Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The truth about Fk-Buddies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 discrete_contact
Msg: 1
The truth about Fk-BuddiesPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
For some reason I have the impression that many (or some at least) attractive ladies going to BARS in the weekend have somewhere an older man...call it "somewhat wealthy fk-buddy".
These type of women come alone because the "guy" does not want that kind of stuff at his age but she likes dancing so she is going to the BAR...dances with everyone usually with good dancers....for years....no hookup with anyone. Personally I know a few of these ladies....but I don't know what to think.
Any ideas ladies.?....anyoane?
(sorry if this thing was discussed before)
 Vancer
Msg: 2
The truth about Fk-Buddies
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:37:38 PM
Just to clarify.
You think many, or some, attractive women have sugar daddies, and only go to bars to dance with other men?
Wait, you are saying BARS like it's code or something...and this is about f*** buddies.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:40:56 PM
Yeah kinda...some sort of sugar dadies because...they have a very strange approach...
they don't never show off anything but they are very active in dancing and they have that ...."uninterested" type of body language...but on the other hand they behave decenlty....and they are a way too calm sexualy....you know what I mean.
 candid_1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:43:11 PM
I think I need a translator for this one too...

Ever consider maybe they just want to dance? Maybe you're confusing fuck buddies with husbands.... maybe they're just bored and want to get out of the house?
 Vancer
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:43:39 PM
I've met some women who said at points in their life they were single, and quite happy to be single. They went dancing just to dance and have fun. Getting attention from guys was fun too.
They simply did not want to hook up with anyone at that time, but they also didn't want to sit at home alone.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:48:29 PM
I was just asking....because I know women like this and they do it for years...and I asked them and they say they are single. I have danced with them...and after long time a meet them again and asked them...they say single...but can I now for sure ?
Could be that a women goes to dancing .... and never get attached to anyone.....I mean for years and she is still saying is single? Women in their 30's?
This is a honest question, I expect honest impressions not hypocritical approaches if possible. Otherwise let go to sleep and forget it.
 Falling Ember
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/25/2008 9:59:29 PM
Maybe she's a woman who doesn't feel a bar is a place to pick up a guy you'd like to date?
 discrete_contact
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:00:49 PM
I was just asking....because I know women like this and they do it for years...and I asked them and they say they are single. I have danced with them...and after long time I meet them again and asked them...they say single...but can I now for sure ?
Could be that a women goes to dancing .... and never get attached to anyone.....I mean for years and she is still saying is single? Women in their 30's?
I forgot to add thats some of them said they are taking some classes....
This is a honest question, I expect honest impressions not hypocritical approaches if possible. Otherwise let go to sleep and forget it.

I maybe wanted to date theminitially but later I had a feeling that no matter what I do or others do.....there were just nice guys approaching most of the times...think a bit at some sort of "cinderella" type of lady...maybe
 jacksonguitars
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:01:11 PM

I've met some women who said at points in their life they were single, and quite happy to be single. They went dancing just to dance and have fun. Getting attention from guys was fun too.
They simply did not want to hook up with anyone at that time, but they also didn't want to sit at home alone.

I am a performing musician and I see this a lot. Single women of different ages just going to bars or clubs to dance and have a good time. Then they turn around and go home alone. Just because people go to bars doesn't mean they are looking to hook up with someone. When I go hang out at a bar or club with just one of my friends. I go their to listen to the band, and music. Even though I am shy if a girl comes up to ask me to dance that is all I leave it at. I go out to have a good time with my friends and meet new friends, and their are a lot of people who go to bars just to hang out and have fun that are single. Trust me up until recently all my friends were single and none of the guys went to pick up women, and none of the women went to pick up guys. Just out to have a good time. Now that I think about it I think I am the only single guy left out of all my group of friends lol, and one of only 3 single people lol.
 Bellydanza
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:05:11 PM
I try and hit the club once a week. I go alone, dance alone, leave alone. I have no one waiting for me, or any guy on the sly who doesn't want to go with me. It's just that I love to dance. Dancing is my passion, and it's great exercise. Like the gym for me. I go and work up a good sweat and go home. I go to one place where most people know I don't want to be bothered by men. Have a few friends there I might dance with but the majority of time I'm ''dancing with myself''...as my idol sings.
 whitefether
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:09:26 PM
I love to dance and would happily go to a bar just to dance and have a good time. Whether I did or did not have someone to sleep with on the side. And I would not leave the bar with anyone that I did not come with. So, if I WAS interested in someone, it would be a telephone number kind of thing. Just kind of old fashioned, I think

