Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > At what age are women at their most beautiful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 whitefether
Msg: 1
view profile
History
At what age are women at their most beautiful?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have heard different ages suggested,. You have your older teenager, who is not really yet a woman, but she is legal, so she can be included. Then you have your 20's , when women are really at their physical prime and most beautiful physically. Then you have your 30's, when women are at their sexual prime, plus they have a poise and confidence that the 20 year olds did not. For the 40's and above, you are speaking of a more mature woman. But, for you, which age group is most attractive. And I am sure if you are in your 20's you will think the 20';s are most attractive. And the teens will think the teens are most attractive. But, what about the rest of you guys? What do you think?

Sherry WHitefeather
 Mish_Man
Msg: 2
At what age are women at their most beautiful?
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:02:26 PM
Really, the older I get, the older that age becomes - and the ages get skewed. When I was in my teens, I thought the hot women were in their 20's, when I was in my 20's it was the 20's, when I was in my 30's I really only thought of my ex-wife, but now that I am in my 40's, I have to say that it is women in their late 30's/early 40's.

I think it has to do with when I was younger, my major focus was looks. However, now I'm in my 40's, though looks are important it is the intangibles such as like interests and maturity/experience that attracts a woman to me.
 NoseyNeighbor
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:12:43 PM
....It's not about external appearances. It's about inner beauty. That comes in all age groups.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:21:03 PM
^^^ "It's not about external appearances. It's about inner beauty. That comes in all age groups."

Along the lines of what I was going to say. A woman is beautiful from her soul, her demeanor, her attitude, her convictions, her strengths. One who is ugly in those realms at whatever age, will be left in the dust....regardless the attention they give their outward appearance (eventually).

~ds~
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:30:30 PM
You are talking about physical beauty correct?

So I don't have to go on about beauty being non-physical then.

When I was in my teens and 20s I thought from 29-33 women were most beautiful.

When I was in my 30s, I still though in 29 to 33.

Today (age 53) I'd say today, age 28 to 38.

*** Now a days, the relationship between age and beauty is nowhere near as close as it used to be. ***

A *typical* 55 year-old woman today looks better than a typical 40 year old when I was 20.

In my part of Canada, a typical 18 to 25 year-old woman today looks significantly worse than in the 1970s.

The increasing prevalence of junk food and sedentary lifestyle, versus the availability of far more sophisticated exercise techniques and technology, better medical technology, the availability of sophisticated plastic surgery, cosmetics and fashion designs, has lead to a greater variability in the level of beauty women can have.

This means that a woman's lifestyle and values choices today have a much much bigger impact on her beauty, or lack of it, than they did 25 years ago.

These days I'd guess maybe the top 2% of women in their mid-50s (many without plastic surgery) are more beautiful (by my 53 y/o standards) than 80% of 30 y/os. You could not have said that about the top 2% of 40 y/os 25 years ago.

There is a much greater difference in beauty between the "most beautiful 10%" and the "least beautiful 10%" of women in the same age group today than 25 years ago.

You did ask about physical beauty, and I answered about physical beauty.

But I just know someone is going to post something about us being "so superficial". So I will add, "of course beauty is only one aspect, and not the most important aspect of a person's desirability." That should go without saying.
 Relaxed79
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:31:36 PM
....those are some cheesy answers...

I would say Mid 20's - mid 30s.
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:39:02 PM

...It's not about external appearances. It's about inner beauty. That comes in all age groups.

Now that's what I was gonna say!! You stole it dude!!

For me, beauty holds no age, for true beauty lies within the soul. The most attractive, and beautiful women are those that have opened the door to spirituality and can define unconditionalism and true worth, in life, and Love.

The things that make any woman or man truly beautiful cannot be described in years, or defined in physical age, for beauty is but a seed, and when one is enlightened enough to water, nurture, and cultivate the seed, one has scratched the surface of beauty.

Eventually, like a flower, beauty will blossom, year after year after infinite year.

The body ages, the soul and spirit grow, but as the body withers, the spirit blooms.

Beauty for me is non materialistic, non judgmental, and pure. Physical beauty starts with the eyes, for there in I can see trueness, and the aura follows.

Such a deep subject, and so difficult for me to put into words.

