Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hermaphrodites and dating(definition:born half male and half female)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 justlooooking
Msg: 1
Hermaphrodites and dating(definition:born half male and half female)Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Alright, i noticed all the negative comments about little people and dating so here`s one for you fellow pofer`s. Would you date a hermaphrodite. and if so/not why? And NO i`m NOT one! I`m simply seeing just how negative and unaccepting of our fellow earth dwellers society really is these days.
 JWork25
Msg: 2
Hermaphrodites and dating(definition:born half male and half female)
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:36:57 AM
If they cut off their penis.

Justin
 stillclock
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:39:15 AM
while i'm not going to vote to delete this thread, i'm sure others will.

this is called flame bait, and you have baited a seriously small percentage of the population, putting them out there as a litmus test for social bigotry.

hermaphrodites are not "half woman/half man". they are people born with some percentage of both male and female sexual characteristics.

would i date someone with a body like that?

sure, if they were the kind of person i would date anyway.

a
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:42:00 AM
Hermaphrodites, for the majority of the time, are non-issues. hermaphrodites are usually spotted at birth. When this happens, a few simple surgeries at a very young age, and then the appropriate hormone medication, allows hermaphrodites these days, to live generally healthy lives.
 justlooooking
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/30/2008 9:55:17 AM
if it gets deleted, it gets deleted....imo the "little people" thread has so much hostility in it that it should be also but.....it`s not my choice.....and if it does get deleted (mine) that will in turn answer my question o so completely.....
 Obsidian71
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/30/2008 10:21:28 AM
Isn't Jamie Lee Curtis a Hermaphrodite?

Who wouldn't date her?

O
 arwen52
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2008 10:29:20 AM
They are such a small percentage of the population and, as someone pointed out, are usually "treated" as infants, that I consider it a rather moot point. As with anyone else, though, the answer is always that it depends on the person. Would I date a person of another race, another culture, with particular characteristics? It always depends on the person. Since I've never encountered this situation and am highly unlikely to, I don't know for sure. If I met someone who I thought was very interesting and attractive, then probably I would. Their body is something they're born with that they have little control over. The kind of person they evolve into, though - that's what interests or not.

And, for the record, as someone pointed out - a hermaphrodite is not "half male, half female." They have genitalia of both sexes, one of which is usually undeveloped. These days most parents opt for surgical intervention at birth.

Looking for ways to find out "how negative and unaccepting our fellow earth dwellers" are is really pretty childish. If you have an honest inquiry about a question, it's one thing, but trying purposefully to provoke what you perceive to be people's prejudices serves no purpose but to propagate the very negativity you imply you disdain. What's the point of that? Some people like to pick arguments, I've never understood that. I will tell you this, though - I do not date people who pick arguments. Period.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/30/2008 10:31:33 AM
Posted By: Obsidian71 on 7/30/2008 128 PM

Who wouldn't date her?

Allegedly... But, would you still date her if she was "packing heat?"

Myself? I don't know. I guess it depends on a lot of things beyond them being intersexual.
 MrT.
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:23:58 AM
What's with all of the hostility, OP? Instead of worrying about little people, he/she, or aliens trying to colonize their planets, why don't you pose the real question that you are seeking? You can start by seeing the urine jar half full and getting a new dictionary.
 69shwing
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:47:49 AM
I met a hermaphrodite once.

Some drunk **** was talking smack to my buddy in a bar one night, so I told her to go f*ck herself, and she did. Weird!!
 Gangster Kitten
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:51:51 AM

Allegedly... But, would you still date her if she was "packing heat?"

Myself? I don't know. I guess it depends on a lot of things beyond them being intersexual.

That's not how it works. There's never been a single recorded incident of a hermaphrodite with both sex organs completely functional.

Generally, one gender is dominate and that sex organ is fully/partially functional, and the other organ is very underdeveloped and completely non-functional.

In most cases, the genitalia are fused in some way, though nothing a little surgery can't fix, and with sufficient hormonal suppliments throughout the person's life, the eventually develop into a decent sexual function.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/30/2008 11:58:29 AM
^^^ Didn't you just post that earlier? We got it.