Sherry
 Mish_Man
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:10:48 PM
I think you are in luck: I intercepted a woman decoder ring ... just give me a chance to put this in ... it says "I want to go to a bar and dance" ... means ... "I want to go to a bar and dance."

Seriously, I really think that any other definition is left for late-night Playboy channel movies. Women who want to go to bars to dance really just want to go to bars and dance. Everybody likes to have fun every once in a while.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:11:17 PM
Yeah its possible, why not...but before there were lots of BARS smoking, now smoking is pretty much banned...I could not stand it...I went there rarely when friends asked me out but never myself. Not because I would be shy or something...no...the smoke and so many people you barely can walk or even dance sometimes and you can't even talk because of the noise....but I noticed this little things...I and was just asking myself...Yeah anything its possible....I asked my male friends why they go...and they always gave me the answer that they LIKE dancing....but when the ladies were not attractive...they said ....myeah it was boring....and I asked them: Howcome? You said you like dancing...so whats the issue here I asked them?...they started mumbling...
That's fine they go just dancing..that's what I said initially......but do they have Fk-buddies maybe and that's why they go "just dancing"?...potentially?.
I just have a feeling that the "guy" did not give her more then the "security" thing so she went dancing to use her left energy.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:19:15 PM
~OP~ You just perfectly described me when I'm out. Uninterested, aloof at times, and no, it's not because there is someone in my life. I've never had a sugar-daddy, nor a FWB, not a booty-call pal. I don't know exactly what you think some of us are up to when we're out, but I can tell you what I'm doing: getting a few minutes away from the ho-hums and daily grind. I'm not looking for a man ~ I'm likely just keeping my sanity. JMO
 Bellydanza
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:20:31 PM
OMG, I have no idea what you are talking about. None of it makes sense. We like to dance, we go to dance...If a cute guy notices us, whooppee. But frankly guys in clubs...the one night stand thing....not happening! You have no idea what you're getting.
 afashionlady
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:25:12 PM
LOL

You're overthinking something that doesn't really require that much thought.

Example...my friends and I are going out dancing tomorrow evening. Why? Because we LIKE to dance. One of us is married with a child. She doesn't LOOK at any other man...she really is just there to dance. One of us is single with 2 kids and a baby's daddy lurking around from time to time. She MIGHT flirt, but really, she just wants to dance. The last of the bunch is single and although wants to date, she doesn't have a sugar daddy anywhere. She too, wants to dance. Sometimes with her GFs, sometimes with a guy (maybe 2!) but there's no sugar anything floating around.

Seriously, take it at face value. It's not that big of a deal...it's fun.

Would you say that men who go out to dance have sugar mamas or a FB hiding somewhere?
 discrete_contact
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:29:24 PM
Haha ...you know that does not work "quite that".
But I noticed guys who hooked up...and after that they didn't like dancing as much as before say. And I really believed them when they said I Like dancing.
 Mish_Man
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:38:55 PM
OP: Maybe that is the way things work in Canada - different places have different customs, but in north central Indiana they don't work that way. If you are *lucky*, if a man and woman hit it off in a bar, you *might* get her telephone number. People don't go around with their shirt unbuttoned, combing their hair back, and saying, "The Mish_Man is going to be scoring tonight ..."
 sweetjemgirl
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:00:07 PM
OP I have for years loved to go to clubs/bars to dance - I was usually single and liked it that way, didn't "hookup" and didn't have a "sugardaddy/wealthy f-buddy". I just enjoyed dancing. I was not interested in picking anyone up at all, just wanted to get out and have fun. I don't do that as much anymore.