Attraction is one thing, and I for one am attracted to real beauty, but only within a close age proximity; for I am attracted to those that can empathize and appreciate the same, or similar.

BTW **OP** A womans peak is in her mid to late 30's, not 20's. But then again, who's to say? I believe it depends on the individual.

God Bless,
Scott.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:46:45 PM
Re. Msg. #6: Oh, okay....didn't realize it was strictly a numbers game.

In that case, strictly by the numbers, I have to go with 35 - 55

Sorry, those younger or older....I was given an ultimatum. Even though you may be outside that range and far more beautiful to me, I had to arbitrarily, pick 'something'.

Give me a break....it's the whole package....both genders. Otherwise, there wouldn't be threads about "how old/young is too old/young?"

~ds~
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:47:46 PM
Beauty and attractiveness are not synonyms.

Wasting time isn't attractive. So if a man is considering overall attractiveness, beauty can reduce it. Men have a range of physical beauty they think they deserve. For me, these days, it is 6 to 8. That is why in studies they find beautiful women are not approached any more often at bars than average single women.

Online here, it is similar with age, up to 10 years younger and 5 years older. No point wasting my time with women outside that age bracket.

In person, when I'm sizing up a conference room full of unfamiliar women, my decision on who to approach will be made on the basis of *all* available information, which is their appearance and how they move. (Their personality only enters into it to the extent it shows in their appearance and how they move.)

After that initial approach, whether to continue depends much more on personality and chemistry.

So women are not wasting their time and money by working on improving their appearance, at least in my opinion. But in the long term, appearance is not a magic wand that will excuse gross defects in personality.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:52:00 PM

Give me a break....it's the whole package....both genders.

I agree with attractiveness, its the whole package, beauty, inner beauty, and whatever else. I guess I'm confused because she asked about both didn't she, beauty and attractiveness.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:52:37 PM
^^^ "In person, when I'm sizing up a conference room full of unfamiliar women, my decision on who to approach"

Just wondering....did you mean 'conference room' metaphorically?

~ds~
 whitefether
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:56:53 PM
^^^^^Perhaps you are right on the age thing. I will have to look it up. I had just always heard that men and women both hit their physical prime in their 20's.

Sherry
 lypiphera
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/25/2008 10:59:52 PM
Enlighten me on this whole "women hit their sexual prime in their thirties" thing. In what way? Does her libido/response improve or something?
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:01:30 PM
OP, then you may want to clarify exactly what it is you're asking.

At what age physically (chronologically) is someone the most attractive?

Or, at what age are they most appealing?

Or, at what age do they hit their sexual 'prime'?

JMO

~ds~
 whitefether
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:30:27 PM
lypiphera, studies show that a woman libido is at it most active when a woman is in her 30's. Her desire for sex is greatest at that time of her life.

I was asking at what age does a woman look the most beautiful to you. So, I guess that would assume attractiveness in the beauty. Whatever you find most attractive and beautiful, if they are not separate things.

Appealing goes with the attractive and beautiful

I already answered about their sexual primes. There have been many studies done on this, so I am not taking a tally on what you think.

Sherry
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:54:59 PM

did you mean 'conference room' metaphorically?

Yes. Conference room, pub, evening class, lounge at the theatre center, any place where there's multiple (hopefully unattached) women that I don't know but would like to meet. So I have to pick one.
 passionandsong
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2008 11:58:16 PM
what is the age when women are less consumed with looks?i pick that one.
 WpgGentleman2
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:03:09 AM
In my 53 y/o opinion:
Most physically beautiful 28 to 38.
Most attractive 35 to 55.
Most appealing for long term 45 to 55.

sixofseven8
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:06:19 AM

what is the age when women are less consumed with looks?i pick that one.

At the age of acceptance.
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:10:46 AM
***lypiphera***

Enlighten me on this whole "women hit their sexual prime in their thirties" thing. In what way? Does her libido/response improve or something?

Enlighten you? That would be contadictive to the OP's thread, but I will say this; as we age, our definition of intimacy and yin-yang within the balance of physical and emotional pleasure are much more defined.

The answer to your specific question will be defined in later years, when you are more in tune with the aforementioned, and then you will recall a certain time and place when and where you asked this...