It's called levity. You know... Humour. Maybe I need to work on my act a little...
 DoobieBro
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/30/2008 12:08:52 PM
It seems like Dr Spock is out of (his mind) our league. Isn't there a General Hospital forum where you could go play Rick Springfield (the doctor, not the musician)???!!!
 yet2bimpressed
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/31/2008 12:38:49 PM
I'll get with a Herm. hook me up :)
 goshilovey0u
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2008 1:01:35 PM
Best of both worlds?

I believe I would.
 AlansPhoto1
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/1/2009 3:43:33 PM
Are they any on here?

tiffanympm
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/1/2009 4:17:04 PM
it depends on the person. It's not a fetish of mine so I wouldn't go looking for one.
 hottgirl002
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/3/2009 11:46:26 PM
Well to ansure some of the questens on here, Not all hermaphrodites are born the same . yes there are some who can be spotted at birth , but there is no proven reason to butcher there bodies , leave up to them when there of age to decide what they want done , if the parent decides to mess up there babies life they have no biz having kids . And being born with sexes is not a condition or a birth defect . It is just life or as we normal minded people say its evelution , sure people fear what they dont understand , but when a babie is butcher at birth and when the hit puburty they dont know what is wrong with them selves . Oh the most asked questen is being a hermaphrodite make them gay, well it dont , hermaphrodite are excempt from sexual orention lableing . I and I know this becouse im a serebro hermaphrodite , I only date men , I have been pregnant before , had a misscarige becouse the I guy I was with punched me in the stomack causing the misscarige , if that had not of happend I could of went full term . All we ask in life is to be treated like normal human beings , for exsample when im seeing a strait guy it does not make him gay , if im seeing a gay it does not make him strait , it just means he,s being human .
 hottgirl002
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/3/2009 11:57:34 PM
News flash buddy . I have complete sexes . and yes I do have the abilty to give and conceive . I just preffer my female functions its just my choice .and im lucky my bodie didnt get butcher when i was a baby and I have never been on any meds eather. (life always finds a way ),
 EvilLolli
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2009 12:12:04 AM
Well at some points in history, they were considered the "gift of the gods". Go figure. I though not a hermaphrodite, consider some of the modern atrocities visited upon them appalling. (in some countries a pregant hermaphrodite cannot receive prenatal?)

A person cannot help the accidents of birth, that should not be held against them.
When they are too young to make choices, their parents choices should not be held against them(surgery or drugs).

I would be a friend, can't say never more than that(never say never) to one. Until it was in my face I will not predict how I would react. How's that for honest?
 stealth122148
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/4/2009 3:53:14 PM
comments about little people

It is one thing to be born little.

It is another to be born normal and not be educated. Narrow minded $hit 4 brains.

In other words. Some people may have thought you were ignorant.

With your post, you have removed all doubt.

No, i am not one of the little people but i would rather be in their company than yours anyday.

You are nothing but a bully and trust me, i could put a few more comments down here to discribe you and people like you but hey, you are not worth the space you take up here on earth.

Beam him up Scotty
 BiBoz49
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 7:36:33 AM

A person cannot help the accidents of birth, that should not be held against them.

Exactly what EvilLolli said. If we clicked and the person was my type then for sure I would go on dates and more.
 Leeanne
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 7:50:01 AM
Last year I had a 10 year old student come to me to talk about her friend who was 'different' - she found it hard to put into words but she told me that at a sleep over her friend showed her that she had both a penis and a vagina. This little girl wanted clarification if it was ok to have this other person as her friend. I asked her if they had fun together playing at recess, doing crafts, going to the movies etc. She said that they did - that they indeed were very good friends. I told her that's all that matters - that a friend is a friend no matter how God brought them into this world!
So as we go into adult hood why would we shun someone else simply for who they are? We shouldn't!!
 GWSmith
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 7:51:03 AM
Depends on the person.
 amorist87
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2009 11:33:27 PM
The p.c. term is intersex, rather than hermaphrodite (which is highly stigmatized).

No, I do not have an intersex condition. Yes, I would certainly date someone who did if, of course, I enjoyed them as a person. People are more than just a sum of their parts.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Hermaphrodites and dating(definition:born half male and half female)