Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Jack Lalanne Face exercises...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MatFK
Msg: 1
Jack Lalanne Face exercises...Page 1 of 1    
Anybody ever hear of this? I've been trying it for about a month now and have noticed that certain parts of my face have become tighter...

Anyhow, I don't have a link, but you can search it on You Tube if you're curious.
 bearwoman1959
Msg: 2
Jack Lalanne Face exercises...
Posted: 7/30/2008 6:33:12 AM
I remember watching his show back in the 60's with my mother. She'd do the exercises along with Jack and that dorky music he used. She used to do the face exercises and they looked hilarious. Hell, maybe they do work. She's 82 now and still looks good.
 pazoozoo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 10:22:16 AM
I've seen him and his wife on infomercials. If they are examples of the exercises, I don't think they work.
 IluvChris
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:52:52 AM
it's amazing what you can "sell" in the "health" field....
 satx78218
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:13:46 PM
"examples of the exercises, I don't think they work."

They are both over 90 and still work out 2 hours/day, IIRC. They are "examples" of how healthy diet and physical fitness allows us to live. I have no idea about their medical histories.

Exercising facial muscles is a legit concept. They are like any other muscles. Why wouldn't they be?

There are also classical hatha yoga exercises/positions for face, neck, and eyes.
 TheS0urce1969
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/30/2008 7:09:03 PM
Jack Lalanne is very old but he still has huge muscles and he can still workout like a young guy. He does a lot of juicing. If you can afford to buy a lot of vegetables then you should try juicing it's very healthy for you.

"At age 93, he continues to work out every morning for two hours. He spends one and a half hours in the weight room, and half an hour swimming or walking. LaLanne and his wife Elaine (80) live in Morro Bay, California."

source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_LaLanne

You might to want an interview about his diet and exercise

http://www.shareguide.com/LaLanne.html
 piscescoda
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:52:34 PM
Jack LaLanne is god.
 redwood34
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/2/2008 11:30:04 AM
I am amazed by all the feats of strength and endurance that Jack Lalane has achieved over his lifetime, they are hard to believe and really amazing if you look them up.
 bananapuddin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2008 4:16:15 PM
Thanks for sharing this!!
Have read and heard about facial exercises, but these are simple and don't cost a fortune....
Am going to try them........
 laskoboo
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 10:58:36 AM
I am just discovering all of Jacks stuff, face and other workouts, diet...... all his wonderful advice and instructions !
The man was way ahead of his time........... thank God for utube !!!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/18/2012 11:12:06 AM
Anything Jack suggests I would consider trying.

I have thought of the jaw muscles..and how I would love to tighten mine.

Absolutely fabulous body until he died of pneumonia at 96..

What a shame.
 windchymes
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 11:29:22 AM
"I've seen him and his wife on infomercials. If they are examples of the exercises, I don't think they work."

Yeah, but he looked great during calling hours at the viewing.....

me_me_me_pick_me
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/18/2012 11:39:25 AM
I don't know if they air the juicer infomercial anymore or not, but if you ever get a chance to watch it, you'll notice that Jack LaLane doesn't once take a drink of the juice at any time during the program.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/18/2012 1:07:17 PM

Anything Jack suggests I would consider trying.

Why?

I have thought of the jaw muscles..and how I would love to tighten mine.

You can not "tighten" muscle, nor will making the muscle stronger change the appearance of your face.

What people describe as tightness is just soreness from working muscles that have not worked before.

It would be the same as saying sit ups will change your appearance.

Absolutely fabulous body until he died of pneumonia at 96..

Which was mostly the product of genetics, as you can not really improve on your age expectancy, at best you can just try to come as close to it.

I would rather die doing something at 60 than a virus at 96.
 laskoboo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2012 1:32:41 PM
PP if you want to try the jaw tightening, utube has all the shows you can watch on video.
I plan to start watching one vid a day a few days a week.

His wife in her day was good looking too, no one stays good looking forever..... he and his wife both looked 20 or more years younger than their age. They were healthy.
I like the utube vids.
Today I learned to make all natural, unproceesed, raw food dessert !!!!

he was ahead of his time !!!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/19/2012 4:05:12 AM

You can not "tighten" muscle, nor will making the muscle stronger change the appearance of your face.

I beg to differ as to the appearance of something when you are working muscles a lot. When I was a bubble gum fanatic, my jaw got huge like a chipmunk..Muscular to the max. Therefore it WAS tighter in the skin.
So I stopped.

When I stopped working my abs like mad my waist got smaller.

If you fill your face with some extra muscle tissue it will change the appearance..Fill out.
They pay a lot for injectables these days or fillers as they call them.

Now I have crowns and such and can't CHAW that bubble gum and blow those bubbles..LOL.

you can not really improve on your age expectancy, at best you can just try to come as close to it.

I want a strong jaw line not live to be on a Smuckers jelly jar..

I would rather die doing something at 60 than a virus at 96.

^^^^^^^^He did do something until he died.

He never "retired" and was very fit.

I hope you don't get pneumonia and die..That would be just awful and I would get soooo bored in this forum!!!

if you want to try the jaw tightening, utube has all the shows you can watch on video.

^^^^^^^^ I checked.
I started yesterday and after 5 minutes I could really feel it.

Ill keep it up 3 times a week .
I feel like I chewed half a horse this morning.

It may not do anything but build up the muscle and that is enough for me.
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:27:19 PM

eh....call it what you want.

Facial exercises targeting muscle groups will change the contours and appearance of your face.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/25/2012 4:30:30 PM

Facial exercises targeting muscle groups will change the contours and appearance of your face.

If all other things are kept the same, you will never see the difference.

Exercising changes muscles on a cellular level, if you still have the same amount of fat covering those muscles, you will never see the difference.

For the same reason that you could do sit-ups for years and never see your abs.
 jaqi
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2012 12:35:05 PM
I do face exercises and swear by them... they keep your jawline firm, open up your eyes and raise your brow line and many other ways of improving the face. When I started doing them some years ago I held a party 3 weeks later and just about everyone who walked in said wow I looked fantastic but no-one could quite put their finger on what was different ... You can feel it and see it when you have been doing them. I follow carole maggios facerciser, it's brilliant. They are for men and women.
 ExquisiteWoman
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/26/2012 2:04:35 PM
here are some sites for face exercises~enjoy

http://www.shapeyourface.com/

http://www.ageless.co.za/facial.htm
 Ms Cheevious
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2012 6:02:32 PM

I do face exercises and swear by them

ditto!

I have a little gizmo gadget for flex exercises, and I've created my own resistance training exercises for eyelids and marionette and jaw lines.

Another good exercise, get a nerf type ball..round or football shape, doesn't matter - as long as it is densely constructed, not soft and easily flattened.
Prop it between your chin and base of throat. Lower head towards chest, or just use your lower jaw muscles. The idea is to press against and contract the ball. You will feel the burn. Great for jowls and double chins.

There was a product on the market years ago to do the same thing, but it was costly. A nerf ball at Walmart or wherever, is just a few $$.

When the ball gets too soft or no longer offers sufficient resistance/challenge, it's easy to replace. (kinda sounds like a man, doesn't it?? )

j/k guyz...chillax

I follow carole maggios facerciser, it's brilliant.

I had one of her very early books - maybe from the 80's?

It was OK, I guess, but I couldn't get into her "imagine you are doing this" movements. I guess I should look to see what she looks like now. If she's still looking mahhvelouss dahhling, mayhaps I should rethink make believe..
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Jack Lalanne Face exercises...