Often I went out with my girlfriends - they were of the same attitude at the time, we were all single - all selfsufficient - and we were all quite content at the time with being single, it was just where we were at in life at the time. I know alot of women like this and don't know of any that do this while having some wealthy sugardaddy/f-buddy waiting in the wings.

I think your assumption is messed up.
 discrete_contact
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:22:12 PM
OK, I rephrase somewhat:

Where is this Fk-buddy coming from then ? Why does it exist as a notion? Or it doesn't?
What's behind it ? Forget the BARS and assumptions if you cannot handle it or as you say ...."I did not do it" Fine, I understand that.
Try and think a bit outside the box. Is it possible? I didn't ask you guys one by one what you did or didn't. You seem to be pretty "attacked". Better say, I don't know, its not my case maybe....you are getting quickly to the "screw" word right on.
Try and pick up the essential, I just gave some context to it as how I thought things may be with some attractive women according to my experiences in BARS. I cannot give the whole details here to make you "chew it up all" now at the teaspoon level. There is not enough space here and time.
May be right or maybe wrong at some extent and there are circumstances. Jeeee.

Where are the Fk-buddies hiding then? On the beaches? On the high-society behind the scenes?...on "exotic adventures"?...or other "summer destinations"?
OR better say or answer...is it a notion in DENIAL ?

I was in a mall once, two girls (about 26 yo) talking:
Hi
Hi, how are you?
Fine, I just hooked up with my ex !
Oh, do you give him a..?
Myeah..because I like it.
Oh, ok then.

Are these single cases? Just by chance? or is this against mathematical probabilities and I was the lucky one hearing it?
OR again .... Oh these does not exists...oh not me...no no...
OR..its not what you've seen, its not what you think !
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:39:41 PM
Op,you're getting yourself so worked up over this,that all i can conclude is you frequent bars,in the hope of hooking up/meeting/finding a date & you luck out.
In other words,it doesnt happen.

So,you asssume ALL these women must have sugar-daddies, or fukcbuddies,coz it aint working for you ????

Sorry to say but maybe they're just not interested in YOU.

discrete_contact
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:44:13 PM
Jees man, I am not looking for at least one year. I am not chasing any women....I did not go to a BAR more then a year also.
Its just a question. Don't attach it PLEASE to what I might or might look or not.
Please believe me I am not looking and this statmenet is at least as REAL as..I like dancing...from the above comments.
Can I have that much at least?...its not related to anything as for now...or what I would think about somebody .... Its past experiences. PAST. If you don't like the question is fine. I was wondering, that's all.
I am also wondering of what other Planets are in the Universe......does this mean I will embark on a rocket now and search?
I can't believe this.....I am not interested in the subject anymore..
 christi66
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:36:34 AM
people like the op frighten me ... is he the weirdo at the bar who buys a girl one drink and then grabs her arm to try and drag her out of the bar for his expected sexual contact ?? hmm perhaps even a *discrete encounter * ?? I wonder ............
 afashionlady
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/26/2008 2:15:59 AM
OP

FB's can be anywhere. Hiding? Not. There's people who want FB posted on this site.

If you're asking where they are, they're just anywhere.

Please explain exactly what you want. Yes, people have f**kbuddies. No, they don't hide--unless they're married.

Sure people hook up with exes all the time.

You're English is what's tripping you up...it's confusing us who are trying to answer you
 Blueskies123
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/26/2008 2:48:10 AM
I've never read such a confusing post OP.

Dancing is fun.
Being single..well..I'm happy when single and I like to dance and go out.
Because I didn't look 'sexually frustrated' you are thinking that I must have an FB stashed away?
Er..nope.

Me thinks you are way over analysing when you see single women out enjoying themselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > The truth about Fk-Buddies