I wish when I was 20 somebody had told me that ancient eastern mind/body science included sweaty women in leotards twisting themselves into amazing positions.

I would have been a damn yogi by now.

Limeshines
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/25/2008 8:29:40 AM
My ex bf could.. haha

I think I almost can but not quite.. I'll have to try later!
 hollymackeral
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/25/2008 2:26:43 PM
That yoga position is called nidrasana or sleeping yogi.

Yes, I can do it. Both legs behind my head and my hands clasped underneath the small of my back.

I demonstrated the position in an auditorium of yoga devotees once, and the crowd did buzz. Several men introduced themselves to me after. One asked his girlfriend to introduce us! So it does seem that men appreciate flexibility in a woman.

A tip on this position: Work on getting the less flexible leg behind your head first. The more flexible leg will then hold it in position when you're in full posture. And have patience with yourself.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 3:36:06 PM
Never had a g/f who could do that. But I've had female friends who could. Yes, it is hot.
 dawn1114
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 3:47:02 PM
I've been doing yoga for more than 30 years, so I can put my legs behind my head and do the front-back splits. I never could do the the straight out to the side splits, even when I was young and more flexible.
 TheS0urce1969
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/25/2008 3:53:11 PM
I can do the left side splits but not the front or right side splits. I'm a guy though I used to take martial arts and we had to do a lot of splits. Never mind the legs behind my head, I have a hard time doing the full lotus posture for my meditation, it is very painful but it improves flexibility and posture.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Putting your legs behind your head