A seed has been planted, and when it sprouts, you will be over joyed at the outcome of the inevitable answer.

Only time can answer your question young lady, No disrespect intended, I promise.

God Bless,
Scott.
 TroubleAhoy!
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:29:34 AM
The truth without frou-frou is, that young women look MUCH better than old women. This is physical beauty we're talking about, not the inner beauty shinning through, blah-blah. Same goes for men. Attraction though is based on variable factors, such as personal preferences, intelligence and communication level, perceived compatibility, emotional and sexual availability, a bunch of (assumed) desirable personality traits, and whatever else you can think of...
But objectively looking, the young look better than the old.
 sosse
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:46:52 AM
There is a really cute girl that lives downstairs from me. We chatted on her 24th birthday, and I did my dyslexic engineer thing and wished her happy 42nd birthday. She answered that she was 24 and when she turned 42, she was pretty sure that she would probably wish she were 24 again.

I pointed out to her that at my advanced age I had no desire to return to 24 again. I am sheltered from repeating behavior that was detrimental and quite frankly uninteresting to me now.

Thus, I would say that if you are talking still photographs that are retouched and utilize lighting to enhance all the fantastic features that God endowed the fairer sex with, then probably late 20's early 30's. But given who I am, there is no way that beauty and attractiveness cannot be relative to my age. The +/- 5 year rule is there for a reason. BUT, let's be honest, the number of people that fall into the category for truly attractive personalities are few and far between. Ah, the disadvantages of being an eccentric old coot.
 passionandsong
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:49:39 AM
The truth without frou-frou is, that young women look MUCH better than old women. This is physical beauty we're talking about, not the inner beauty shinning through, blah-blah

put down the flair mag and step away.o.k...good. now we are going to start feeding you the male secret you never read in the mag.......we are not as shallow as you have been programed to believe.most guys do not find those woman appealing,in fact quite opposite.we generally are annoyed by women who constantly are fighting an ideal look,body,what have you.we like you the way you are.
 EaglesCry68
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 12:52:09 AM

The truth without frou-frou is, that young women look MUCH better than old women. This is physical beauty we're talking about, not the inner beauty shinning through, blah-blah. Same goes for men. Attraction though is based on variable factors, such as personal preferences, intelligence and communication level, perceived compatibility, emotional and sexual availability, a bunch of (assumed) desirable personality traits, and whatever else you can think of...
But objectively looking, the young look better than the old.

I'll agree to a small extent...The young may look better to some, for those who's eyes perceive a bud more attractive as opposed to the flower itself.

I work with 90+ women, and most are in their 20's or less...I find the ladies that are in their mid 30's, clear to 55's, much more attractive.
What one perceives in beauty is not just a concept of preference, but a repercussion of the light they shine.

There are a few, ranging from 19 to about 25 that I think are adorable, in many ways, but I am not attracted to anything more than their spiritual demeanor and behavior. Such well behaved young women, gorgeous in looks, and respectful in demeanor. But the matureness in there behavior, and the professionalism they display, even though they are working a job for the first time in their lives, is incomprehensible.

What you've stated is stereotypical at best, for I would rather adore a woman who's body is seasoned, than one who has not been touched. Tight skinned, taught ass, blemish free?

No thanks, not for me, not attractive in the least..But then again, to each his/her own.

If a woman prefersd Chip-n-Dale types, then I would be turned off, and I am not too shabby at 39!!

Generalization if ever I heard it.

A young female doesn't cross my mind, or fantasies. I like what I have in my age realm, for it is natural, both to me, and all that is....
(Respectfully)

Scott.
 whitefether
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2008 3:00:31 AM
"what is the age when women are less consumed with looks?i pick that one."

Try the sixties. LOL I am there and don't spend near as much time in front of the mirror. Rather disheartening.

Well, I am just amazed. I have spent the last two days on a post about some guy who is absolutely distraught because a girl in her twenties has put an age preference that does not include him. He is 38. I mean, this person is obsessed with the idea that he should be able to date women in their 20's, as low as 20. So, it just got me thinking that men must all feel that the women in their physical prime (20's) were the most beautiful. So, that is what I get for thinking.

Sherry
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > At what age are women at their most beautiful?